FILD Executive Recruiter Reviews | Glassdoor

Executive Recruiter

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Nancy Soni

"A Great Agency To Work For"

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at FILD full-time

Pros

Great culture currently- everyone is very supportive of one another and there is a sense of comradery. It is competitive, but not at all in a cut throat way. The CEO is extremely passionate about recruiting and is amazing at what she does so she has been a great mentor figure and really supports her employees.

Cons

Could be a little difficult at first for someone with no experience working for a fast paced recruiting agency before, but there are definitely lots of tools and training opportunities to acclimate.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire people with the same goals and mindsets as the current employees and continue to foster a great culture.

2. "Executive Recruiter"

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Recruiting is a competitive industry and it takes a while to get traction. Many variables need to work in your favor in order to be successful. It simply does not happen overnight. The team at FILD has streamlined the process and they have a vast network of clients who are looking to hire. The CEO has ample experience and contacts in the industry to assist you in ramping up. Simply stated, this place will feed you if you are willing to work hard. I am new to the team but I know how hard it is to build great relationships with hiring managers. FILD has ample positions to work on while you are getting established and learning their culture. If you work hard, it's much easier here to be successful than most other recruiting firms (where you generally need to make countless cold calls and you have a manager watching over your shoulder every minute of the day). People at FILD collaborate and work together in order to close deals. It's disappointing for me to see negative reviews at this company. Like I stated, recruiting is difficult, but FILD has removed a lot of barriers which make your chances for success much higher.

Cons

None...this is a great team of experienced people who appreciate the opportunity to work on viable job orders. The CEO has 20 years of experience and has cultivated many valuable relationships across the country. Plus, she still works a full desk and mentors and trains people along the way.

Advice to Management

keep up the great work

"Learned a lot and was miserable"

Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Manhattan Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Manhattan Beach, CA

Pros

CEO is a high level recruiter who is great at selling people on her vision. There are solid tools, techniques and methodologies in place.

Cons

The CEO is one of the worst people I have ever worked for. She's an incredible salesman - able to identify what you want to hear in an instant. The problem is her lack of ethics. She will say anything to get you to quit your job and sign up. She'll play favorites, lash out at employees, tear people down and say surprisingly vicious things. Nobody deserves the kind of abuse she puts her employees through.

FILD has a caste system similar to old India. If you're one of the CEOs chosen ones you will be rich with hand picked new clients. If you're one of her "untouchables" you'll be on your own and subject to fiery criticism for any and all mistakes.

Advice to Management

Could you work for someone you thought was a terrible person?

Mar 30, 2016 – CEO

It's truly unfortunate that you walked away with these impressions. I operate with an extremely high bar with respect to ethics. Recruiting within an agency environment is a sales role where your ... More

"Executive Recruiter"

I have been working at FILD full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I just read a former employee's review of FILD and feel compelled to defend the company. Agency recruiting is not for everyone and it requires hard work, dedication, and attention to detail. Everyone's definition of each of those words is a bit different. I've worked at other firms in the past and I've never had the flow of clients and job orders come in from referrals quite like Nancy is able to bring in. Yes, there are times when you have to emails coming through early in the morning and later in the evening, but it's because we work with clients nationwide. I've never heard the word lazy used to describe anyone, but must say that our environment is collaborative. If you don't respond to emails and texts quickly, you may be hurting your teammate's productivity.

I'd rather work on inbound jobs from clients than spend my days cold calling for new business like most recruiters. We receive a large volume of client referrals BECAUSE we're responsive. It's called good customer service.

With regard to favoritism, the one thing I can say is that clients and job orders are given to those who deliver consistently. I can't say I'd blame our CEO for doing what's in the best interest of the client and company. In sales and recruiting, companies everyone, not just FILD, will give the best accounts to those who can produce.

Cons

It's a growing company and they hired a lot of very junior people with very little experience to meet the consistent flow of new clients. Unfortunately, many of those people didn't work out, but not for lack of effort on FILD's part. If you look at the training materials they have, it's hard to understand how anyone who works hard and applies the training, versus complains all the time, could not be successful.

The turnover this year has been painful to watch and be part of but it sounds like we're going to be growing carefully moving forward based on the lessons learned from 2015.

Advice to Management

Be more careful and thoughtful about who you hire and take your time. A lot of the struggles this year came about from some of the negative individuals who just spent time complaining rather than trying to help the company achieve results. This affected our morale as a company. We have a great group of people (13, not 5) committed to building FILD and growing their careers. Don't allow anyone in who doesn't feel the same level of commitment.

"Negative environment"

Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at FILD full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The CEO does a GREAT job of selling people on the company. She is an excellent recruiter and there is a lot to learn from her.

The compensation structure is better than other recruiting firms (though not as good as others).

Cons

The CEO speaks badly to employees and managers about other employees. As a former employee, I have had the CEO badmouth numerous people to me, some of whom were my friends. Other employees have confirmed that she has done the same with them. The CEO tends to pit people against each other and make them feel as if they are the only person who is struggling.

It always starts out great, employees love FILD for the first month or so, but the micro-management and manipulation eventually take their toll. The turnover over the past 2 years is well above 100%.

The saddest thing is that almost every person who has worked here has been brought to tears at least once, if not more, in the office. This is unheard of in any other company.

When people leave or are fired, excuses are made and those people are accused of being negative or unwilling to work hard. Don't be fooled, this isn't the case.

Advice to Management

Never speak badly about employees - current or past - in front of your other employees. Like they teach you in kindergarten, if a person is talking behind someone else's back, they're probably doing the same thing to you. Employees here eventually see through the facade and make their way out.

The team you have built is incredible. Stop standing in your own way and let them flourish.

Jan 10, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for your feedback/review. You are absolutely right. Badmouthing employees is unacceptable and will not continue. There were many lessons learned from the past year and the mistakes will ... More

7. "Best Recruiting Firm out there! Integrity, intelligence, and fun!"

I have been working at FILD full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great leadership! True business development via networking and referrals. No cold calling. Great training and mentoring. Fun environment. Growing like crazy! One of the best comp structures to motivate recruiters. This place has grown so much since I started.

Cons

Can't really come up with anything. Having a blast!

Advice to Management

Don't let growth change the company culture. It's one of the reasons why people want to work here.

8. "A strong focus on technology in recruiting."

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at FILD full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fild offers a flexible schedule, the best recruiting tools on the market, very high commission structure, fun culture, casual work environment.

Cons

With any recruiting gig that is commission based -- you make your own salary! So if you don't do work, you won't make much.

9. "Challenging yet very Rewarding"

I have been working at FILD full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You control how much you make...not many jobs that you can say that about! They have worked hard to put together an extensive training program so you learn about all the technologies, recruiting process, working with clients and candidates, etc. They have a great office culture with total start up environment: stocked kitchen, quarterly dinners, wine and cheese Fridays, potlucks, unlimited PTO and much more. Management works with you on individual basis and is there to help when needed.

Cons

I would recommend setting realistic time frames for how long it will take to ramp up and start making deals. It takes a few months to go through training and get a few jobs. Once you do, then it's off to the races and the possibilities are endless.

"Shiny on the outside, dull on the inside."

I have been working at FILD full-time

Pros

If you are an entry level recruiter and you want to get into technical recruiting, I guess you can cut your teeth here. You get just enough training to learn the basics but eventually, you'll want to leave because you will realize there is a serious lack in leadership.

Cons

If you can put up with the CEO, Nancy Soni, long enough then you'll be okay. From what I've seen, not many can and there's a good reason why. The company is mainly made up of young newbies. A few have stuck around over 1 or 2 years which doesn't say a lot about the culture of the company.

From my own personal experience, Nancy is a control freak and micromanager. She has unrealistic expectations and talks about how much money her husband makes way too much that it's quite unprofessional.

Don't be fooled and look for career growth and advancement elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Greed, in the end, even fails the greedy.

Jun 1, 2016 – CEO

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback! You may want to make the change that you are currently employed here as the information you are sharing is a bit off base. We have had no turnover ... More