FIS Reviews in Malvern, PA | Glassdoor

FIS CEO Gary Norcross
Gary Norcross

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Overall, the company can hinder work/life balance (in 59 reviews)

• Absolutely no work/life balance - they'd have you work 24hrs a day if possible (in 19 reviews)

1. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

I worked at FIS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work-life balance, work from home as needed, incredibly talented co-workers, alot of technical tools available, salary is above industry average at time of hire, stock plan is decent.

Cons

Difficult to advance without relocating to Jacksonville FL or Little Rock AR, health benefits are rather poor, expensive and since you're under BCBS Florida coverage, many local doctors don't accept it. Performance evaluation method is poor. Middle management is restricted to the % of employees they can put into each performance tier. Don't see the logic in this. Raises are standard and don't keep up with inflation

Advice to Management

Invest in regionalized health plans. I have a healthy family and regularly spent over $10k/year on medical bills. Focus on younger,tech oriented talent, not just banking experience. The industry is changing faster than ever.

FIS Response

Oct 13, 2016 – HR

We are pleased to hear that you are enjoying meaningful collaborations with your colleagues as well as some of the many benefits that FIS has to offer.

Last year we introduced a new, more... More

2. "Technical Analyst Intern"

Former Employee - Technical Analyst Intern in Malvern, PA
    Former Employee - Technical Analyst Intern in Malvern, PA

I worked at FIS (More than a year)

Pros

some what flexible work hours, interns are hourly and you only need to be there before your meetings in the morning, other wise you just need to make sure your work is done before the end of the day.
    Co-workers were all very friendly and helpful, very warm envrionment

Cons

corporate bureaucracy can create over head when dealing with simple requests, but it did not affect interns really, however it was noticeable for other full-time employees

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

"Programmer/Analyst"

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Malvern, PA
    Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Malvern, PA

I worked at FIS (More than 5 years)

Pros

I loved my co-workers and I had an easy commute.

Cons

Management doesn't care about quality of the product. They hire contractors that have never worked on the product because they are cheap.

Advice to Management

None. It will never change, you are too big.

"Business Systems Analyst II"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Pros

There were no pros at all.

Cons

Assigned a manager with no management skills. He was rude, obnoxious and sexist. Totally set employees up for failure.

Advice to Management

Hire and train managers correctly. Create a plan for new employees. Stick to Equal Opportunity Employment!

FIS Response

Jun 24, 2016 – HR

While we are sorry to hear about your experiences, we thank you for your contributions to the organization as well as your feedback.

We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive environment for... More

5. "Software Engineering Intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Malvern, PA
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Malvern, PA

I worked at FIS as an intern

Pros

It was a good work environment. Many of the employees there were willing to help out with any technical problems you were having. Manager offered you a choice of projects you wanted to work on during your time.

Cons

Downloading any program/software needed to complete a project could be a real hassle since you need to order it their website and approval for them could take up to days.

6. "Great People"

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst/Senior QA Analyst in Malvern, PA
    Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst/Senior QA Analyst in Malvern, PA

I worked at FIS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Worked remotely with a great team of people with a lot of knowledge and skill.

Cons

Management is very indecisive and seems to view people as numbers.

"FIS Review"

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Malvern, PA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Malvern, PA

I worked at FIS full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Decent benefits. The upper management as well as direct management is widely accepted by the employees and you rarely hear of issues.

Cons

When you are working from home, communication can sometimes be difficult.

8. "Good work environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

I have been working at FIS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good management that is willing to teach, and flexible working hours are good for home work balance. Senior management is trying to be more involved. Not as fast a work pace as other technology firms. Overall good experience.

Cons

Lower pay than other similar shops, benefits aren't that great. Becoming more of a corporate culture rather than small shop over the past few years.

"FIS offers a frustrating lack of vision, goals and team cohesion, and management that has no drive to succeed."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

I worked at FIS full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Career stability. Most FIS employees have held their positions for many years.

Cons

FIS is highly bureaucratic, mired in policies, with insular divisions and dysfunctional teams run by entrenched do-nothing managers. Hiring and promotions are based on cronyism and do not reflect experience, performance, or qualifications. Performance is not rewarded and failure is not punished.

Advice to Management

Rearranging the org-chart is not a substitute for vision. Purge the lackluster managers, hire more qualified people, build a vision, lead them to achieve it, and reward them for success.

"In a downward spiral"

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst I in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Programmer Analyst I in Malvern, PA

I have been working at FIS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a good starter platform for people fresh out of college. A few departments are flexible.

Cons

The work environment at FIS has been in a nose dive over the last year or two. We've been turning record profits, yet executive-level management has been beating employees down and treating us terribly. Many programmers have started leaving the company for fair pay, often getting offers 20K greater than what they make at FIS. Not to mention the amount of security placed on our outdated machines slows the actual work to a crawl.

Advice to Management

Stop treating employees like trash. Compensate competitively. We're turning huge profits for you, it's time you let us see some of the fruit of our labors.

Showing 14 of 1,822 reviews