FILD Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Nancy Soni

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Awesome Culture, Awesome Company"

I have been working at FILD full-time

Pros

Everything you need to be successful is here. You just have to bring the desire, brains and work ethic. There really are no excuses for why a talented recruiter doesn't thrive in this environment. No micro-management, freedom to work with companies across their enterprise (as opposed to passing the opening to the team that "specializes" in DevOps or RoR) and best of all, a fun, growing, team-based approach to helping cool companies hire and cool candidates get jobs.

Cons

None. Seriously, none. If you can recruit and develop relationships there are no cons.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

"Amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Technology Intern in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Technology Intern in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at FILD part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

FILD is a company made up of an outstanding group of people led by a supportive and hard working CEO. The office space is beautiful and the working environment promotes success and collaboration. The culture is very supportive and employees are always celebrating each others' successes. Everyone is very hard working and self-motivated. The office is always very lively and has a relaxing vibe. The team consistently takes part in fun and interesting outside activities to help build the already strong relationships between the employees. The CEO puts in a tremendous amount of work to keep things running smoothly and is great at keeping everyone motivated and on track without being overbearing. Her experience in the field is very apparent through her developed leadership skills and knowledge. I enjoy coming into work everyday due to the amazing people and friendly environment at FILD.

Cons

In my time at FILD I have not noticed any cons having to do with the CEO or work environment.

Advice to Management

Keep cultivating the positive, fun, and efficient working environment.

"RUN AWAY"

Former Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in El Segundo, CA

I worked at FILD full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

decent compensation, nice office, and nice colleagues.

Cons

Churn and Burn - Chew you up and spit you out - Says they're different from CyberCoders but it's the same dog with different lipstick... They foster a culture of comp driven snakes.

Advice to Management

Give it a rest and just be upfront about your expectations and how cutthroat your company is. Don't surround yourself with yes-wo-men, only poor leaders surround themselves with underlings that don't challenge them.

Jan 26, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We’ve never hired a Recruiting Coordinator in our company history and the last time we had a remotely similar role (Recruiting Associate) was... More

"Great Team, Exciting Times and a Bright Future"

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at FILD full-time

Pros

I’ll start this review by saying the following: as we complete Q2 2016, FILD is far and away operating at our highest billing levels ever which is awesome to be a part of. As a company we are producing more, filling more jobs than we ever have, and in general, are having a ton of fun doing so. For proof, check out our individual Facebook and Instagram pages from our Q1 event last month – wine tasting in Malibu all day on a Friday; not too shabby. We have a successful team of 12 full desk recruiters with an average of about $80,000 per recruiter in quarterly billing and continuing to grow that number. I imagine that any established sales person in this industry would agree that this is a very very healthy number for a recruiting agency to operate at.

We have a fantastic team who are all having fun, making money, building positive company and individual brands, and are all aiming to achieve similar goals of success.

We have come a long was as a company in our short 3.5 years history. With that, we’ve had some ups and downs along the way, as most, if not all companies do. We just happen to be fairly small, have an open and very transparent environment, so people can see the good and the bad.

Cons

We’ve had former employees write some pretty nasty reviews which is certainly tough to see. Yes we’ve had down some down quarters, yes we’ve had turnover with some people quitting or us unfortunately needing to let people go. Yes, FILD has been bootstrapped to get the business off the ground, and yes, it’s not always fun and games filled with ping pong tables, afternoons sitting out in the sun, and time off whenever anyone wants. I will agree to all of those things. It is also called work for a reason.

If you’re looking for unlimited vacation whenever you want (we offer it, just maybe not in your first 3 months of employment), if you’re looking to work 9-5, if you’re looking to play ping pong two hours a day and just looking to float by, then no, FILD is not the place to be. But, recruiting and sales in general, probably isn’t the place to be. If someone thinks they have been micromanaged in this environment, I recommend them trying to keep up with day to day metrics most other agencies operate by. That’s not who we are and not who we strive to be.

We do need to be quick on our feet to deliver, we do need to meet hard delivery deadlines, we do need to be exceptional client managers, we need to have the ability to change things on the fly and sometimes even need to put some elbow grease into our day to day work to deliver for our clients.

Advice to Management

Advice to anyone reading this.

If you’re looking to be on the ground floor in building a recruiting business, you want to join FILD. If you want to work closely with a CEO who has a fantastic reputation in the Tech and Recruiting community, this is the place to be. If you want to work closely with a CEO who is fantastic at what she does, and will pour her blood, sweat, and tears into making this business successful, you will want to join FILD. If you want the opportunity to work with an amazing client base that has essentially been vetted and established for you, you want to be here. If you want to work with an established, tenured and fantastic team, you will want to join FILD. If you want to work with cutting edge recruiting technologies and platforms, this is where you need to be. And If you want the opportunity to make a lot of money off of a very strong commission plan, hefty quarterly bonuses, and a new 401k plan, FILD is for you.

On top of that, we're pet friendly with 2-3 dogs running around the office at any given time. We have a stocked beer fridge, wine fridge and liquor cabinet. Free snacks, lunches, breakfasts on occasion, happy hour, and promotion dinners (been to four of these so far this year - Cassia, Spago, Bestia, Scopa). Last but not least, to celebrate our biggest quarter to date; we are paying out more bonuses than ever before and as an added incentive are even multiplying those said bonuses. We’re also renting a boat in Newport to enjoy an afternoon on the water to celebrate as well. I’ll take that.

We are hiring. We are growing. But, this time around, we’re doing it more carefully and thoughtfully. We are looking for strong, established recruiters who want to take their experience and skills to the next level.

We’re moving into a beautiful brand new office space shortly. We are surpassing revenue goals and targets. We have an awesome cohesive team and are building something really cool and fun to be a part of. You will work hard, but that’s true for any role within the recruiting agency realm. If you’re interested in working with a great group of people who value what they do, come join us!

Aug 8, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for taking the time to write such an in-depth review! We are absolutely a different environment than we were a year ago and that is due to the great team that we have now. We've made a... More

"A Great Agency To Work For"

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at FILD full-time

Pros

Great culture currently- everyone is very supportive of one another and there is a sense of comradery. It is competitive, but not at all in a cut throat way. The CEO is extremely passionate about recruiting and is amazing at what she does so she has been a great mentor figure and really supports her employees.

Cons

Could be a little difficult at first for someone with no experience working for a fast paced recruiting agency before, but there are definitely lots of tools and training opportunities to acclimate.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire people with the same goals and mindsets as the current employees and continue to foster a great culture.

"Shiny on the outside, dull on the inside."

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter
    Current Employee - Executive Recruiter

I have been working at FILD full-time

Pros

If you are an entry level recruiter and you want to get into technical recruiting, I guess you can cut your teeth here. You get just enough training to learn the basics but eventually, you'll want to leave because you will realize there is a serious lack in leadership.

Cons

If you can put up with the CEO, Nancy Soni, long enough then you'll be okay. From what I've seen, not many can and there's a good reason why. The company is mainly made up of young newbies. A few have stuck around over 1 or 2 years which doesn't say a lot about the culture of the company.

From my own personal experience, Nancy is a control freak and micromanager. She has unrealistic expectations and talks about how much money her husband makes way too much that it's quite unprofessional.

Don't be fooled and look for career growth and advancement elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Greed, in the end, even fails the greedy.

Jun 1, 2016 – CEO

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback! You may want to make the change that you are currently employed here as the information you are sharing is a bit off base. We have had no turnover... More

7. "Executive Recruiter"

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Recruiting is a competitive industry and it takes a while to get traction. Many variables need to work in your favor in order to be successful. It simply does not happen overnight. The team at FILD has streamlined the process and they have a vast network of clients who are looking to hire. The CEO has ample experience and contacts in the industry to assist you in ramping up. Simply stated, this place will feed you if you are willing to work hard. I am new to the team but I know how hard it is to build great relationships with hiring managers. FILD has ample positions to work on while you are getting established and learning their culture. If you work hard, it's much easier here to be successful than most other recruiting firms (where you generally need to make countless cold calls and you have a manager watching over your shoulder every minute of the day). People at FILD collaborate and work together in order to close deals. It's disappointing for me to see negative reviews at this company. Like I stated, recruiting is difficult, but FILD has removed a lot of barriers which make your chances for success much higher.

Cons

None...this is a great team of experienced people who appreciate the opportunity to work on viable job orders. The CEO has 20 years of experience and has cultivated many valuable relationships across the country. Plus, she still works a full desk and mentors and trains people along the way.

Advice to Management

keep up the great work

8. "Changing for the better"

I have been working at FILD full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been at FILD for over a year and truly love it. I would advise anyone reading these reviews to take them with a grain of salt because every person has different experiences. I personally feel that my experience here has been great. I have been able to grow in ways that I was not able to in previous companies and I have learned so much. Aside from my personal growth, FILD has started to develop a really fun start up culture. We do trips to SoulCycle, impromptu happy hours in and out of the office, and really fun Quarterly Dinners or trips. Everyone on the team is super hard working but we definitely make time to have fun as well. The CEO really puts her all into the company which to some people in other reviews can come off as too aggressive or demanding, but I personally just see as passion for what she does and the company she is building.

Cons

There was quite a bit of turnover the past year that can definitely be a little bit scary when you have not been here that long. But the turnover really just seemed to be a part of growing pains that most start ups go through, and I think that FILD has hit their stride with hiring the right person and keeping them.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire the right people that have the same vision and are passionate.

Mar 25, 2016 – CEO

Thanks for the review! Yes, last year was tumultuous and we learned a lot. One of the most positive things that came from last year was the tight knit team we have now. We're going to slow down... More

"Learned a lot and was miserable"

Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Manhattan Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Manhattan Beach, CA

Pros

CEO is a high level recruiter who is great at selling people on her vision. There are solid tools, techniques and methodologies in place.

Cons

The CEO is one of the worst people I have ever worked for. She's an incredible salesman - able to identify what you want to hear in an instant. The problem is her lack of ethics. She will say anything to get you to quit your job and sign up. She'll play favorites, lash out at employees, tear people down and say surprisingly vicious things. Nobody deserves the kind of abuse she puts her employees through.

FILD has a caste system similar to old India. If you're one of the CEOs chosen ones you will be rich with hand picked new clients. If you're one of her "untouchables" you'll be on your own and subject to fiery criticism for any and all mistakes.

Advice to Management

Could you work for someone you thought was a terrible person?

Mar 30, 2016 – CEO

It's truly unfortunate that you walked away with these impressions. I operate with an extremely high bar with respect to ethics. Recruiting within an agency environment is a sales role where your... More

"Executive Recruiter"

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at FILD full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I just read a former employee's review of FILD and feel compelled to defend the company. Agency recruiting is not for everyone and it requires hard work, dedication, and attention to detail. Everyone's definition of each of those words is a bit different. I've worked at other firms in the past and I've never had the flow of clients and job orders come in from referrals quite like Nancy is able to bring in. Yes, there are times when you have to emails coming through early in the morning and later in the evening, but it's because we work with clients nationwide. I've never heard the word lazy used to describe anyone, but must say that our environment is collaborative. If you don't respond to emails and texts quickly, you may be hurting your teammate's productivity.

I'd rather work on inbound jobs from clients than spend my days cold calling for new business like most recruiters. We receive a large volume of client referrals BECAUSE we're responsive. It's called good customer service.

With regard to favoritism, the one thing I can say is that clients and job orders are given to those who deliver consistently. I can't say I'd blame our CEO for doing what's in the best interest of the client and company. In sales and recruiting, companies everyone, not just FILD, will give the best accounts to those who can produce.

Cons

It's a growing company and they hired a lot of very junior people with very little experience to meet the consistent flow of new clients. Unfortunately, many of those people didn't work out, but not for lack of effort on FILD's part. If you look at the training materials they have, it's hard to understand how anyone who works hard and applies the training, versus complains all the time, could not be successful.

The turnover this year has been painful to watch and be part of but it sounds like we're going to be growing carefully moving forward based on the lessons learned from 2015.

Advice to Management

Be more careful and thoughtful about who you hire and take your time. A lot of the struggles this year came about from some of the negative individuals who just spent time complaining rather than trying to help the company achieve results. This affected our morale as a company. We have a great group of people (13, not 5) committed to building FILD and growing their careers. Don't allow anyone in who doesn't feel the same level of commitment.