Cover image for FINRA

Found 715 of over 912 reviews

4.1
FINRA President and Chief Executive Officer Robert W. Cook
Robert W. Cook

What people are saying about FINRA

Join the conversation on

Jobs in Finance

25d

an

Onboarding Specialist

I accepted an offer from Morgan Stanley in mid-October. Currently in the background check process for them but 3 years ago I was arrested for something that was dismissed by a judge & not reportable to FINRA. Obviously when they ran my background check this came up and I was questioned by MS HR. I provided them everything they asked for a week ago but I have still not heard anything about a start date or if they'll rescind the offer. Has anyone experienced this? Seems like their process is taking longer.

12 Comments

Finance

111.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=FINRA~108071
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great Benefits and Worklife Balance(in 114 reviews)
  • "Work life balance is great(in 92 reviews)
  • "All the people were great to work with and I enjoyed spending time with my teams.(in 71 reviews)
  • "Good pay and got to experience all practices within the office(in 36 reviews)
  • "FINRA has great benefits and a decent salary that along with a good work/life balance make it hard to leave.(in 22 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of FINRA and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years
    Featured Review

Great work-life balance

Nov 1, 2022 - Engineer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love working here. Competitive salary, great benefits, awesome work life balance. th

Cons

Promotions are difficult to come by.

Continue reading
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Ethical company that cares

Dec 1, 2022 - Sr. Principal Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

FINRA walks the walk. Integrity is at the core of the company values and the leadership really reflects those values. Great employee benefits, like health and retirement plans, but also volunteer time off, training, employee recognition, interesting work, great colleagues, opportunities for internal transfer/promotion and flexible work locations. As an employee, I truly feel valued and appreciated. They also take diversity and inclusion seriously - not just lip service. Great leadership leads by example

Cons

Salary is not really competitive with other opportunities in the Financial Industry. Personally, the work-life balance and my holistic quality of life more than makes up for it.

3. Join the FINRA team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great Place to Work

Nov 29, 2022 - Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work/life balance. Management is great.

Cons

Pay is middling, some micromanagement

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great Job!

Nov 18, 2022 - Risk Monitoring Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ability to work mainly from home with great salary and benefits

Cons

Some people don't do well working from home and it shows

6. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good Intentions, Implementation Needs Work

Nov 29, 2022 - HR Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice flexibility perks, benefits, diversity initiatives and employee organization resources.

Cons

Good thoughts, words and plans expressed, but more action behind valuing existing employees needs to be demonstrated, particularly for women with less than 10 yrs tenure.

7. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great Managers and Co-Workers in Trading Analysis Group!

Nov 15, 2022 - Senior Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Understanding and supportive management; great PTO; nice 401(k) and additional retirement benefits; solid work-life balance

Cons

Some work can be repetitve

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Nov 10, 2022 - Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent work life balance. Good management. Good culture with tight knit people who want you to succeed

Cons

Compensation is less than at firms

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Solid

Nov 18, 2022 - Examiner in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance is good

Cons

Not a lot of room to grow

10. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great introduction to securities regulation

Nov 16, 2022 - Examiner in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to learn the basics of securities markets regulation, good work-life balance

Cons

Work can be redundant and not very impactful

11. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Overall great

Nov 3, 2022 - Technology Leader
    Business Outlook

Pros

- FINRA is a mid-sized organization with tons of need for technology innovation. Compared to other behemoths, it is fast paced, and if you are in the right group, you will learn and accomplish a lot. - Overall, the company culture and the middle management layer is OK. I worked in multiple technology teams, and while they had their problems, a toxic work culture wasn't one of them. - FINRA offers fully remote work. Ever since the pandemic began, very few people have ever been in the office. - The technology team has great controls and processes in place. Once you learn how to navigate the system, it is easy, predictable, and mitigates a ton of risks. - Overall, FINRA has top notch talent (although as of late, it is plagued tremendously with high attrition).

Cons

- The pay is barely OK these days. It used to be very competitive 5 years ago, but ever since the pandemic began, tech salaries have exploded and FINRA hasn't kept up. In my particular example, I made a lateral move to another employer in the DMV area and increased my total compensation easily by 40%. - The senior and executive technology leadership leaves much to be desired. A lot of the top notch engineering talent is leaving in droves because of the unbearable politics, constant reorg and pointless infighting among the top ranks. Having said this, unless you are close to that level, it's not going to affect you much. - The biggest and a more fundamental con with FINRA is that for the mandate they are trying to fulfill, they are seriously understaffed. In a way, FINRA sits at the epicenter of the entire US financial markets data and is tasked with protecting the market integrity. However, the manpower required to build and maintain those big data and ML systems is very lacking. Unfortunately, FINRA is a non-profit org and purely operates off of SEC mandates, so unless the SEC and the US Congress expand FINRA's budget, they will not keep up with the changing times. I view their long term outlook as suspect. FINRA was (and probably is) good at big data processing, but it is light years behind in ML, data science and doesn't understand emerging trends in digital currency and Blockchain.

3 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 715 Reviews
</>Embed

FINRA Reviews FAQs

FINRA has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 912 reviews left anonymously by employees. 88% of employees would recommend working at FINRA to a friend and 80% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, FINRA employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at FINRA. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

88% of FINRA employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated FINRA 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at FINRA to be compensation, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be diversity and inclusion, senior leadership, career development.

Popular Careers with FINRA Job Seekers