KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 335 of over 490 reviews

3.6
FOX Sports President, COO and Executive Producer Eric Shanks
Eric Shanks
Pros
  • "Great company culture, great benefits(in 24 reviews)

• "Awesome work environment would definitely recommend(in 21 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours but that comes with the territory in that business(in 12 reviews)

• "Challenging to advance, lack of communication from upper management(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of FOX Sports and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great Company

Apr 28, 2021 - Operations
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everything is great about Fox

Cons

Nothing bad to say. They really take good care of their employees

2. 4.0
      Former Employee

Nice gig out of college

Jun 10, 2021 - Production Assistant in Fort Lauderdale, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Part time, but most times worked 30+ hours. Cool interactions with talent and ability to learn from people in the sports industry.

Cons

Schedule is dependent on away game schedule of Florida teams, weird hours, no benefits since it was a 'part time' position.

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Decent Experience

Jun 25, 2021 - Manager in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

access to some of the biggest sporting events in the world

Cons

FOX is dinosaur when you consider where the sports media industry is going -they're hanging on to their broadcast rights, which is of course a strong portfolio, but they aren't supplementing it as best as they can A lot of institutional damage and politics

4. 3.0

Good Experiences, Don't Stay Long

Jul 8, 2021 - Associate Producer in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some really fun, unique opportunities and good people, for the most part.

Cons

Low pay, high pressure, lots of politics and playing favorites from people at the top, especially the NFL team.

5. 4.0

Good Company

Jun 7, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and awesome people to work with.

Cons

Slow advancement and career growth.

6. 3.0

Jun 26, 2021 - Master Control Operator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, benefits, benefits, benefits, and coworkers.

Cons

Management, dysfunctional toxic environment. Favorites, retaliation through scheduling. They are not above lying to you. Would not recommend.

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

A good start if you want to work in sports -- but you could do better

Feb 10, 2021 - Production Assistant in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great exposure to the sports media industry, the location (the Fox Lot) has a lot going on. You have the ability to see how one of the biggest sports media companies operate.

Cons

Low pay, hard to move up. Overall, the company feels very old school and there's a strong lack of diversity. As a PA in the Highlights department, there would be hours of downtime which would get old very fast. The Highlights department schedule came out only a week in advance, so good luck planning your life. You can't plan any doctor's appointments with this job without asking for time off. HR is largely unresponsive to questions. My boss was also non confrontational and hard to talk to. You definitely feel like a very small cog in the grand scheme of things.

8. 1.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Super demanding, not worth the pay nor the stress

May 27, 2021 - Creative Production Assistant in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits. I've never heard of a place that gives 3 teeth cleanings a year. Unfortunately, that's about all the pros I could come up with.

Cons

It's a very old minded company. Most folks there have worked at FOX Sports their entire career, which causes a major generational gap. The older folks never listen or acknowledge the opinions of the younger employees because in their minds, they've worked there since we were children, so they must be right. This causes a lot of uncomfortable conversations, situations, and frankly, ageism. On another note, everyone is overworked and constantly forced to work overtime, including weekends. Every assignment that everyone in the department does (mainly sports promos) has to be approved by one old white guy, which means that even if a whole production team loves where a project is headed, they will always have to bend over backwards for one person's opinion. This always, without fail, happens with every project I've viewed/been on and is a massive waste of time, money, and resources. The management does not care about the Producers/PAs. You will get assigned many projects at once, all of which have similar deadlines that simply can't be met, and the managers will look at you and just say "It's a lot, isn't it? Well, good luck." There are a lot of dueling egos. In my relatively short time here, I've had a lot of nasty and unprofessional things said to me, mainly with regards to my age, just for sharing my opinion in a professional manner. Lastly, the pay isn't great, and really not a good incentive for the massive amount of responsibilities I am expected to tackle in 8 hours. In my opinion, the pay wouldn't be such a big problem if the company had a positive office culture, but unfortunately that is not the case. The sheer amount of stress this place invokes has been awful for my mental health and I feel the longer I stay here, the higher the chance I have of developing blood pressure issues. I intend on moving on to other opportunities in the very near future.

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Great Place To Work

May 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, good advancement opportunities. Will work long hours

Cons

Expect to work 12-14 hours. Half that time in meetings

10. 4.0
      Current Employee

Solid so far

May 2, 2021 - Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture and good hours, work life balance good

Cons

Low entry level pay and slow to promote

Viewing 1 - 10 of 335 Reviews