FL Roberts Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Favorite job"

Former Employee - Corporate in Springfield, MA
    Former Employee - Corporate in Springfield, MA

I worked at FL Roberts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team! Sad it had to come to an end. I hear new owners are pretty decent to employees though.

Cons

I don't have anything bad to say about this company.

2. "employment review"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

I worked at FL Roberts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work. Enjoyed the challenges.

Cons

Office location needs some updating. Location, not the best.

3. "Not the best"

Former Employee - Manager in Springfield, MA
    Former Employee - Manager in Springfield, MA

I worked at FL Roberts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Double points
    Free car wash

Cons

Long hours
    Low Pay
    High Staff Turnover

Advice to Management

Pay better

4. "It was OK..."

Pros

Small, by yourself, lots to do, easy cashier/stock work.

Cons

No breaks, told employees a week before they were laid off.

5. "cashier"

Former Employee - Cashier in Agawam, MA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Agawam, MA

I worked at FL Roberts (Less than a year)

Pros

good customers come into the store

Cons

the pay is not good

6. "Great Place !"

I worked at FL Roberts full-time

Pros

The pros of working here would have to be the decent pay, given you're young enough, get bonus' each month is applicable.

Cons

The cons of working here id say would be having to work in the cold and around water all the time.

7. "Really Mismanaged"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

Pros

Double points ,discounts on services, some nice ,good people.

Cons

They are willing to tell you whatever you want to hear. Management is poor with communication to say the least. They will jerk you around, have different standards for different people and misrepresente the job they hire you for.You will never get a straight forward answer and truths change by the moment.

Advice to Management

You need a better training program preferably one that can be measured.You need to honer what you say and not leed people on or jerk them around.You really need to keep a better open dialogue with your employees and not solley reliy on the word of store management.You may want to set some regional standards and make sure all are aware not just make them up as you go.

8. "Great opportunity"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Western Landing, ME
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Western Landing, ME

I have been working at FL Roberts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As long as you're upbeat, extroverted, result driven, and have initiative. You can go far at F.L. Roberts. Recognition is always given wherever/whenever it is deserved.

Cons

Long work weeks for managers. Be willing to have to work at least 50+ hours a week. If you decide to cost out your salary, it turns out to be just over $12/hr. You get justified what your payed because you have to work 10hrs of overtime at least.

9. "Worst company to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

Pros

I'm not sure what to say here. This company does not have a lot of pros.

Cons

1) do not care about the employees. 2) work hard and does not pay off. 3) managers are greedy and only care for what makes them look good. 4) corporate does not care what you have to say. 5) NO breaks. Who cares if you work 10-12 hour days not even 5 minutes is ok. 6) who takes the money in? Who gets regular customers to come back? Oh that's right! The cashiers so corporate needs to stop thinking they are better then everyone and have some respect. 7) Sunday's not time and a half because corporate looks at you like a number and you are easily replaceable. 8)once and a while you need to go on the computer and take a survey to say how the company works for you. Yea about that. They don't care! So many people brought up the same points they didn't even consider anything. 9) you sick? Oh well. Fever? Come in anyways unless you are a favorite then exceptions are made. Never late? Now running 10 minutes late one time and you called? Oh expect your phone to be blowing up. 10) open door policy to talk to someone in corporate everything confidential yeah right. They tell your manager everything you said and nothing changes.

Advice to Management

Look at the bigger picture. Have some respect. You have some employees that have been there for over two years like me and get nowhere but when the company needs us we jump to help. Look at your policies and try to correct them. Kudos for great lawyers you have because their would be so much law suits

"Low pay for a lot of hard work. Is it worth it?"

Current Employee - Manager in Springfield, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Springfield, MA

I have been working at FL Roberts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Double points. Free car washes to full time staff. Paid vacation days . That's about it. They haven't a lot going for them.

Cons

Very low pay. If you want to make a living wage I would suggest going elsewhere. At this point they aren't even competitive with other gas station in the area when it comes to salaries. Overall it wouldn't be a bad job if they paid their staff what they are worth.
    It's also a lot of hours. They require their managers to work 50+ hrs a week, which is completely unnecessary. If you know what you are doing you only need 35-40 hrs to do your job.
    As a manager you are also required to work Saturday, so you only get one day off a week and really to your 50+ hours you can get burnt out rather quickly.

Advice to Management

Pay your managers. You started with your cashiers and that is great but come January if you don't increase your managers pay you are going to see a lot of them leave the company.
    Set reachable bonus goals. The bonus program is set up for failure. It is a joke now with your staff as we all know none of us are ever getting a bonus.
    If you don't want to pay your managers what they are worth then lower their hours. I wouldn't be so upset about my pay if I didn't have to be at work all the time!
    Let your managers have a life. It isn't all about FL Roberts 24/7. We all have lives outside of our stores yet they way you expect us to work makes it very hard to balance work and family.