FLSV Reviews | Glassdoor

1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at FLSV (More than 3 years)

Pros

FLSV fits into a niche all its own as a Private Equity specific administrator, making the company unique and bringing an interesting array of clients and work. FLSV has a fantastic team environment, full of hardworking professionals who are both knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with. There is room for advancement in this rapidly growing company, and hours/compensation are also top notch.

Cons

There are no downsides that come to mind.

"Worth the experience"

Former Employee - Senior Accountant in Garden City, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Accountant in Garden City, NY

I worked at FLSV full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great exposure to the financial sector without the need to commute into the city everyday (except for client meetings).

If you are serious and produce high quality work the Partners look out for you.

Cons

Heavy on tax services. Office is old and gloomy.

Advice to Management

Some members of management are there simply due to seniority. The staff found it hard to relate to them. This created a separation with a lot of negativity. This negativity was distracting.

3. "Associate"

Pros

PTO policy is good. Good balance between work and life. People are nice

Cons

everything is good, maybe more happy hour

"FLSV-FAS"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at FLSV (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great work-life balance, nice office culture, work efforts get recognized quickly.

Cons

sometimes heating problem of the building.

Advice to Management

Maybe consider 401K match?

"Associate"

Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at FLSV full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, challenging work, fair compensation

Cons

Lacking structured company wide training

FLSV Response

Jul 24, 2016 – Business Analyst

Thank you for the feedback. We are in the process of creating a company-wide training program.

"FLSV FAS"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

I've worked for FLSV FAS for a little over 3 years and it's been a great experience. The firms environment is friendly and inclusive. The work is challenging, but my colleagues have been helpful and understanding.

Cons

The teams train new employees, but I'd like the firm to offer more in depth training sessions. An officer put together a great presentation explaining the in's and out's of PE and I'd love to see more presentations.

Advice to Management

Provide formal training documents for the firms database and offer training seminars.

7. "Review for FLSV Fund Administration"

Current Employee - Manager - Fund Administration Services in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager - Fund Administration Services in New York, NY

I have been working at FLSV full-time

Pros

Everyone is very friendly and open to answering questions. FLSV is also capable of retaining smart and talented employees and weeding out the non-performers. FLSV is a meritocracy and there is no rigid hierarchy (my team is very collaborative and cooperative). FLSV is constantly growing due to organic growth, with the need for more talent as workload/client numbers increase. Management is open to hiring more employees to help out overloaded teams. Work-life balance is great - best I've had in my career.

Cons

Not much in the way of formalized training for full-time staff (relies heavily on experienced hires and the training they've received prior to coming to FLSV). Sometimes administrative / back office initiatives (such as upgrading servers or filling out surveys or testing database migrations) come at the most inopportune times for the front-office (i.e. right in the middle of busy season and/or quarter-end). Employees' work-life balance is highly dependent upon what team you are on / which officer you work for / what client you are on.

Advice to Management

Would be great to get 401(k) match and more social/group events (maybe community volunteer work? bringing back quarterly pizza parties?)

8. "FAS"

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at FLSV full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very supportive culture and a great way to experience all facets of a private equity fund. Have been here for 5 years and had the pleasure to see the firm grow exponentially. Clients are becoming more diverse so there is ample exposure to various types of business.

Cons

Mostly depends on which client(s) you work on. Sometimes there are inefficiencies with certain teams that may not impact other teams. Will not receive a formal training on technology systems used for capital accounts and GL. Rely on colleagues and some self discovery for system use.

Advice to Management

Would be great to implement some firm wide philanthropy i.e. corporate volunteer work. Also, a 401k match.

9. "Avoid, avoid, avoid!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Garden City, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Garden City, NY

Pros

Convenient location
    Helped pay for my CPA exam

Cons

The turnover here is insane. I've been here for a few years and have seen more people come and go than when I worked in retail. This firm is extremely unprofessional in how they function and the majority of associates are fairly new. Stay away at all costs unless you really have nothing better lined up. People in the firm resemble middle school with their cliques and partners think they are god. I have seen so much unprofessional behavior in the office and as a senior manager, I hate having to sit quiet while office politics show some people to do whatever they want.

Advice to Management

Evaluate employee satisfaction, provide adequate training to new employees, and give better bonuses. Perhaps you should make sure some employees are not trying to poach clients away from the firm.

10. "Associate"

Pros

Great people, great work/life balance, excellent access to high-level management steady work flow with a great opportunity to learn.

Cons

None that I can think of.

FLSV Response

May 10, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are thrilled to read your positive comments regarding the caliber of our people, work/life balance and challenging client base. We strive to... More