FDM Group Software Engineer Reviews | Glassdoor

FDM Group CEO Rod Flavell
Rod Flavell

"Placement and Training"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

FDM has a great training program, a very supportive staff and enthusiastic peers. The placement was very quick and FDM had trained me well for the interview. FDM trained me on my soft skills and office etiquette; as a recent college graduate I really gained some insights to the real world and I felt comfortable with the transition.

Cons

Low Pay, I assume that with the training and the placement/networking sessions the pay would be significantly lower.

FDM Group2017-04-04
  2. "Interesting recruit, train, deploy model"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at FDM Group for less than a year

Pros

I just got through the interview process at FDM so bear in mind my experience is very limited. The phone interviewers and the first wave of people were very nice and cared about what I had to say. They were transparent with the contract obligations and how the system worked. It sounds like a great place to launch a tech career if you haven't received the desired internship/co-op experience during undergrad.

Cons

- underpaid for a certain period -contractual obligations seem like a burden, but if you can deal with it for two years you should be fine

FDM Group2019-06-06

"Research before accept"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Toronto, ON

I worked at FDM Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

easy to get offer even for fresh people without experience, it can be a good place for all people got rejected from other places.

Cons

Payment is way beyond low. Their contract binds you for two years and there is no way to get out from it. Only if you have no money to pay rent and you are sure there is no other way to get a job in future accept their offers. If you are smart, educated and like to have dignity never get close to them.

FDM Group2019-06-19
  4. "Don't go for this if you are confident in your abilities"

Former Employee - Software Test Engineer in Toronto, ON

I worked at FDM Group for less than a year

Pros

Friendly environment and helpful people Basic training on useful tools Lots of high profile clients Free coffee and tea

Cons

Looking for a placement after training can be depressing Depending on which stream you get into you may not get may roles presented Training doesn't cover more advanced aspects on important topics so you have a half baked knowledge of everything You can probably get a higher paying job in the same amount of time No one can brew coffee right

Advice to Management

Please stop giving every role to developers. There are other streams that are just as qualified if not more for them.

FDM Group2019-03-27

"Good trade off"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in London, England

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Access to valuable experience Clients know what they can expect from you, so you get to have more time to learn at the job.

Cons

If placed in London or an expensive city, salary is low. 2 years permanence, otherwise pay 20K as leaving fine. HR department not very competent. You don´t get much access to training outside from the basic 3 months at the academy

FDM Group2018-11-26

"Very bad salary, no benefits, employee comes last in FDM"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in London, England

I worked at FDM Group

Pros

The only positive about joining FDM Group is that you learn how to avoid dodgy companies like this in the future.

Cons

One of the lowest salaries in the market with a very funny raise in the second year. FDM is renting you to other companies as sub-contractors, FDM gets loads of money because of your work and you get pennies. For your managers and the company you are only money producing units nothing more, they will never hear your concerns. In terms of benefits they give the bare minimum. Only pension. And this is because the...

Advice to Management

Respect your employees and pay them what they deserve.

FDM Group2016-01-20
  7. "A fantastic opportunity to get into my dream job"

Current Employee - Software Engineer Trainee in London, England

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I am really enjoying the training and support that I have recieved so far. It has been extremely professional from the first stage of recruitment, through to meeting the sales team and being put forward to opportunities. I feel as though the entire company is very well integrated and I am excited by the new prospects of working all around the UK. There are also chances to work further afield with opportunities becoming...

Cons

To me, the training seemed like a step up from university and I had to sometimes ask a lot of questions to fully understand what I was learning.The current offices are slightly small, but we are moving to what looks like an incredible new location.

FDM Group2013-10-24