FM Global Employee Reviews about "great benefits"
51% would recommend to a friend
(131 total reviews)
Malcolm C. Roberts
45% approve of CEO
What people are saying about FM Global
Got a burning question about FM Global? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with FM Global employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Middle management à renforcer" (in 39 reviews)
- "Salaries are low despite FM having lots in the bank" (in 26 reviews)
- "Low pay raises." (in 25 reviews)
- "Toxic managers are allowed to destroy those that work for them and are continually rewarded despite their behavior." (in 20 reviews)
- "They do not have a good work from home program, and their pay is 20" (in 16 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of FM Global and is not affected by filters.
Found 131 of over 885 reviews
Updated Dec 6, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "great benefits"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0Apr 13, 2022Senior Engineering Specialist ICurrent Employee
A long time company (185 years) with great benefits and stability.
You need to be able to work on your own.1
- 2.0Apr 19, 2022Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 10 years
- Great benefits and job stability. - There are many talented individuals - Very successful business model
- External candidates are treated better than internal employees (there > one year). - Promotional opportunities are limited, and mainly granted 3-5 years too late. If you want to grow at the pace you deserve then you must leave. - Many people stay because they are comfortable, not because they want to be there. This causes a very low moral. - Everyone in management ultimately looks out for themselves: They tout leadership principles, but very few follow/practice them.32FM Global Response2y
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. FM Global is committed to providing equal opportunities for all candidates, internal or external. We thank you for your thoughts regarding management. FM Global is grateful to hear from employees so we can evaluate our performance as an organization and will be sure to take your feedback under consideration to ensure consistency moving forward.
- 3.0Apr 25, 2019Client Processing SpecialistCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsMalvern, PA
They pay you well and have great benefits.
They don't treat their employees with respect. I feel like they think by giving us food and a raise everything will be okay. But not everyone responds positively to that. You walk into work and you can feel the negative energy. Seems like everyone hates working there. Office is super quiet - no fun allowed it seems like.20
- 4.0Feb 16, 2022S S E(Senior Software Engineer)Former Employee, more than 8 yearsProvidence, RI
They have a great benefits package which includes a pension and 401k with match.
They require vaccination as a condition of employment. There is a lot of office politics and they are constantly restructuring the organization.8
- 4.0Sep 19, 2016Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
You never stop learning. Specializing in different industries. Great benefits and travel opprotunities
Work load might get quite high and in conjuction with traveling it can be quite an ordeal.
- 4.0Apr 14, 2017Method Analyst ICurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsJohnston, RI
Great benefits and life/work balance.
Hard to move up within company unless you have engineering degree or willing to move to other cities.2
- 4.0May 26, 2014Engineering SpecialistCurrent Employee, more than 10 years
Really good training program and excellent tools to work. Great benefits such as 100% paid pension plan and 401(k).
Base salary is very attached to the job market of the city or town you live even if you work in other areas were the job market is better. Also the base salary is usually much lower than midpoint of salary range when compared with competitors. Work-life balance is affected due to non-sense travelling.2
- 5.0Dec 13, 2021Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsSaint Louis, MO
Great benefits including a pension plan and a 401k plan.
The pace of changes can sometimes be challenging.
- 4.0Feb 16, 2015Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsJohnston, RI
BIGGEST PRO: FM Global truly cares about the people and making sure you enjoy great perks, compensation, and benefits. - Great work life balance, flexible hours, occasional work from home (occasional!), etc. - Work environment truly depends on your manager. - Great benefits such as 100% paid pension plan and 401(k). - Lots of training opportunities. - 6-weeks bonus potential. - FM Global's strong business model is resilient to both strong and weak economies. - Great renovated work environment, people are humble, and very friendly. - Good compensation when considering the overall benefits package. - Lots of opportunity for horizontal career changes (easier to move laterally than up the chain).
BIGGEST CON: FM Global is a very conservative company, so things take a long time to actually get traction and move forward. You are constantly having to “play the good soldier” and stay in line. They aren’t big on radical changes or ideas. - Be prepared to convince someone else your idea was there's in order to get any support. - Work life balance skews the wrong way when you are good but that isn’t always rewarded or recognized. - Middle management not given the power necessary to make needed decisions, which slows down progress. - Difficult to move up the chain. People stay with the company for a long, LONG time, which reduces advancement opportunities for others.8