Facebook Analyst Reviews | Glassdoor

Analyst

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends

Pros
Cons
  • Work-life balance: pressure to move fast (in 170 reviews)

• I suppose one could be that most teams work long hours (in 45 reviews)

1. "Coming from a nonprofit - My Dream Company"

Current Employee - Analyst in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are mission and value oriented. They really stick true to their organizational framework and live by their values in day-by-day decisions. When you're here you can tell why they're doing so well. They are transparent with everything - including weekly Q&A where employees can ask the CEO questions in an open floor format. The HR is goes far and beyond expectations over and over again. No doubt we are treated well in terms of compensation too. This package comes with the most important perk - it attracts other brilliant open minded individuals who want to make our society better.

Cons

The only con I can see is that we are growing very, very fast and that can cause some growing pains. For example, I have seen a few situations where there wasn't alignment between the interview and the actual work that needed to be done. However, the HR is flexible and willing to work with you so this shouldn't take away points from them for being amazing in every other way.

Advice to Management

If there is a management transition there should be extra care gathering feedback from all employees during the process to ensure a smoother transition.

2. "Best Company on earth"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Um, where to start. Basically the hype is true. I'm not an engineer/dev type. Perhaps this is more standard for those career tracks. However, you'd be had pressed to find any company providing this kind of environment to its employees. Salary is great, bennies are great, managers are awesome, culture is fantastic and the company its doing really well. Its stable.

Cons

Don't really have any. I've heard some people say they would prefer to have an office vs open floor. Well guess what, everyone from Mark down is sitting in the open floor plan, so no one is getting a raw deal. And I love it personally.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

"Working at Facebook is as good as it gets"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people I work with are what makes Facebook so amazing. Everyone is legitimately passionate about their work and the impact their having. Perks and salary aside (both of which are great), it's amazing going into work every day knowing that what i'm doing is having a direct impact on our 1.7 billion (and growing every day) users. I get excited to come into work every day, even after 1.5 years, and I wouldn't trade that for the world!

Cons

When I first joined one of the things I loved was the internal transparency, there were no "locked doors" and leadership/management was always very open about things going on at the company, but lately it seems like upper management are keeping more and more things confidential without any explanation as to why.

Advice to Management

Be more open and transparent about ongoing projects, work, and roadmaps because it ultimately leads to better and more impactful work since your employees can see the road ahead and get excited.

Facebook Response

Feb 7, 2017 – Your Friends at Facebook

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. Transparency is important to Facebook both from a company and product point of view. We will share this feedback with internal teams and work ... More

5. "Sounds like a great company... for full-time employees"

Current Contractor - Ads Payments Analyst in Austin, TX
    Current Contractor - Ads Payments Analyst in Austin, TX

I have been working at Facebook as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Free food
    Flexible work hours
    Casual office
    Great coworkers

Cons

Strict divide between contractors and full-time employees
    Some middle management has very minimal experience

Advice to Management

Forge the divide between your contractors and full-time employees. You're missing out on some incredible talent in the lower dregs of the company.

"Great place to work; Hard to navigate career growth and internal politics"

I worked at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Amazing benefits. They really take care of employees.
    - Great workplace environment. Coworkers feel like family and are very supportive of each other.
    - Mission of the company truly runs deep.
    - Flexible work hours and environment. There is generally a high degree of trust between employees.

Cons

- The open floor plan can be completely draining (especially for introverts, like myself).
    - Very unclear career growth. I started as an early career employee and one of the main reasons I left was because I felt like there was really little investment in my professional and personal growth. I found that Facebook really likes employees that will work hard and make them look good, but they don't care about helping you move up to the next level. There was no clear progression. A part of this is the flat organizational structure, which appeals to some but not to all.
    - Very millennial feeling (I'm a millennial too) and can feel extremely unprofessional at times. No line between personal and professional relationships. Again, this is up to personal choice but it didn't feel great to me all the time.
    - Cult-like worship of upper management (Mark and Sheryl). They are awesome people to look up to but people are not critical enough of the company all the time. It felt like people were always blind-sided by the flashiness of M-team's messaging.
    - Facebook hires a lot of contractors to full-time positions (especially in Austin), which can feel irksome.
    - Since the company has grown so much, they need to stop acting like a startup.
    - It's easy to do work that isn't actually fulfilling but is necessary to run the company.
    - Loved the mission and messaging of the company but didn't feel like my work was impactful in any way, which was an unfortunate feeling.
    - Pay is not that good for entry level/early career business side roles. Engineers make a lot more, unsurprisingly.
    - This is an engineer-run company, after all. So if you are on the business side, expect to be heavily reliant on engineering resources, which can be extremely draining and frustrating.
    - Facebook says it's easy to transition between roles and teams but I found that to not be true. That's another reason why I left. It may be easier on the engineering side. Additionally, being a remote office truly limits your networking and career opportunities (even if they tell you otherwise).
    - I had more managers than I could count in one year. The turnover was way too high and I didn't feel like anyone was invested in me. I wasn't growing and as an early career professional, growth is my top priority.
    - Facebook is a global company and most of its users are outside of the US. However, the mindset is still extremely American and I frankly found the way in which people talked about users outside of the US to be downright offensive at times. There was no desire to get to deeply understand user behavior and market trends outside of the US. Given how the world economy is trending, Facebook will be in a bad position if employee mindsets don't change. There are companies all over the world (especially in Asia) that are taking over (and have already taken over) the spaces Facebook is trying to break into as of late.
    - A combination of unclear expectations and high manager turnover led to not-stellar performance reviews for me.
    - People always said I could work on what interested me and what I was good at but whenever I tried to do so, I was shut down.

Facebook Response

Dec 15, 2016 – Your Friends at Facebook

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and feedback. Taking care of our employees is paramount to our continued growth and success. Being a part of the Facebook Family is not only a ... More

"Good benefits, somewhat cultish"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You will work with some very smart, driven people. Benefits are out of this world. You have a lot of autonomy to do your job which can work for or against you.

Cons

People can be discarded easily. It's hard to keep up the kool-aid induced hype after a few years. If you're an older employee, get used to feeling uncomfortable.

Advice to Management

While doing a good job encouraging diversity, you might want to look at the age range of your peeps, especially at MPK which seems to skew even younger than the other offices.

"Facebook - 5 stars, Concentrix - 1 star"

I worked at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Facebook provides a great workplace in terms of creativity, meeting spaces, Videoconferencing rooms and the cafeteria ladies are the best!

Cons

Concentrix has the lowest paid contractors or any employment company doing business with Facebook. Clerical mistakes like having training classes arrive a week earlier than scheduled are commonplace.

Advice to Management

Middle management, are you paid enough to put up with Concentrix's antics?
    Upper management, You charge facebook $30+ an hour and pay employees 12.75 an hour - nice hustle!

9. "Best work place"

Former Employee - Data Analyst/Product Business Analyst in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Data Analyst/Product Business Analyst in San Jose, CA

I worked at Facebook (Less than a year)

Pros

Happy work place with free food . Great team and scope of learning more.

Cons

less salary for contractors and they are given long term.

"HR Admin- Austin"

Former Employee - HRIS Analyst in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - HRIS Analyst in Austin, TX

I worked at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun, exciting, challenging, dynamic, a lot of smart people, good training offered, free food and amenities. Good growth opportunities, some genuinely good people there

Cons

The people in the Austin office are brutal. I felt like I was in high school again. They bash each other, gossip and belittle 'outsiders' or people they don't know. I overheard the 'senior' employees belittling me and making fun of a physical condition I have SEVERAL times. They smile to your face but they are passive aggressive and outright mean. And I performed very well at my job, loved my team in CA, and loved the company. But some of those 'lifetime' FB people are poisoning the culture. I had to leave after a year. And good luck telling anyone. It's career suicide

Advice to Management

Hold everyone accountable for how they treat others, especially people who are different, people coming from different cities and people with physical and social challenges.

"Good company, but not for everyone"

Former Employee - Product Analyst in Menlo Park, CA
    Former Employee - Product Analyst in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company is well-run, ambitious management, good execution.
    Good perks, good incentives for high performer.
    Everyone in every position is strong. Mediocre is not tolerated.

Cons

Pressure is high, because of working with smartest people.
    Work life balance is a huge problem. You will push yourself, for sure.
    It is not necessarily bad, but definitely not for everyone.

Advice to Management

The culture could be a bit nicer.