FTD Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
FTD Interim CEO Christopher W. Shean
Christopher W. Shean

Pros
  • Many have flexibility and it's a good work environment (in 13 reviews)

• Good Work-Life balance but with few rules (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • an hour for customer service work (in 13 reviews)

• The customer base Provide Commerce had was always so appreciative to have an American English speaking call center at their disposal (in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"E-Commerce"

Current Employee - E-Commerce Sales in Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - E-Commerce Sales in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at FTD full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A wonderful environment to work at. As a new employee to the company I can tell you that all the I's and T's were dotted and crossed during the interview process and that just shows that spending that time up front turns into quality hires and longevity of employees in the company. I'm so excited to start and make this my last company that I work for. Great job to all the HR people for helping with making sure the process keeps moving.

Cons

I have no cons for this company. They have been everything that I thought that they would be and more.

Advice to Management

Just keep being employee focused and the employee's will continue to make this company great.

2. "engineer"

I have been working at FTD full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good experience working at FTD.

Cons

Corporate issues can make efforts difficult.

3. "eCommerce Operations Manager"

I have been working at FTD full-time

Pros

Coworkers and a lot of different departments

Cons

Not family oriented or flexible

5. "Senior Web Operations Coordinator"

Current Employee - Senior Web Operations Coordinator in Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Web Operations Coordinator in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at FTD full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people, good culture, and great moral within the company

Cons

Reorganization of the company cause some layoffs in Jan 2017

"A wilted flower"

Pros

The majority of middle managers were really strong and passionate about their work and people around them. Summer hours were nice.

Cons

Where do I start? Worst experience in my career. While I was there pretty much the entire C level team left/replaced. Hr executives were replaced. Many jobs were filled without opening them to the staff so friends could be hired.

Environment was sad and dingy and you never had anywhere to get a private moment in the day unless you went to your car. At the Downers Grove office there isn't even a sink on the first floor so if you wanted to wash a cup or people would go into the bathroom: gross. Just not a company I could ever recommend to anyone I like. People were not rewarded or encouraged to have ideas or thoughts in their heads. Horrible horrible horrible

Advice to Management

Treat your people with respect and for goodness sake get the people a sink

"WORST COMPANY EVER"

I worked at FTD full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

To be honest, I would not encourage my worst enemy to work here. There are no benefits to being at this screwed up company.

Cons

CIO makes it clear that you are not welcome if you are over a certain age. But if you are young (and female) then you are favored!

Leadership has no strategy on direction of the company. Proflowers is in the tank and will continue to go downhill. Sales are down every year and they miss their holiday numbers on a regular basis. Wouldn't be surprised if they shut down the SD office in the next few years.

HR is useless, from the top down.

Advice to Management

Hire some good leaders. Existing ones like the CIO are driving people out the door.

"So sad"

I worked at FTD full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

FTD put together great talent under the "old" leadership. This includes talent from both from Pro and FTD. Some talented souls still remain.

Cons

The board brought in leadership from the U.K., and new leaders from outside the floral and gifting industry. None of them had any experience or expertise with the U.S. consumer and/or the floral industry in general. They relied on these new leaders to restructure the organizations leadership team and key decision makers, which resulted in the mass departure, firing and elimination of key positions that had once made FTD great. Some of these "new" leaders (and remaining ones) even gave themselves substantial pay increases. I feel for the newbies and remaining staff that are faced with the challenge of bringing back morale and making something of a now dysfunctional organization. I especially feel for those in the Chicago office...you really needed to embrace our San Diego culture while you had the chance. So sad...

Advice to Management

Track down the talent you cut loose and beg them to come back.

"Great Environment and Great People!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Pros

- Focused on becoming more innovative and customer focused
    - People-centric
    - Laid back environment but still delivers strong results
    - Exciting plan for the future

Cons

There is still work to do to further integrate our different locations but it's heading in the right direction with the commitment of the leadership team.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and push to create an innovative, bottom-up environment. It seems like there are a lot of exciting things that lie ahead for our organization!

Nov 18, 2016 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback about your FTD experience! We have evolved into a premier place to work because we have a casual yet fast-moving environment. Our proactive, progressive ... More

"Great team work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at FTD full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good environment, pleasant co-workers, teamwork is very strong here. Cooperation and problem solving is strong.

Cons

Lack of upward mobility / promotion opportunities.

Advice to Management

With so many skilled people working for FTD, its really a shame that there is no mentoring program to keep skilled team members at FTD. No mentoring program displays lack of investment in employees, and if those employees believe that the employer does not care, they will move on to one that does.

Nov 2, 2016 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding working for FTD. We appreciate your sharing some of the positive aspects of working for FTD, including teamwork, cooperation and a ... More

"Customer service representative"

Pros

Excellent to there employees, great incentives

Cons

Seasonal job, can't make more than 11.75 an hour

Nov 18, 2016 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your review! We’re glad to hear that you have enjoyed being a member of our seasonal call center. FTD brings together driven individuals in a way that capitalizes on their natural ... More