FDM Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Rod Flavell

"A great opportunity"

Current Employee - Software Developer in New York, NY

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great academy with solid teaching foundation

Cons

Low pay, but that is to be expected

FDM Group2019-08-06

"Java Developer"

Current Employee - Java Developer in New York, NY

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great trainers, friendly people, good for getting your foot in the door for IT

Cons

Contract and willingness to relocate is necessary

FDM Group2019-07-25
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Got placed with Fannie Mae"

Current Employee - IT Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at FDM Group full-time

Pros

Get placed with big name companies that you would not otherwise a chance, with Industry experience Professional Training Job-like experience prior to being placed Knowledgeable Trainers Staff that genuinely cares Amazing CEO If you end up training in Austin, you lucked out. I don't know about the other locations, but I know the people out of this office and they are amazing.

Cons

Low pay for high cost of living areas Needs a higher re-location allowance for those with families Not the best health care plan

Advice to Management

If we don't plan to increase wages for those working in high-cost of living areas, we could, at least, offer a higher re-location allowance.

FDM Group2019-04-30

"Great Place to Start Career"

Current Employee - Software Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent Training Commitment to employees Excellent opportunities involving fortune 500 companies

Cons

Lot of work - especially if you have little to no software experience. Rigid contract structure.

FDM Group2019-04-19

"Good starting point"

Current Employee - IT Consultant in Reston, VA

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

You have people that are trying to find you jobs and teach you things

Cons

You make less money

FDM Group2019-04-17
  7. Featured Review

"Opportunities for growth are huge -- if you put in the work"

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

As someone who has been at FDM for 5+ years, I can say honestly that you get out what you put in. That applies both to internal staff roles and to the consultant careers program. If you work hard, take the time to learn and take the training seriously, and look at it as a long-term career development investment, the doors opened to you through FDM can be amazing and set you up for a really meaningful professional... trajectory. You will have to work hard for it, but it’s absolutely within reach. In my personal experience I can say I've been given increasing responsibility in my years here, growing my role within my team and the wider business. I’ve seen the business expand to include new offices and countries of operation. The pace of work is dynamic and quickly changing, and a sociable and hardworking team makes that an enjoyable challenge. As I've been at FDM for a while I've also had the privilege of seeing the career growth of peers who went through the consultant program. In North America, the rate at which our consultants transition internally to clients following completion of the 2-year program is very high. I’ve watched consultants I knew from training grow into managers themselves, and some of them now lead multinational teams or have relocated to amazing locations around the globe. Yes, the two years at FDM can seem like a daunting commitment to a recent graduate, but the experience you gain through FDM’s client placements truly sets up the path for rewarding career. If you are willing to put in the effort – be proactive in seeking out mentor(s), get (and implement) feedback to improve yourself, say "yes" to challenging yourself with new projects – that's in my experience been the best path to succeed at FDM, whether you're staff or a consultant working with clients.

Cons

The hours can be demanding during certain peak seasons/projects Because it's a fast-paced work environment, it can be stressful at times

Advice to Management

Every region is different, so continue to be open minded as to how the business needs to adapt culturally in other markets

FDM Group2019-01-22

"Good opportunities to get your foot in the door"

Former Employee - Consultant in Reston, VA

I worked at FDM Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Opportunities to get your foot in the door with big name companies, extensive tech training, fun culture and events, paid relocation and housing during training

Cons

Pay is on the low end, limited benefits package, strict schedule during training

Advice to Management

Benefits package could be more robust and consider raising salaries

FDM Group2019-01-10

"Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fabulous trainers who genuinely care about trainees. I learned a great deal and learned a lot about being professional and confident.

Cons

lack of flexible work hours.

Advice to Management

Become more Americanised. Flexible work hours and communicate better with trainees regarding their placements.

FDM Group2018-11-06

"Military Veteran Recruitment Consultant"

Current Employee - Military Veteran Recruitment Consultant in Reston, VA

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Opportunity for veterans, recent college grads, and returners to work to get a jumpstart on their IT careers. Also, There is a big push for Women in IT.

Cons

Areas of opportunity include streamlining the recruitment process and placement for candidates.

FDM Group2018-08-16

"My time so far at FDM Group"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- The most ambitious growth minded company I have ever worked for, there is a real buzz around the office - Supportive staff across all departments I have come across, everyone wants you to succeed - CEO / COO very down to earth visit throughout the year, are completely invested in ensuring the company succeeds - Great opportunity to move career forward very quickly

Cons

- Very few to note due to company in growth phase at times it can be hectic, however this does make it exciting

Advice to Management

- Keep on supporting all levels of staff and taking on the feedback from consultants as well as all internal facing staff

FDM Group2018-06-12