FHC, Inc Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Fhc employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bowdoinham, ME
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bowdoinham, ME

I have been working at FHC, Inc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall nice place to work. When I first started I felt welcome and they were excited for me to join their team. Everyone was nice and helpful.

Cons

If you are not management or in the owners little click you are scum. Employees are over worked, under paid and disrespected. Managers are allowed to cross boundaries on personal matters that are dealt with HR. I have been emotionally abused and disrespected as an employee!

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with a little respect. They are the reason you are still afloat!

2. "FHC Inc"

Former Intern - Intern - Hourly in Bowdoin, ME
    Former Intern - Intern - Hourly in Bowdoin, ME

I worked at FHC, Inc as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Good place to learn new things and gain experience.
    Developing company with great business tactics and good manufacturing capacities.

Cons

NO cons at working in FHC

Advice to Management

N/A

"Run away!"

Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Bowdoin, ME
    Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Bowdoin, ME

I worked at FHC, Inc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I met some amazing people at FHC and it did jump start my career in Marketing, for which I am thankful.

Cons

Poor management. The founder should be passing on his knowledge to trusted employees and preparing to retire in the near future. Instead, he's a tyrant. People are getting fired or are quitting left and right, like rats leaving a sinking ship. It's too bad, because they make some really innovative products and it is SO good for Maine's economy. For this company to turn around, the founder needs to disappear and let others step up in his wake. I don't believe that will ever happen voluntarily though. The marketing department was restructured and its duties changed several times in the 3 years I was there, which leads to no one knowing what they're supposed to be doing.

Advice to Management

None. Management is not interested in advice and I really believe there is no hope for it.

4. "Dysfunctional does describe it best!"

I have been working at FHC, Inc full-time

Pros

A lot of honest, hard working, and nice people work here. Good work life balance if you can avoid daily interaction with upper management. Financially sound even if heavily micromanaged.

Cons

Environment is rule-by-fear, emotionally abusive, inept leadership, and poor people management skills. Pay is low relative to industry norms. Those that are skilled and could make a difference are heavily undermined, even near the top management.

Advice to Management

Fresh leadership is needed.

5. "This company is awesome"

Current Employee - Marketing in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Marketing in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at FHC, Inc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good management, competitive pay, well defined job roles

Cons

Very little room for advancement

Advice to Management

Create a culture with better communication across departments

6. "Dysfunctional."

Pros

For the most part, it's the people that make coming to work tolerable. Everyone has a sense of humor and a commitment to bettering the world and the community.

Cons

There is a near-complete lack of leadership and vision at the top of the company. People are constantly undermined, overworked, underpaid, and even emotionally abused. Most days the company feels like a sinking ship that is somehow staying afloat despite itself.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging everything.

7. "High tech, medical manufacturer in quiet, rural setting."

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst
    Current Employee - Programmer Analyst

Pros

Location is good, fringe benefits are good, community relations are good, opportunities for people with advanced degrees are very good. Hourly workers have decent pay and good working conditions. No layoff policy for hourly production workers. All workers have a voice in improvements to procedures and processes. Good continuous improvement process. Profit sharing plan is good, but profitability is fairly low for the industry. Employee ownership opportunity is good.

Cons

Salaried workers without advanced degrees will have very limited career opportunities. Workers who are head of household will be not be able to afford the health insurance (single person has good coverage, but insurance for spouse and children is 100% out of pocket.)

Advice to Management

Get outside review of your management effectiveness. Develop talent internally at all levels.