KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 449 of over 536 reviews

4.0
FM Global President & CEO Thomas A. Lawson
Thomas A. Lawson
Pros
  • "Great benefits & work/life balance(in 56 reviews)

• "Great benefits and company culture(in 43 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Have to manage work life balance(in 16 reviews)

• "Does not offer work from home or telecommuting arrangements(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of FM Global and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee

great company

Jun 14, 2021 - Mechanical Engineer in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

work life balance pay great place to work

Cons

there are not many cons that i can think of

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Not as Advertised

Jan 28, 2021 - Account Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay, benefits, pension, car, corporate card, vacation.

Cons

Ever changing operating standards and requirements from the top down with an expectation to stay up-to-date on sometimes conflicting information. A shift in focus from being an employee-centric company to being a metrics-driven company. Poor management, high turnover (despite advertising high retention during interview), and low morale all around (even pre-COVID). Burn out is common throughout the company. When annual metrics are met, the bar is only raised the next year. Lack of incentive to stay other than "total rewards." If you're in it for the money and can compartmentalize the rest, you'll last.

12 people found this review helpful

FM Global Response

Talent Acquisition Operations Associate

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. We really appreciate hearing from our employees so we can evaluate our performance as an organization. We constantly explore areas for improvement and work hard to ensure we provide employees with the resources they need.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Greatest Company To Work For

Oct 13, 2020 - Claims Adjuster in Park Ridge, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company is a great employer and provides both competitive pay and competitive benefits. A lot of the employees in the company start right after college and stay here the entire length of their professional careers. There are many employees with sometimes four decades of technical knowledge. The company provides a pension, 401K, great PTO and a free car to those eligible and client facing. The company has been embracing the flexible work week and working from home before the pandemic and this is set to continue into the future. I feel that the company is engaged with its employees on various levels and cares about the employees. Management is very supportive and encourages personal growth and promotion within the company. The significant promotion from within is a great attribute if this company. Since the company strives to be the best for their owners (our clients), we as employees do everything to make sure we achieve that. It always makes me feel good about my job to know that our company really cares about our insureds. The company provides a great work life balance and is respectful of your time off and is also very very understanding if you our your family are in need and include generous sick days and family leave too.

Cons

It takes a while for severe underperformers to be fired, that is if that happens. Some of the negative reviews you may read reflect on the tension between employee and manager, which in my view is the drawn out personal improvement plan process and eventual departure of the employee.

FM Global Response

Talent Acquisition Operations Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide your candid comments. We're happy to hear that our benefit plans and the company culture are highly regarded by you. We appreciate and review all feedback and recognize that it allows us to continuously improve and evolve.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Solid company to work for

May 17, 2021 - Manager in Providence, RI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pension, Great People, Approach to Insurance

Cons

Not progressive, still a ways to go with diversity, tough work/life balance

5. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Mixed Bag

Apr 14, 2021 - Agile Coach in Johnston, RI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent coworkers and the benefits for long-term employees are fantastic. The company did an excellent job handling the pandemic.

Cons

Management is very old school and does not recognize that they are behind the times when it comes to adoption of new ways of working or technology. They also view the IT division as a cost center, not enablers of business and thus salary and career progression are far behind other firms.

5 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great career

May 12, 2021 - Loss Prevention Engineer in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Mutual company - can't be acquired

Cons

Need to move to advance

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Place to Work

May 5, 2021 - Account Manager in Walnut Creek, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Family Atmosphere Great work life balance Great Benefits

Cons

I have no cons as of now and I have been here for 9 years

8. 4.0
      Former Employee

Very stable

May 4, 2021 - Senior Research Scientist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice environment, good inner trainings

Cons

Do not get bonus every years

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

FM Global is a great company that you can be proud to work for

Feb 12, 2021 - Engineering Processing Consultant in Johnston, RI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, options for career growth, acknowledgement for hard work, regular pay raises and flexible; they truly care and support work life balance.

Cons

Standard yearly bonus is based on company results not the individual but, if you work hard additional bonuses can be acquired throughout the year. Starting pay is low in comparison to some competitors. However, I was able to double my starting salary in five years with the company due to them giving merit and adjustment raises every year based on performance. Some people don't get any raises at all in five years with other companies.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great Company

Apr 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance and support

Cons

Some management is old school, but change is slowly happening. Slow change

Viewing 1 - 10 of 449 Reviews