What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The management is horrible." (in 22 reviews)
- "Some of the clients are demanding and senior leadership doesn’t push back." (in 19 reviews)
- "Pay is low for the requirements to get a technical job (some of our interns have masters degrees)." (in 18 reviews)
- "Low salary (that's really all actually)" (in 14 reviews)
- "limited opportunities for professional development" (in 11 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of FHI 360 and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 117 of over 745 reviews
Updated Sep 24, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "management"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0Jun 29, 2022Senior ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 10 years
FHI 360 has always stayed ahead of the curve in adapting to the changing development landscape. It is on a 50+ year journey, with hills and valleys and many turns along the way. Some things they get very right; others present challenges. What I have appreciated is their willingness to adapt.
The organization struggles from setting too many priorities and lacks sufficient change management expertise to move staff and systems along. Sometimes they are afraid to make the tough decisions, particularly where technical domains are concerned, thus ending up trying to do everything for everyone.1
- 4.0Apr 28, 2016Research Associate IICurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsDurham, NC
Depending on your boss, work hours can be very flexible and working from home an option. Most staff are great.
Upper management has no clue what happens at the 'worker bee' level and is completely out of touch. Upper management does not do a good job forecasting job need and as a result employees are subject to layoff.5