FREIGHTQUOTE Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated June 7, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Chris Kolquist

Pros
  • Good work life balance with flexible schedule (in 19 reviews)

• The opportunity to make money is definitely there (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Completely mis led on the commission plan (in 10 reviews)

• Not to mention the commission plan as well, where sales reps will get less and less every year so the company can take more profit (in 8 reviews)

Current Employee - Account Executive in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at FREIGHTQUOTE full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The training program that Freightquote has created is one of the best I have ever experienced. The staff make sure you understand each step of the way to better your experience and help with your potential growth within the company. The management care about your success and always are their to help assist with any questions or concerns you may have. They always care about the process involved and really encourage strong feedback whether it is good or bad.

Cons

The only Con I would say is there is a disconnect once you hit the floor between sales divisions, some divisions are very strict and others are more laid back to allow the freedom you may need as an adult to not feel like you are being micromanaged. Some people may need that, so success is very relied upon which division you are placed and how you deal with certain management styles.

Advice to Management

Keep checking in on new starts once they hit the floor. I feel around the 2-3 month period you lose a lot of great potential players, but rely on Managers to keep up with 20-25 other people throughout the day on the team is statistically impossible.

Jun 20, 2017 – Recruiter

Your positive yet constructive feedback is greatly appreciated. We encourage you to keep sharing your opinions on how we can better our managing tactics- we can always improve!

2. "Amazing company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at FREIGHTQUOTE full-time

Pros

Great work/life balance, awesome culture and environment, substantial room for growth within position and company.

Cons

None at this time

Advice to Management

Continue to be supportive and innovative in management approach.

May 16, 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you for the review! You have highlighted exactly what we strive for daily.

"It's an easy job but is not challenging."

Current Employee - Logistics Representative in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Logistics Representative in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at FREIGHTQUOTE full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Easy job and casual attire and atmosphere. Boss is nice. Know what's expected and no real fear of losing job.

Cons

Not my area of interest. No real avenue for advancement. Not very challenging work. Building was put up too quickly and feels unsafe sometimes.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees before making changes

Apr 25, 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you for the feedback! We appreciate your longevity and hard work. There is always room for improvement so your suggestions will be addressed. Thank you!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at FREIGHTQUOTE full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The transportation industry is fast paced, has a TON of opportunity & constantlykeeps you on your toes with new challenges every day (blessing and a curse). FQ has an extensive training program and sales managers are willing to help you land new business if you bring the right opportunity. This gig is a grind, but the earning potential is there.

Cons

Recently transitioned to hourly for the sales role but the real money is in the comp plan. Unfortunately I can no longer put in extra hours to grow my book (again, blessing and a curse). Current transition to Robinson technology is slowing us down but the long term gain will hopefully pay off.

Advice to Management

Keep spending time helping us sell large accounts. Bring back the freight socials; they were fun and allowed us to interact with other departments.

Apr 20, 2017 – Recruiter

We greatly appreciate your review. Thank you for the outline on how the Account Executive position works. Your suggestions are being considered; thank you!

Former Employee - Account Executive in Kansas City, MO

I worked at FREIGHTQUOTE full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you enjoy making 80-100 phone calls every day and getting hung up on or the FU button every other call then this job is for you! Cold calling all day and the warm calls you do get are usually only one time customers. Only 40 hours a week. No overtime.

Cons

work holidays, they tell you that you can make so much money but fail to mention that is all before taxes and the commission cut that CH Robinson takes is ridiculous. You are routinely taxed at least 45% on all commissions and bonuses.

Advice to Management

Quit nagging reps to make 80-100 calls and hire responsible people who will get the job done regardless. Spend more time with new reps versus just sending them into the fire. Managers give tenured reps more time and more help than they do to newer reps.

May 25, 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback. We always encourage people to share their experiences due to the fact we can always make our company and processes better.

6. "Great company; I'm sorry I left."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I worked at FREIGHTQUOTE full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great location and environment, great work/life balance, exercise equipment and showers available, good pay and benefits, fully casual dress - I regularly appeared in shorts, tee, and flip-flops during summer months.

Cons

Little attention was paid to suggestions from people on my team.

Advice to Management

Be open to change suggestions from below.

Mar 30, 2017 – Recruiter

We are very happy to read your pros and cons- there is always room for improvement. We will work on being more open to every team's suggestions as long as they're aligned with our values. Thank you ... More

7. "Account Executive/Sales"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Kansas City, MO

I worked at FREIGHTQUOTE full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The culture and commission checks kept me around for 7 years. If you want money, you have the ability to make it fast.

Cons

I didn't want inside sales anymore and was ready for a change of pace. After being there for so long, when they integrated with C.H. Robinson, it was frustrating to have to learn all new systems.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture alive; that's everyone's favorite part.

Mar 28, 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you for the comments! We strive to constantly improve our culture so thank you for the encouragement. Good luck to you!

8. "Research emerging technologies, manage other developers work, interview developers, decide architecture patterns."

Current Employee - Principal Applications Developer in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Principal Applications Developer in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at FREIGHTQUOTE full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good work life balance with flexible schedule. Opportunity to work with latest technology. Management is laid back and willing to listen to new ideas.

Cons

Bureaucracy related to parent company CHR can bog down getting requirements defined. As with any large bureaucracy, there are many people who can say now, but few who can say yes.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people and try and find ways to get requirements researched early.

Mar 30, 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear your work life balance was healthy with a flexible schedule; we strive to make this happen for everyone. We will work on your suggestions, thank you.

9. "Sales Rep"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at FREIGHTQUOTE full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

OK, pay and not a bad company to start at, but not a long term career.

Cons

To many to list! Management is lost and they change the company direction every 6 months. Not to mention the commission plan as well, where sales reps will get less and less every year so the company can take more profit.

Advice to Management

learn and take notes from your top sales reps. Don't be greedy and cut commission structure every 6 months to a year.

Apr 4, 2017 – Recruiter

We appreciate your review and thank you for your 5+ years of service. We are constantly working to improve the business. Your feedback will certainly be considered as we move forward.

10. "Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Kansas City, MO

I worked at FREIGHTQUOTE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are decent and they match 401k up to 4%. Potential to make money if you land the right accounts and or know the right people.

Cons

Horrible HR department. They seem to follow the phrase "it's all about who you know". Stressful work that will follow you home or need to be dealt with on weekends without any expectation for getting compensated for your extra time. If you are looking for a regular 8-5 this is not the job . There is potential to make money ..if you are lucky..but the market is so flooded and people are starting to see that freight brokers (account executives) are adding so much margin to their freight costs, its disgusting.

Advice to Management

Do your job and actually show up on time and be with your team during the day.

Mar 7, 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you for that evaluation. We will make sure your concerns are addressed and we are very sorry about this experience! There is always room for improvement; these suggestions will be taken into ... More