FLEETCOR Reviews

Updated Jan 25, 2021

3.8
FLEETCOR Chairman and CEO Ron Clarke (no image)
Ron Clarke
Pros
Cons
  • "Sales reps must work with customer service reps to get certain things done for a customer(in 16 reviews)

• "The disconnect between executives and upper management(in 14 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. Featured Review

"Excellent Place to Work"

Current Employee - Client Service Representative in Wichita, KS

I have been working at FLEETCOR full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fleetcor goes out of their way to achieve a positive employee workplace. One of the few places I have work for in the last 25 years when the business management team truly displays a high regard for employees. A company that is very open to communication and transparency. This company values people, humility and integrity. Many companies say they do, yet don't. That is all I have endured!

Cons

I have nothing to add as a con to working for this company!

FLEETCOR Response

June 19, 2020

Thank you for the great feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to provide a review and are committed to providing all the FLEETCOR employees a great employee experience!

2. "Forward Thinking Company"

Current Employee - Vice President Enterprise Sales in Houston, TX

I have been working at FLEETCOR full-time

Pros

Strong company that is focused on growth

Cons

separate brands cause different processes for go to market

FLEETCOR Response

January 25, 2021

Thank you for the review!

3. "Good opportunity to learn but need leadership stability"

4.0
    Former Employee - Vice President in Brentwood, TN

I worked at FLEETCOR full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Had the great opportunity to work with amazing people

Cons

Leadership changes hurt the focus of the organization

4. "It was a good job at the time"

Former Employee - Finance in Atlanta, GA

I worked at FLEETCOR full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great co workers and gym

Cons

None to share at this time

5. "Comfortable employment"

Former Employee - Marketing

I worked at FLEETCOR full-time

Pros

Lots of products to support

Cons

Little opportunity to grow in the company. Male dominated

6. "Good to work here"

4.0
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at FLEETCOR full-time

Pros

Good office and good colleagues

Cons

No it is good to work here

7. "If anything, it was a great learning experience"

1.0
    Former Employee - Business Human Resources Analyst

I worked at FLEETCOR full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Diversity and inclusion is a topic the company is working to address

Cons

- Department goals and objectives are not defined and there is a lot of ambiguity with how things are managed on a project level - Relationship between IT and HR is challenging - Job training after onboarding is not tailored for employee success - Turnover rate is high and knowledge transfer for a new employee is compromised because terminated employees leave with knowledge and experience, new employees are expected to "sink or swim" - Leaders in management do not have people skills - IT Leadership wants to implement agile methods for HR products, but HR managers are resistant to change - Program priorities are not clear, and product management becomes reactive, instead of proactive - Leadership does not communicate effectively with teams

8. COVID-19

"Honest Corporate Review - Lacks Structure, Support and Culture"

2.0
    Former Employee - Analyst in Peachtree Corners, GA

I worked at FLEETCOR full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked here in corporate but ultimately left. I enjoyed the work I did, but there were a lot of reasons for me leaving. More on that in the cons. Here are the pros of working here in corporate: - Mostly nice people that you'll work with. Sales is a toxic and stressful environment to work in, but most other places have decent teams and people. - Good PTO policy. Depending on the team, it can be even more lenient. Really depends on if you're trusted, who your manager is, and if you get your work done - Big public company, but has a small company feel - Dental and health plans are solid - Good opportunities for working with cool applications and technologies (ex: SQL, tableau, etc…) - Some flexibility (really depends on your manager and team). My team had no WFH options before covid unless you had to take care of something that day - Overall an okay place to start your career if you have a certain type of personality

Cons

For me, the cons outweigh the pros. I left because this place is lacking in a lot of areas that other large companies have figured out. Most of the bad reviews on here are from sales. But this is coming from a corporate employee who has been here a while. I'm also pretty convinced HR wrote many of the reviews on here so be wary. Here is my list of cons: - They've slowly broken up corporate into 3 buildings that are all far from each other. People now have to commute into Buckhead and vice versa for meetings and then drive back out. - To make matters worse, they've been cramming teams of analyst and corporate employees into the tiny, old 1-story call center in Norcross. It's terrible for productivity and the facility is awful. Nobody can get work done and its a really toxic environment. - Location - it’s all the way out in Peachtree Corners/Norcross. As a 20-something, I don't want to live out there. Also do not want to commute about an hour each way. They opened a new office in Buckhead, but my team had to stay out in Norcross - 401K match is 1%. HR tries to hide this. It's extremely pathetic. Also, no chances for equity or stock options even though its a large and successful public company (the stock price is huge) - Culture is lacking. I would not recommend working here especially if you are young. My first team was awful and was poorly managed. There was no team culture and the turnover rate was extremely high. Many people came and went while I was there. - No opportunities for raises or bonuses. No opportunities for moving up or promotions as there is no structure and organization. You get tossed into the fire when you start and you stay there. Only the workaholics who work 60 hour weeks for a few years end up getting promoted. Only workaholics really make it at this company. - Pay is much below market rate, but trade off is experience you gain here is better than most places. You make the big money if you actually move up - Extremely high turnover rate - Execs are old and many have been at the company a long time. They are totally out of touch with the average employee. - Constant re-structuring and moving teams around. This combined with the understaffing leads to poor structure and a blurring of lines in responsibilities and roles. You may have multiple managers you are reporting to or have many different people thinking they own you. - Company seems unethical. There are multiple lawsuits against this company now. The higher ups and execs seem to lack a moral compass. - The CEO, Ron Clarke, is the most overpaid CEO of any public company. Fleetcor is also one of, if not the most disproportionate companies in terms of pay between lowest-level and highest-level employees. You can look it up.

Continue reading
  9. "MINIMAL TRAINING NO SUPERVISOR SUPPORT"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at FLEETCOR full-time for more than a year

Pros

your schedule was carved in stone so you always knew when your days off were

Cons

Little to no training and no supervisor support

"Could be better"

Former Employee - Fraud Analyst I

I worked at FLEETCOR full-time

Pros

No metrics, laid-back, no strict schedule, ok team mates

Cons

Wish they didn't micromanage time. Lack of growth opportunities

Viewing 1 - 10 of 413 English Reviews