FIJI Water Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
FIJI Water President David Ricanati
David Ricanati

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Sr. Regional Sales Manager"

Former Employee - Senior Regional Sales Manager in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Senior Regional Sales Manager in Tucson, AZ

I worked at FIJI Water full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent company to work at all levels

Cons

There were really no cons working there.

Advice to Management

Great place to work

2. "Temp work pays well, but temps are treated poorly"

Former Employee - Temp Worker in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Temp Worker in Tucson, AZ

I worked at FIJI Water full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free bottled water.
    Good pay for a temp position.

Cons

Temps are treated *very* poorly.
    Very little time is spent training new employees, even on complicated tasks. Oftentimes they have temps who have only been around for a few weeks training other temps how to do tasks.
    Management is slow to react to employee complaints. The heat was broken during much of the winter, and employees were forbidden to bring in space heaters to warm the room up.
    High turnover rate with temps means that lots of time is wasted training new temps the same jobs over and over again. One particular position was filled and vacated 5 times in a 4-month period.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring temps. You are too large of a company to keep hiring temps for 2-3 weeks. This workload is not going away, and too much time is being wasted on the training of new employees because of the high turnover rate with temps.

3. "Hkl"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at FIJI Water part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good ventures to partake yes

Cons

Bad pay low wages and

"Great, forward-thinking company"

Former Employee - Sales Operations Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Operations Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at FIJI Water full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Talented, respectful and overall amazing people to work with and for. Learned a lot about business during my with this company and had my hands in many different projects across multiple functions.

Cons

Heavy workloads as it is a lean organization. Most employees tend to have an "and" in their title because we were usually tasked with multiple jobs.

5. "Sales Team"

I have been working at FIJI Water full-time

Pros

Positive team environment. Healthy, friendly culture from owners. Luxury product. Great work trips.

Cons

Growth opportunities seem to be slow. Salary is lower than competitors. Plastic bottles, very competitive industry.

Advice to Management

More training for older managers. Increased upward mobility and growth within business units.

6. "Packaging Engineer"

I worked at FIJI Water full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I learned a lot. Worked with great people. Good business exposure and a lot of hands on experience.

Cons

Really fast paced environment with no breaks and no one to really guide or help fix it if you made mistakes.

Advice to Management

People should feel comfortable - not scared - to ask questions. You should try and cultivate a learning environment especially for people just entering the work force.

"Things have changed"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at FIJI Water (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great products: water and wines

Cons

Has lost the corporate culture that made it successful

8. "Great place to intern"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Free FIJI Water to drink, great co-workers, lots of opportunity to get meaningful experience as an intern

Cons

Not too many negatives, not really much of a company culture that may be related to high turnover in some departments.

Advice to Management

They seem to be doing a lot of things right, but maybe some additional effort towards building a stronger company culture would help improve

FIJI Water Response

Jul 28, 2016 – VP of TA

Great advice! thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

"Obscene amounts of minutiae & fire-drills...experienced professionals beware"

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at FIJI Water full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Free FIJI water, great co-workers and a good remote support system from HQ. Good benefits and POS. Fun people in a social/non work environment

Cons

The company and its ownership do not value the great talent they have and make it very clear on a regular basis. Management motivates by fear of losing your job and has no consistency once goals, programs and budgets are set. Incredible amounts of MINUTIAE and an inefficient use of time by all the fire-drills and trackers. Salary is not commensurate with workload and responsibility. Lots of Egocentric behavior.

Advice to Management

Create a plan and stick to it, practice what you preach. Senior management makes their regional managers and sales people look incompetent with their distributors because of the constant change in direction on daily/weekly/monthly basis. Value your people.

"Fun and exciting company to work for."

I have been working at FIJI Water full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I like selling a well-known, premium artisan water. The benefits are great. The employee discount does not just apply to Fiji Water, but to other Roll Global brands that I may not directly sell in my portfolio. For example, Teleflora is a Roll Global company and even though I work for Fiji Water I can still receive a discount through Teleflora, which is especially nice during the holidays. Also, the holiday care package sent out this season was so cute. There was an audio card, Fiji Water, oranges and pomegranates, and pistachios and almonds. It was a wonderful holiday gift. So many companys don't send such nice packages to their employees during the holiday season. Also, Roll Global gave me $1000 to spend on my choice of charity (as long as it is approved). I chose a dog rescue program near me that saves dogs from kill shelters and also focuses on rescuing dogs from dog fights, like pitbull fighting. I had to submit it for approval and it was approved. If you don't have a specific charity in mind the company has a website where you can search for causes and pick one. The bonus at the end of the year if you hit your numbers is great too. The numbers are attainable too. Also, the company promotes from within as much as possible. This is nice because I can see room to grow and can see my time with the company as a worthwhile investment in my career. The company also flew my team and I out to Justin Vineyards in CA for a few days. The goal was to tour the vineyard and return home with more knowledge about the winemaking process and values behind Justin wines. I hope to visit Landmark Vineyards soon. If you work with the company long enough they eventually send every employee to Fiji to see where the water is bottled and how Fiji Water gives back to the community in Fiji.

Cons

I'd like more training initially. My first couple months were trial by fire, so to speak. Also, I drive a lot for my job. I average about 2000 miles per month. I also work weekends occasionally to host wine tastings and such. They are only a few hours long so I don't mind, and I probably worked the weekend about 15 times out of the entire year. I also don't mind spending lots of time in the car. If I don't have any phone calls to make for work (blue tooth audio a must) then I can pop in an audio book.

Advice to Management

It would be nice to have more training available to new hires. A weekend seminar, or even just a webinar or online video series would be great. I know there are lots of opportunities to continue learning while employeed with Fiji, but for new hires specifically I think more traning should be available.