Facebook Columbus Reviews

Updated Aug 12, 2020

4.9

"Best working culture I've experienced in my 20 years career"

Current Employee - DC Network Engineer in New Albany, OH

I have been working at Facebook full-time for less than a year

Pros

FB is an excellent workplace for any engineer that wants to collaborate, values colleagues, get things done and work on interesting, innovative projects that actually have an impact on the world. At FB managers don't belong to the elite group and engineers are looked down upon as just worker bees. They don't get in your way, they actually support you in meaningful way. Here at FB you are encourage to be you, best self and you are supported by you peers in you journey of profession and personal development. Best culture I've experienced!

Cons

It might not be for everybody, if you are characterized by individualism, conflict producer, avoid ownership and work, with no sense of community.

Continue reading
  2. "Culture Shock in the Best Way Possible"

Current Employee - Field Engineer in New Albany, OH

I have been working at Facebook full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing communication from the top down. Everyone has access to all of the important information to ensure that work is done.

Cons

it can be a little scary coming into such an open culture when viewed from the perspective of other companies, but this isn't a con, it's just a new way to adjust to; especially this new concept called "family" apparently I had reproduced and I get to spend time with them instead of slaving away at work like at previous places that i have worked.

Continue reading

"Absolutely the best place I have ever worked."

Current Employee - Critical Facility Manager in New Albany, OH

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

A company that truly understands its employees are what drives the company's success and rewards them appropriately. Great benefits. Responsive senior leadership team.

Cons

The hiring process is long and arduous. HR policies tend to contradict and stifle the company values about free expression and being your authentic self.

Continue reading

"I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than 3 year)"

2.0
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fabulous work environment and great work culture. Upper management is extremely encouraging and wants to see you do well.

Cons

What work-life balance? Long, punishing hours are a given and employees are more than willing to put in that extra effort to keep afloat. Burnouts are common as a result. Also. The medical insurance offered by Aetna covers a whole lot except prenatal genetic testing for women under 35. I’m 33, newly pregnant (just over 10 weeks) and my OB-GYN suggested I go in for an NIPT. The exorbitant cost will have to be borne by me because I missed Aetna’s mark by just 2 years!

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.