FIS Reviews in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Typical corporate environment"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Norcross, GA

I have been working at FIS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Industry standard benefits in a stable company. Great work/life balance (depending on manager and department. Ability to work from home.

Cons

Meager to non-existant merit increases. Overly corporate culture with a policy for everything. Aging workforce with lack of direction hiring younger new hires. Growth through acquisition instead of innovation.

Advice to Management

You need to replace the workforce that is aging out and will be leaving the company after retirement. Start looking now and think outside the box whe. attracting talent. Try inventing instead of buying every now and then.

2. "Account Manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at FIS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Sense of community, great employees

Cons

Low level of communication between management and employees.

Advice to Management

Engage more with employees

3. "Nice company to work with"

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Programmer Analyst Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at FIS full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible work schedule, Stable company with world leading products.

Cons

Lack of latest cutting edge technologies, small salary raises and no bonuses.

Advice to Management

Need to improve compensation package

"Project Manager"

Former Employee - Senior Technical Project Manager in Snellville, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Project Manager in Snellville, GA

I worked at FIS (More than 5 years)

Pros

Certain managers flexible with work schedule

Cons

Salary and benefits lacking
    No bonus opportunity
    Do not staff as needed
    Do not invest in employees

"Endless hours of Chaos and disconnected management"

Current Employee - CONVERSION ANALYSIS II in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - CONVERSION ANALYSIS II in Norcross, GA

I have been working at FIS (More than 10 years)

Pros

Co-workers were always great, the benefits are pretty good too.

Cons

Constant turnover, endless chaos, family tree constant changes, disconnected management that always looks for the bad and someone to point the finger at.

Advice to Management

Just pay attention and listen with an open mind. Try to encourage the employees and lift the morale. If the turnover is at an all time high, maybe you should consider the happiness of your employees. Please try to retain your tenured employees. You guys are allowing so much knowledge to walk out the door.

"Good to get initial financial services experience then move on"

Former Employee - Senior Investment Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Investment Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I worked at FIS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- With such a variety of roles, it can be a great spot to get initial experience in the financial services industry. They also are good about giving you a chance to move to other departments so you can find the business line that is the best fit for you.
    - Decent match on the 401k plan and good fund choices. A stock purchase plan was also available. They also added more vacation time to help with morale (unfortunately, in my experience, people frequently were unable to use all of their days off due to heavy workloads and difficulty getting others to fill in for anyone out of the office).
    - Once my company was acquired by FIS, we moved to casual attire for the week and jeans on Fridays. Before that, all the men wore ties and the attire was more formal.

Cons

- Compensation is below market value. FIS has a rigid conformity to job bands that limit your salary levels and potential annual increases. My group had a number of people outperforming their roles that hadn't had a meaningful salary increase in a couple of years. My manager wanted to bump pay to correct for these people but kept getting stonewalled by the FIS accounting dept.
    - My company was acquired by FIS. People initially stuck around to work through the transition with hope that we would have more resources as part of a larger company. The benefits improved but many were disappointed with how stingy FIS was about increasing staffing in critical areas. People who remained had to cover for those that left with little training while still doing their full time work. The result was a wave of burnout and lots of employee turnover, which led to rising bad morale bordering on cynicism among those that remained. I experienced this burnout too, having to correct issues in other groups because they couldn't handle their work loads and were letting things slip that negatively impacted clients. I got worn out by consistently needing to do work that other groups should have been doing (in addition to my own work) without any kind of recognition. Since I left, I heard that a number of the senior managers have left.
    - After we were acquired by FIS, there were a number of integration issues. We had to adapt a lot of the parent company technology without enough time to train on it or customize it to support our existing clients. Also, we didn't get a great sense of how we fit into the bigger corporate strategy, so it was hard to identify with the parent company.
    - After we were acquired, our internal IT support staff was gradually wound down and we had to adapt FIS's IT support structure. Despite trying to get good information from the intranet site, the procedure became very confusing. Different numbers and IT teams for different requests. Onboarding new hires was extremely frustrating because you had to wait for a computer to be shipped from a central location after all kinds of protected software was installed. As a result, new employees would sometimes not have a computer to work on for a week after starting. For a technology company, I found the lack of consistent IT support to be astounding.
    - FIS is a large company so I know they need to have cost controls in place, but we had major issues trying to increase headcount. We were already understaffed heading into our acquisition (management wanted to stay lean to be a more appealing target). We couldn't even cover the rate of attrition fast enough and certainly couldn't get approval to restore critical groups so they could provide a high level of service. As a result, service levels suffered and significant clients have left over the past year. FIS set aggressive client growth targets but it's hard to hit those targets when your staff can't keep up with the current number of clients.

Advice to Management

- When integrating companies after acquisitions, engage more with the employees themselves and don't take management's word for it that things are going smoothly. My company was acquired by FIS but left to operate fairly independently. Our managers were telling FIS executives what they wanted to hear so FIS was caught off-guard by the massive employee turnover and number of client defections.
    - FIS is a large company and some offices can feel detached from the whole. Emphasize how each part of the company contributes to the larger strategy and create a stronger unified identity throughout the firm.
    - New employees at subsidiaries run the risk of having to sink or swim without sufficient support. Adding more training, including some basic introductory training for those new to the industry, would help the subsidiaries internalize the FIS way of doing things.

7. "Score"

Current Employee - Georgia in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Georgia in Norcross, GA

I have been working at FIS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Learned a lot at FIS

Cons

They are a very unorganized company

8. "Complinace Analyst II"

Former Contractor - Mark Shaw & Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Former Contractor - Mark Shaw & Associate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at FIS as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly and Professional atmosphere , Great place to work.

Cons

How no complaint about this company

Advice to Management

None

9. "FIS"

Former Contractor - Program Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Contractor - Program Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at FIS as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

Smart people, able to work from home, fair support from management

Cons

Tough clients, little to no onboarding (drop and go mentality), employees have not received raises in years

Advice to Management

Onboarding is a good practice! Be open to hiring contractors.

"Join FIS with confidence"

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Norcross, GA

I have been working at FIS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very good and stable company, I am working with this company since last 1 year. I am really enjoying working there. Company offering more than average salary, usually doesn't negotiate with the salary what you are asking. Very good benefits and perks that makes your and your family's life very easy. Very nice flexible work schedule as long as you will get your work done on time without failure. Co-workers are always ready to help you whenever you need them. I can see very long term growth here.

Cons

I don't see any cons yet here.

Showing 30 of 1,862 reviews