Facebook Reviews

Updated May 29, 2020

4.5
Pros
  • "I mean free food tastes so much better than non-(in 359 reviews)

• "so many smart people and compensation is great(in 288 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work-life balance can be challenging depending on your team(in 390 reviews)

• "No cons that I can think of at this time(in 85 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"People Focused"

Current Employee - Engineering Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Facebook deeply cares about its employees and has built a compelling culture around support and growth. Career growth opportunities are plentiful. If you don't like the team you're on or don't get the support you want from your manger, Facebook empowers you to find new teams or projects. Facebook wants its employees to be invested in their work and to feel connected to its larger mission. If large scale opportunities and growth are important to you, Facebook is a fantastic place to work.

Cons

Facebook's culture is demanding and fast paced. The greatest aspect of working at Facebook is that everyone is very motivated and very smart. The problem with this is that they all expect the very same of you. Holding a very high bar for excellence can certainly be demanding so it's important to make sure you're always carefully paying attention to your own personal work/life balance.

Facebook2020-05-25
  2. "Great, stable, passionate place to work"

Current Employee - User Experience Researcher in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for less than a year

Pros

colleagues, benefits, type of work

Cons

controversial, fast paced, can be tough work/life balance if you aren't careful

Facebook2020-05-30

"Fast paced company with high expectations, but incredibly fair. You won't a place that cares more about it's people."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Incredible benefits - Excellent compensation that rewards strong performance - Lots of autonomy - Tons of room for growth - Very transparent from the top down - Strong leadership - Intelligent and caring colleagues - The most fair and well thought out review process you will find everywhere - Exciting work

Cons

- If you don't learn to make the work life balance work for you, it can be exhausting. But you'll also be given lots of support with this if you ask for it. - It doesn't matter how good you are at your job, chances are you're going to be surrounded by a ton of other people who are just as good if not better. Imposter syndrome is real, but if you got an offer, you probably belong here too.

Facebook2017-02-17

Facebook Response

April 17, 2017Director, Global Recruiting Programs and Operations

Thank you for the feedback. From the Life@ benefits and conveniences to the many employee affinity and advice groups, we are all here to support you. If you need additional help, please reach out to your HR Business Partner.

"The smartest people I have ever worked with."

Current Employee - Program Manager in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for less than a year

Pros

Competitive pay, flexible working hours, rewarding work and smart, warm work colleagues.

Cons

Everyone works on different software/storage solutions; if you need to find a document, check quip, box, drop box, google drive. Diversity: I know a lot of work has been done but would be great to have more women, PoC and different nationalities. Onboarding: a lot of remote onboarding has been watching a lot of videos that sometimes are over 2 hours long. Would be great to have more live virtual training.

Facebook2020-05-29
  5. "Even after 3 years I feel so lucky to work here."

Current Employee - University Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- After 3 years in the office living and breathing the beautiful campus and delicious food - I have never been more impressed with this company and how its navigating the impacts of COVID 29. They have made remote work seamless and enjoyable. - Management is incredible. Facebook invest so much time and money in their managers and it shows. - Work life balance is pretty spectacular and there is a lot of mental health support. - Internal mobility is great - I was a recruiting coordinator for 2 years and finally applied/ started interviewing. After interviewing for 3 roles, I landed this incredible role on a team I admire. - Lets not leave out the perks - commuter benefits, laundry, food, medical, dental, equipment, events (pre COVID) & more

Cons

I can't think of any cons outside of the 15% of my job that's administrative (but who doesn't have that)

Facebook2020-05-29
  6. "Hands down the best place I've ever worked - not a typical sales job"

Current Employee - Client Solutions Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Management cares about you a person first and foremost, incredibly smart and transparent senior leadership (weekly q&a's where you can ask mark ANYTHING), work is super challenging but rewarding when you think about scale of impact, incentivized to think about the client's business - more of a consultative partner than ever a salesperson

Cons

It's a competitive environment so have to be ready to be surrounded by superstars, data-driven so always looking to quantify impact

Facebook2020-05-28
  7. "Facebook is genuinely awesome"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Facebook full-time for less than a year

Pros

Facebook has amazing culture and a strong emphasis on engineering emphasis. Plus the benefits are incredible.

Cons

Performance review cycles can be stressful and you're surrounded by very talented engineers, so it's difficult not to feel imposter syndrome sometimes.

Facebook2020-05-28
  8. "Incredible Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

Top of the market pay with incredible benefits. You’ll work with really smart people in a fast paced, bottom up environment. For a massive company, they really do care about their employees and seem to always put them first - their COVID response has been incredible.

Cons

Bottom up engineering culture can feel disorganized and inefficient at times.

9. "Amazing 1st Job"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for less than a year

Pros

+ perks + pay + flexibility + clout

Cons

- can be bureaucratic - moral cognitive dissonance

Facebook2020-05-29
  10. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Work life balance can be hard to find

Facebook2020-05-27