FTD Reviews | Glassdoor

FTD CEO John C. Walden
John C. Walden

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • I worked as a seasonal customer service rep in the Medford, OR call center (in 13 reviews)

• Ran like a call center in the worse ways possible (in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"E-Commerce"

Current Employee - E-Commerce Sales in Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - E-Commerce Sales in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at FTD full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A wonderful environment to work at. As a new employee to the company I can tell you that all the I's and T's were dotted and crossed during the interview process and that just shows that spending that time up front turns into quality hires and longevity of employees in the company. I'm so excited to start and make this my last company that I work for. Great job to all the HR people for helping with making sure the process keeps moving.

Cons

I have no cons for this company. They have been everything that I thought that they would be and more.

Advice to Management

Just keep being employee focused and the employee's will continue to make this company great.

2. "Winter is coming!"

I have been working at FTD full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. Friendly-environment and hard-working top executives.
    2. Enough flexibility regarding timings/leaves/learning.
    3. As a business, started working towards stopping the decline in revenues and repairing the brand image by making wholesale drastic changes and the whole company is in for a fight for things to come very soon.

Cons

1. Varies from team-to-team. One team's con is another team's pro :P
    2. Not enough power in the Hyd office to take technological decisions which can lead to over-burdening of work or creating a negative influence within the company.
    3. Almost all teams use outdated technologies, so not much scope to grow yours skill-set.

Advice to Management

None.

3. "Getting there.... slowly but surely"

Former Employee - Member Solutions Representative in Downers Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Member Solutions Representative in Downers Grove, IL

I worked at FTD full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of my co-workers were some of the best people I have met. Summer Hours. Flexible schedule. Down to earth boss. You MUST be self motivated to be in Member Solutions as we are trusted to do our job and do it well. There is definitely no babysitting or handholding here.

Glad they are stepping it up and starting to make changes to improve everything thats currently broken.

Cons

With training you are pretty much on your own after the first week. Challenging job when you are both Retention AND Account Managers for FTD florist and everything that is escalated is dumped into your department. Overworked and underpaid.

Advice to Management

New processes or programs are launched before effected departments are even informed or trained, which results in chaos when talking to members. Poor communication between departments. It feels like we work against each other at times. Expand the Member Solutions department if you want us to be successful or open an Account Management department to have us focus on saving members.

4. "Company's Culture , Projects and Work Life balance"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Hyderabad (India)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Hyderabad (India)

I have been working at FTD full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

* Good Work life balance.
    * Average salary hikes.
    * Management now slowly started for fun activities other than work.

Cons

* Very less scope for getting projects from scratch , all projects are existing .
    * Once you are in a particular team , not enough chance to work on different projects.
    * Very less scope of learning new technologies.

5. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Hyderabad (India)

I have been working at FTD full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good culture within the team and learning scope because of the same.
    New initiatives being taken up for the improvement from time to time by the management.

Cons

Too much dependency on individuals as the size of the team being less.

Advice to Management

Better control the attrition rate.

"Good place to work, but don't treat their long term seasonals well"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at FTD part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, decent pay, potential opportunities to move up, supportive environment.

Cons

Working as an ongoing seasonal temp for 3 years without benefits. Customers can be difficult.

Advice to Management

Reward your long term seasonals. Don't use them.

"IT needs help"

Current Employee - Senior Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at FTD full-time

Pros

Good Co-Workers, Good benefits. Good work life balance.

Cons

IT Department needs serious evaluation by CEO. CIO is more interested in taking selfie than promoting transparency. He talks bad about his own people in front of other IT personals. He is blaming everybody about how hierarchical they are but he does exactly the same. He has created favoritism work environment where people in IT try to find a space outside of his office to gain his favor. Interview process in IT became joke in this company. IT leaders are frustrated because he wants to talk to new hires but never available to talk to candidates unless he is hiring someone and good candidates don't wait around. In short, he never trusts his leaders to make a decision on low level hires. He (almost every week) changes IT tasks given to people in the name of flexibility and change. He is wasting valuable IT resource and time. Besides few people in his “yes man” circle, he never listens to other senior managers in IT.

"Customer Service"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Medford, OR
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Medford, OR

I worked at FTD (Less than a year)

Pros

They hire just about anyone during the holiday season so not sure if that is good or bad!

Cons

I worked as a seasonal customer service rep in the Medford, OR call center. It was not a fun job hearing constant complaints from customers that there orders weren't filled or delivered. Or you spend a long time on the phone placing and order with a customer who tells me off because I repeat back to her information to make sure it was accurate and that messes up your stats. When you are seasonal, the permanent employees ignore you including managers. Stay away unless you can't find employment elsewhere.

Advice to Management

My team leader or manager barely acknowledged me since she knew I would only be around a few months but be professional and courteous. Do you think I'll go out of my way to work hard and fast when treated like I don't exsist? Ummm, NO!

"Used to be the best place to work in SD"

Former Employee - Marketing in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing in San Diego, CA

I worked at FTD full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Used to have a great company culture, benefits and team building events. Room to learn and grow.

Cons

Now the company cares more about bottom line than its people. Nearly everyone I knew has now left. The entire culture has changed.

Advice to Management

I think it's too late.

"CSR"

Pros

Paid training, flexible schedules (Only 1 weekend day required) and a good location.

Cons

The actual job of being on the phones is terrible. If you're absolutely desperate for a little over a thousand dollars, there are worse things you could do. Keep in mind you'll only be getting a month of work for up to 3 different holiday seasons. Its just not worth it in the end given how unfulfilling the work is.

Advice to Management

Please give incentives on selling. There's no commission structure in place and there's no motivation to upsell.