Facebook Reviews in Ireland | Glassdoor

Ireland

4.6

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance is hard to manage (in 192 reviews)

• Work-life balance: pressure to move fast (in 51 reviews)

1. "Best career move ever!"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

> Open Culture: decisions are announced openly, without sugar coating and pretence and it comes from the very top! Mark, Sheryl and all the leaders are very straight forward on their answers during the weekly Q&A - there is nothing they shine away from and, when they don't know much about the topic they either find somebody that does or follow it up.

> Real flat organisation: many other companies misinterprete what employees mean by 'flat organisation' - they are not talking about the number levels between junior and senior people, but on how open senior leadership is. FB doesn't make that mistake, you can talk to anybody here, from managers to directors and VPs and they all listen to you attentively, as a peer, not as a 'superior'. Employees at FB are all valued the same.

> Perks are amazing: it is not about the amount of perks, but how those perks make your life much better. Instead of trowing whatever at employees, FB conducts regular surveys to understand which benefits are valued or not and adjust them accordingly. The benefits provided by FB are geared towards making our lifes easier, so we can focus more on giving people the power to build communities and bring the world closer together.

Cons

> In the spirit of moving fast, our tools are not extremely sophisticated as they are being continuously developed. It is a price I am happy to pay to have the benefit of doing whatever I need to accomplish the company's goals.

> Working with smart and ambitious people is amazing, but can, at times, make you feel an 'impostor' - I think everyone here does feel like that sometimes, but if well taken, can only make us continuously improve and become a better professional

Advice to Management

> Continue listening to everybody's ideas, no matter from which level, even if sometimes they sound a bit off, most of the times they have some wonderful insights.

2. "Open and FAST moving!"

Current Employee - Community Operations in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Community Operations in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Facebook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- The openness across the whole org. is outstanding (at least currently, you can ask anyone anything and receive an answer with the Directors openly announcing sensitive information regularly and the CEO holding weekly Q&As sessions where no question is off limits!).
    - Fast moving; you are encouraged to make things happen as long as the data backs you up. For me this was an absolute shock (having a 30 min fast paced meeting which resulted in almost immediate high impacting changes)
    - Passion; you are encouraged to focus on your strengths and work on the issues that you find most rewarding!
    - The people; I've never worked with so many motivated, passionate and intelligent people - it really brings the best out of you. Further, you are encouraged to be your 'authentic self' which often means direction to have a better work-life balance!
    - Of course... the perks are AMAZING - great pay, yummy food (yet the "facebook 13" is oh too real!'and the best healthcare among many well thought out perks.

Cons

- Despite the amazing perks for new parents (lots of leave!), childcare support is minimal if anything.
    - Encouraging everyone to be their 'authentic selves' sometimes can cause issues (ie. some people - very few though - are authentic knob heads).
    - Moving sometimes too fast to enable a reliable and trusting service; although its really encouraging to see this is being worked on from top down!
    - The perks are AMAZING yet, as is probably human nature, its always tempting to look over to Google's better perks (yet they don't have our outstanding open culture which is perhaps more valuable)

Advice to Management

Keep it up and do everything you can to maintain the open culture - this is the unique selling point to keep the right talent on board!

Jul 13, 2017 – Head of Recruiting

Thanks for sharing. We're grateful for the open culture that makes our workplace unique and we know we are all accountable for keeping it this way. This is how we'll continue to move fast and make an... More

"Awesome Company"

Current Employee - Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Facebook (More than a year)

Pros

Free food, Great Benefits, Amazing and Talented People, Challenging Work Opportunities

Cons

Challenging work opportunities can have an effect on work life balance if you don't manage your time well

"Best rollercoaster"

I have been working at Facebook (More than a year)

Pros

The sheer opportunity you get at Facebook is astounding, there is still so much to accomplish which presents a wealth of opportunity to grow and develop yourself. I've never worked anywhere where I was encouraged to take risks, think big and have such amazing impact. I love the autonomy you are given, the freedom to be yourself and the brilliant people, food and perks that come with working here. I'm excited about the next ten years.

Cons

It's not a con so much a result of so much opportunity means you have to really be disciplined about what you take on, you can get overwhelmed but I've learnt when that happens the management here are great at helping you find a balance.

Advice to Management

Always focus on culture, it's truly what makes Facebook a unique place.

"High Rewward - High Stress"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lean Teams, Great People, Fast Career Growth, Transparent Enviroment, Great recognition systems, Numerous learning opportunities

Cons

Ambiguity in majority of tasks, High Stress, Bubbly and at times noisy environment, big chunk of work success is based solely on the connections made within the company, inconsistent people management

Advice to Management

Consistency in people management is required on all levels

Jun 28, 2017 – Director, Global Recruiting Programs and Operations

We appreciate your open and honest feedback. We agree that people managers play a very important role at Facebook. We will continue to invest in developing our people managers across the teams.

"Amazing place to work"

Former Employee - Partner Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Partner Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Facebook full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

+ best company in the world
    + amazing offices
    + super friendly, super talented colleagues
    + clear, actionable mission

Cons

- it's bigger than it used to be, but that's not such a con as it's still fast moving

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, it's an unbeatable culture

May 24, 2017 – Director, Global Recruiting Programs and Operations

Thank you for your service! We will keep working to hire people who care deeply about our mission to connect the world!

"So far so good"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Facebook (Less than a year)

Pros

Very friendly environment, there is training available for anything you need, people are very open, very helpful.
    There is a lot of space to bring new ideas.

Cons

Everything is great so far.

"Contractors are and will always be underdogs"

Former Employee - SMB Client Service Agent in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - SMB Client Service Agent in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Facebook (Less than a year)

Pros

Good perks, though moslty for full time employees, great food, office space and culture overall.

Cons

Huge gap between contractors and FTE's, even the badges are different so everybody instantly knows where they belong. No mixing with 'real' Facebookers.
    The company is becoming more corporate and work-life balance is non existant. They make you feel obligated to love FB and consider yourself lucky to be a part of the family. And at the same time they send you emails about contractors eating too many snacks...
    Instead of giving contractors priority when applyig internally, seems like it's even harder for them to get to the company which is crazy considering most contractors work harder and now more than FTE's. They would rather hire a complete outsider and train them from scratch.

Advice to Management

Figure out what do you actually want from employees. A guy from my team was told he is 'too visible' for Facebook?! Google grabbed him after few days :) The other one is not entusiastic enough for the company and he was the most knowledgeable person in the team of 100 people.

"Great Place to work"

I have been working at Facebook (More than a year)

Pros

- you get to work mostly with nice and smart people who want to see you succeed
     - a lot of autonomy and flexibility
     - great perks, offices and facilities
     - excitement of working for a company with such wide reaching impact
    - a lot of openness and communication from senior management
    - strong sense of optimism about the future of the company

Cons

- a lot of distractions and different things to work on, can be hard to prioritise workload sometimes
    - as the company grows a lot more admin and process coming in which adds to the taskload
    - things change all the time and it's an environment that can frustrate some people. Patience and resilience are required to work there

10. "Amazing in all respects"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Facebook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Difficult to know where to start. This is without a doubt the best company to work for. You are listened to and respected. Management are on the team and mentors- no politics. People can't do enough to help even if they're busy. Everyone is smart and friendly and high achievers. The perks are magestic, not just free food but gourmet meals served 3 times a day, it will ruin hotels for you!! You feel like your making a difference constantly.

Cons

Busy busy environment but I like that so not a con for me!! You cannot get away with being lazy

Advice to Management

Maybe to sync more across regions outside of review time.

Showing 95 of 2,130 reviews