FPL Food Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great"

Former Employee - IT Technician in Kent, NY
    Former Employee - IT Technician in Kent, NY

Pros

It's a great company. Workers there for a while. Everything is fine and great. The food was great. Good company

Cons

Not bad at all. Had fun while working there and everything was fine. I just went to another job. Not a bad company

Advice to Management

Keep creating food

"This place is as awful as it smell."

I worked at FPL Food full-time

Pros

"You must enter at least 5 words for Pros."
    I do not have 5 nice words to say about this place :)

Cons

First things first, read some of the earlier reviews with caution. Nearly a month after I started there, I was told by my manager, a now-former employee, that concert tickets were given out in exchange for positive reviews on this site. I wish I would've known that before I accepted this job. My entire experience with this company was terrible. My first red flag should've been when I asked about hours and was laughed at. The hours are long and weekends are worked frequently. Late last summer, I was working 13 hour shifts a day 6 days a week when we were short staffed. This was a salary job, so no overtime pay. I did not get a raise the entire year I was there. There were no incentives. I was lead to believe that this job would be a great starting point in my field. Instead, it was overwhelming and unmerciful. This was my first job out of college. I came into this job with no knowledge about production environments or real world situation. I was expecting to learn and grow, but this is not an ideal environment for that at all. When I tried to solve problems like my job required to, I would frequently be yelled at or scolded, despite responding as best as I could. Not to mention, sometimes my entire department would leave for lunch to "grab a beer," or so they said, leaving me alone to handle production problems by myself. Managment on the floor has no patience at all and unrealistic expectations because of the deadlines they are supposed to meet. The conditions are horrible. Roaches are crawling everywhere, remember this when you are buying beef in Wal-Mart!!! The turnover rate is seems extremely high. Upper management seems to be flocking away from this place in droves. It feels like nearly everyone that was there when I started last year has been replaced. I do not recommend this job at all, especially not to a beginner. I do wish this wasn't my first job out of college, because it has left an awful taste in my mouth about my field.

Advice to Management

Perhaps stop restructuring the management hierarchy of the company and work on satisfaction of current employees.

3. "Horrible"

Current Employee - Packer in Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - Packer in Augusta, GA

I have been working at FPL Food full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No good reason at all horrible job people are very disrespectful

Cons

The workers the illegal activity that goes onthe supervisor are rude they pick on me all the time very uncomfortable working there

4. "to be used as a stepping stone only"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

I worked at FPL Food full-time

Pros

-Company is trying to make some plant improvements
    -You get a check
    -The experience is good for your resume
    -some really great and helpful employees

Cons

There is constant turn over with the hourly employees. Often they put untrained employees in new roles. The facility is old and needs major repairs yet none get done. The biggest con would be the 6-7 days of work after being told they don't happen often. 6 to 7 workdays happen at least 2 to 3 weeks a month in the summer it is more like every week. There is no rotation schedule for the salary staff so they are burnt out. Pay is very low however they seem to think they are competitive. Supervisors who work on the weekends do not get paid. The benefits are not very good. Attendance policy is very strict only giving employees 4 point to use. No recognition for good work or good employees

FPL Food Response

Mar 3, 2016 – Human Resource Manager

The company recruitment strategy has changed from using a staffing company to direct hiring, which has reduced the turn over. Because there is no other like industry, newly hired employees must be... More

5. "Forklift operator, Rendering Department"

Former Employee - Line Cook in Augusta, GA
    Former Employee - Line Cook in Augusta, GA

I worked at FPL Food full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had the chance to work with some very professional people that gave me the opportunity to meet a better idea for stronger work habits!!

Cons

There is none , they give you opportunity to advance through a great work habit!!

6. "Human Resource Manager"

Current Employee - Human Resource Manager in Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - Human Resource Manager in Augusta, GA

I have been working at FPL Food (More than 5 years)

Pros

FPL Food is a company that provides direct employment opportunities for various skill levels and offers a full benefit package. Dedicated management teams are present within the company that work together to achieve goals in a fast and constantly changing industry. Career advancement opportunities exist within the organization. Upper management is involved in the day to day operations of the company, which allows new ideas and processes to be implemented quickly. Company promotes employee safety and a strong focus on food safety for its customers. FPL Food is a generous community partner to various local community charities.

Cons

There are seasonal peaks in production demands that require extra work hours.

"Great group of people to work with! Dedicated to success!"

Current Employee - Senior Food Technologist in Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Food Technologist in Augusta, GA

I have been working at FPL Food full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for! It takes hard work and dedication to be successful and this company offers that along with accomplishing it. The coworkers are amazing and help out when needed! This company is my second family and we all work hard together to be successful in the beef industry!!

Cons

Long hours but it is required if we want to be successful in the meat industry.

"Chief Financial Officer"

Current Employee - Long Term Employee in Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - Long Term Employee in Augusta, GA

I have been working at FPL Food full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

FPL is an amazing place to work. We strive for excellence in food safety, employee safety and producing quality products for our customers.

Cons

I would say there are very few cons but everyone knows that no work place is perfect. That being said, I would list the only con as the possibility of extreme climate conditions minimal times of the year. As with any company you can work for in the south, we all know that July and August can be very hot.

Advice to Management

We have an open door policy and I would advise that anyone on the managment team should always make suggestions when they feel there is something we can improve upon or which may require our attention. We should not assume that our opinions will not be heard because many times they could make a positive change for everyone.

9. "Human Resources/ Health Department"

Current Employee - Human Resources/Health Department in Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - Human Resources/Health Department in Augusta, GA

I have been working at FPL Food full-time (More than a year)

Pros

FPL Food offers health, dental, and vision care insurance as well as full time positions. Starting pay is comparable to most jobs. A positive attitude, good work skills, being on time everyday can merit a raise in pay.

Cons

No cons for anybody who really wants to work, The cons I could list dont apply to somebody who wants to earn a good check, The work is tough but eveything is explained in your job interview.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to get together and come up with some type of ergonomics/training program to reduce work burnout and have several employees trained to do all jobs so you dont have to spot train anybody to do a job they are not familiar with.

10. "The best place I've worked and also the most demanding. Great company, job security and fun, fast-moving projects!"

Current Employee - IT Manager in North Augusta, SC
    Current Employee - IT Manager in North Augusta, SC

I have been working at FPL Food full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Culture, compensation & benefit, management, products. Almost everything is better than the last job you had! You can't find a more well-regarded company that actually deserves the hype it gets. You'll meet interesting people who are your colleagues, managers, and senior management. Your pay will typically be competitive in the market and raises are generous and regular. FPL Food cares about how it treats its employees and it shows in the workforce. There are opportunities for advancement and ability to travel worldwide if you choose and are a dedicated employee and are willing to take responsibility for things, FPL Food is a place where you can get things done. The company is good at rewarding those who are able to make things happen! If and when you leave, you'll never regret having that company on your resume. It opens doors.

Cons

There are no cons as of today. So many things to be grateful for! Not many times in life you find such a great group of people to work for. Working at FPL Food really makes getting up in the morning something that you look forward to!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and keep Mooving Forward!