FTD Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
FTD CEO John C. Walden
John C. Walden

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good Work Life balance is allowed (in 11 reviews)

• Great people, the bosses are great (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • an hour for customer service work (in 13 reviews)

• The customer base Provide Commerce had was always so appreciative to have an American English speaking call center at their disposal (in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"E-Commerce"

Current Employee - E-Commerce Sales in Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - E-Commerce Sales in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at FTD full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A wonderful environment to work at. As a new employee to the company I can tell you that all the I's and T's were dotted and crossed during the interview process and that just shows that spending that time up front turns into quality hires and longevity of employees in the company. I'm so excited to start and make this my last company that I work for. Great job to all the HR people for helping with making sure the process keeps moving.

Cons

I have no cons for this company. They have been everything that I thought that they would be and more.

Advice to Management

Just keep being employee focused and the employee's will continue to make this company great.

"Amazing to work"

Former Employee - Senior Software Development Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Development Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at FTD full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Technology company, more emphasis on quality and innovations. Provides plenty of opportunities to learn latest technologies and frameworks. Working with small, focused smart mates is enjoyable, we can learn lot. Fun place to work.

Cons

Small sized company with little to no growth prospects. No branding. Business model is dead.

Advice to Management

For high positions like CIO/CTO, hire the best who can at least understand what is difference between the technical & business problems.

In the practical side, unless you really know what you're doing, every vendor is going to persuade you that their silver bullet is the perfect solution for whatever technical "problems" your company faces.

Unless you really know what is technically possible and what isn't, you'll fall into the common trap where many CTOs get stuck: tool-happy programming ... Inexperienced CTOs drive their programming teams insane with the tool of the week, but worse, they drive your company's expenses through the roof.

Remember: Needless expenses can drive your company out of business faster than anything. Assuming you actually have a marketable and vetted idea, invest in high-quality, carefully selected programmers. But, do not fall for every tech trick that knocks on your door; all solutions are not time-tested and equal.

"Used to be the best place to work in SD"

Former Employee - Marketing in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing in San Diego, CA

I worked at FTD full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Used to have a great company culture, benefits and team building events. Room to learn and grow.

Cons

Now the company cares more about bottom line than its people. Nearly everyone I knew has now left. The entire culture has changed.

Advice to Management

I think it's too late.

"CSR"

Pros

Paid training, flexible schedules (Only 1 weekend day required) and a good location.

Cons

The actual job of being on the phones is terrible. If you're absolutely desperate for a little over a thousand dollars, there are worse things you could do. Keep in mind you'll only be getting a month of work for up to 3 different holiday seasons. Its just not worth it in the end given how unfulfilling the work is.

Advice to Management

Please give incentives on selling. There's no commission structure in place and there's no motivation to upsell.

"Technology"

I have been working at FTD full-time

Pros

New leadership has the right outlook and transformation plan in place. Exciting opportunities that could provide growth with right CTO in place. CEO willing to invest in technology.

Cons

CTO/CIO is not organized,indecisive,creates chaos.Only gives time and opportunities to women. Runs a dictatorship,makes bad business decisions,is a micromanager,no vision,lack of execution.

Advice to Management

Previous executive management made bad choices of CTO. take disapproval rating in all locations.Take appropriate action or bring in someone who can run technology department without being dictated or intimidated by him.

6. "Poor Management & Depressive Atmosphere!!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at FTD part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free coffee and free parking.

Cons

Sitting in my chair while taking calls one after another with a smile and with excellent customer as its my passion....but all I got was a "kick" in the behind and looked down at. This is one of the most "shaming" and depressing jobs with management setting the tone of pure ugliness. If you weren't in the PC group then you were not given a look at even to say "hello". I witnessed "reverse discrimination" to the nth degree. Remember the "group" I mentioned that can get away with almost anything as they "look the other way".

Advice to Management

Take a look at this "management" group if you can open your eyes widely and honestly. You know when you "make your visit" from Chicago they are on their best behavior saying "hello" and "greeting" people and happy happy happy...all pure phoniness. No I'm not a disgruntled employee but merely a witness to this abysmal behavior that after 2 years of giving of myself I had to walk away.

7. "Customer Service Represenative"

I have been working at FTD part-time

Pros

It's a good buffer job or a job for some extra money, very flexible work scheduling depending on your availability. Nights are best for low work volume.

Cons

Not a place for a career, no real chances for advancement. Very poor training and management of employees, no care for true company culture. Over 50% of staff is part time "seasonal."

Advice to Management

Better training, cut off over seas calls, keep more people at full time.

"Place of favoritism"

I have been working at FTD full-time

Pros

Handful smart people are still in the company but they are on last leg. Summer Friday hours are good. CEO looks hopefully.

Cons

Do not join IT until CIO is replaced. He has slim technology experience. He is controlling and inexperienced for ecommerce to say the least. He isn't capable of shaping technology future for company. There is no growth for people in department, all decisions are micromanaged and no empowerment at all. His directs only care to make him happy ignoring their organization. The only thing he is focused on is building decks no real productivity. A place that runs on favoritism. The department head prefer vendors and relies on vendors heavily has wasted company dollars so don't expect employee growth.

Advice to Management

About time for HR and CEO to listen and take action before people lose credibility in them.

"CSR"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at FTD full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, the bosses are great.

Cons

Florists are annoyed with how FTD corporate works.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

FTD Response

Jul 28, 2017 – Sr Director, Talent Management and OD

Thanks for your input and for your dedication to providing our customers the highest level of service! We’re happy to hear that you’ve enjoyed our team-based environment and are encouraged about the... More

"Dying Brand"

I have been working at FTD full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-good benefits
    -some smart colleagues
    -work/life balance during non-peak seasons

Cons

-little to no support from leadership
    -poor middle managers
    -company lacks vision
    -limited room to advance
    -seniority rewarded over accomplishments
    -heavy workloads caused by no backfills for former employees in the last 5 years
    -highly bureaucratic
    -limited investment back into the company leading to brand equity losses and decreasing revenues
    -not an enjoyable work culture

Advice to Management

-start with addressing low morale
    -invest in the brands
    -hire to fill the gaps
    -flatten the organization

FTD Response

Jul 28, 2017 – Sr Director, Talent Management and OD

Thanks for sharing your input. We’re glad that you’re enjoying the rich benefits package that FTD offers and recognize the value we place on work/life balance. We are also open to hearing your... More