FTI Consulting Reviews

1. Featured Review

"Very Happy Here!"

Current Employee - Coordinator

I have been working at FTI Consulting full-time

Pros

-Great office culture! Lots of events and celebrations such as PRIDE day and promotion day. -Inclusive company culture: diversity ambassador program and WIN network! -My team has had extremely low turnover: everyone genuinely cares about each other and enjoys working together. -The company is growing! -Opportunities to advance your own career! -Awesome CEO! You can tell the executive leadership team really cares about the employees that make up FTI. Their response to COVID has shown their genuine care for us.

Cons

Nothing to add here :)

FTI Consulting2020-05-15

May 21, 2020

Thanks so much for your positive feedback and for highlighting some of our programs and features that make us unique. We're happy that you're happy! Thanks for sharing.

2. "Great Company - Small office acquired by FTI."

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Austin, TX

I worked at FTI Consulting part-time for less than a year

Pros

Positive Environment, Good training, Competitive Salary

Cons

Corporate feel, some red tape & hoops to jump through

FTI Consulting2020-05-23

May 27, 2020

Thanks so much for your review!

"Flexible workplace and supportive leadership"

Current Employee - Associate Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at FTI Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great CEO! FTI has a supportive executive leadership team that really cares about their employees. They truly believe that people are the foundation of a great company. The leadership team’s response and communication throughout COVID-19 has been strong. Strong work-life balance. The people of FTI are highly skilled and are supportive of one another. FTI offers a challenging work environment which helps with career progression. The FTI work environment allows you to explore different expertise areas and gain experience with different skillsets. There is no micro-managing. Therefore, you put into your career/role what you get out. You must be highly motivated!

Cons

Some roles require lots of travel

FTI Consulting2020-05-20

May 22, 2020

Thanks for your positive review! We think our CEO and Leadership team are pretty great too!

"Great Company - Compassion and Care for Employees"

Current Employee - Senior Associate

I have been working at FTI Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Flexibility - Compensation - fair compensation through solid base salaries and bonus programs - Trust - Leaders trust the staff to get work done without micromanaging - Compassion/Leadership - Firm leadership has excelled during the pandemic through constant communication/updates, assurances, transparency and compassion for their staff and clients.

Cons

There are no cons to list.

FTI Consulting2020-05-14

May 22, 2020

Thanks for your positive review!

"Great company to work for."

Current Employee - Senior Director

I have been working at FTI Consulting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent company culture. Strong sense of collaboration. Many training opportunities available to continue to learn and grow. Most importantly, the firm is standing by its employees during Covid-19 and our CEO/C-Suite is doing an excellent job in communicating with staff about FTI's current and future state of business.

Cons

Long hours occasionally required but opportunities to work remotely help with work life balance.

Continue reading
    FTI Consulting2020-05-15

May 21, 2020

Thank you for the positive review! We agree with your observations - from the top down, the key to our business is our commitment not only to our clients, but to our team members. Because taking care of our team members is one of our core values, we’re always looking for ways to encourage growth and development opportunities, and to ensure employees feel valued, are treated fairly and respected.

"Great company!"

Current Employee - Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at FTI Consulting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible work environment with great work/life balance Great benefits; 401k match Inclusive culture Opportunities for advancement and to work remotely Great programs like the Women's Initiative, Corporate Citizenship, and Diversity initiatives

Cons

Certain roles and segments may require longer hours with certain projects, but that opens up opportunities financially and career-wise

FTI Consulting2020-05-06

May 27, 2020

Thanks for your review and feedback!

"Excellent Company"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at FTI Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Compensation, Benefits, Ability to Work Remotely, Work with Extremely Intelligent People, the way they handled COVID-19 (Pay attention to how your company handles this pandemic-- it says a lot about what they think of their employees)

Cons

I had to think hard about this, but I can't think of any huge ones

FTI Consulting2020-04-30

May 27, 2020

You’ve made some really great points in your review; especially noteworthy is your comment to “pay attention to how your company handles the pandemic – it says a lot about what they think of employees”. This sentiment is something we’ve heard often during this unprecedented time, and it really speaks volumes about our Leadership team, not just during the pandemic, but in general and going forward. Thanks for taking the time to send this through!

"Great culture"

Current Employee - Managing Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at FTI Consulting full-time

Pros

Experiences, culture, brand, peers, client

Cons

Comp, travel, work life balance

FTI Consulting2020-04-29

May 27, 2020

Thank you for your feedback. We pride ourselves on our people and culture!

"Proud to work at FTI!"

Current Employee - Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at FTI Consulting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Love working with very smart, motivated and fun teammates on a global team. A culture of equal parts support and autonomy to create your own path, depending on how much you want to put into it. It's a real confidence booster, and makes coming to work, dare I say, a pleasure! Flexible schedule and remote work situations even before Covid 19. The amount of flexibility will depend on your team and /or engagement, but I'd say its more often the case than not. Compensation and benefits packages are excellent in this fast growing company. The 401k match is the best I've had in my career. Some phenomenal company events for networking - my favorites being FTI WIN (Women's Initiative) and WINtern programs, holiday parties and corporate giving through matching gifts, paid volunteer time, pro-bono work. For all the above reasons, and more, it makes me proud to tell my acquaintances that I work at FTI Consulting.

Cons

Potentially long hours depending on your project/engagement. But then you're rewarded for the extra effort, both financially and in recognition of a job well-done, so I'm not sure that's a con! Just be aware to set some boundaries on your time.

FTI Consulting2020-04-13

May 22, 2020

Thanks for the great review! WIN for the win - and the other perks too!

"Solid place to get work experience, but don't expect any help"

2.0
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant

I worked at FTI Consulting full-time

Pros

- opportunity to work with Fortune 100 clients - lower profile clients generally mean more analytical/impactful work

Cons

From experience, there is absolutely no process in place for developing qualified lateral hires. Nobody specified the technical performance expectations of my practice, and I received no performance feedback in my first several months. The shallow feedback I solicited at that point did not encapsulate any of the negative points of my performance review, which I received about a month later. Superiors tend to lack directness.

Continue reading
    FTI Consulting2020-05-02

May 21, 2020

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback. We are committed to providing a work environment in which one can grow professionally and personally. We are disappointed to hear your experience was less than ideal and will use your feedback to work on those areas that may need shoring up. We appreciate your input!

Found 780 reviews