Facebook Reviews | Glassdoor

US - All CitiesFull-timePart-time

4.5

1,224 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great work-life balance (this depends on teams)" (in 93 reviews)

• "Free food (breakfast/lunch/dinner & snacks), amenities at office (massage chairs/sleeping pods)" (in 259 reviews)

Cons
  • "Some teams have poor work life balance" (in 283 reviews)

• "Expect to Work Hard in line with the Move Fast mantra that pervades the company ethos" (in 67 reviews)

1. "love it"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

FB is great, love working here. Great people, mission oriented, transparent leadership.

Cons

It's a big company, takes a long time to figure out teams/systems.

"Fast paced company with high expectations, but incredibly fair. You won't a place that cares more about it's people."

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Incredible benefits
    - Excellent compensation that rewards strong performance
    - Lots of autonomy
    - Tons of room for growth
    - Very transparent from the top down
    - Strong leadership
    - Intelligent and caring colleagues
    - The most fair and well thought out review process you will find everywhere
    - Exciting work

Cons

- If you don't learn to make the work life balance work for you, it can be exhausting. But you'll also be given lots of support with this if you ask for it.
    - It doesn't matter how good you are at your job, chances are you're going to be surrounded by a ton of other people who are just as good if not better. Imposter syndrome is real, but if you got an offer, you probably belong here too.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, keep an eye on employee burnout, keep supporting your people and keep pushing them, and the rest of the world, forward.

Facebook Response

Apr 17, 2017 – Director, Global Recruiting Programs and Operations

Thank you for the feedback. From the Life@ benefits and conveniences to the many employee affinity and advice groups, we are all here to support you. If you need additional help, please reach out to... More

"Pleasantly Surprised"

Current Employee - Site Selection Program Manager in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Site Selection Program Manager in Menlo Park, CA

Pros

I'm a 55 year old working in a company where the average age is 28, and I've never been happier. I have always wanted to work in a company where I wasn't the proverbial square peg, and after nearly 30 years in the work force, I believe that I have found the company that complements my ideology for how a company should operate. Here are the "Pros" as I see them...

- Leadership: Mark Zuckerberg, Sheryl Sandberg, Chris Cox and the rest of the leadership team. Inspiring, smart and totally real.
    - The Culture: The openness is a real thing, we're trusted to do the right thing, mistakes are expected, being yourself is important and encouraged, humility is encouraged and expected, building trust is paramount, the mission of making the world a more open and connected place isn't just a cool phrase because it guides everything. It's not about us, it's about everyone else.
    - The People: Smart and nice is what I find. The diversity is better than any other company I've worked at and it's getting better. Those that are figuring out how to make what we do better for everyone are really good at implementing their ideas. Two years ago I didn't know what this company really was or if it had a secure future. I can clearly see now that they have what it takes to last, and it's sincere.
    - Management: Managers are hired because they're good managers and not because they're good at something else. The management track is different than the contributor track and they're equal in importance.
    - Benefits: Working in the Valley it's hard to differentiate all the benefits employees receive and Facebook is at least equal to all the major tech companies, but coming from Seattle the benefits are nothing short of incredible.

Granted, I haven't been with the company for very long and I'm still in the honeymoon period, but I can tell what's real and what's not; this place is for real.

Cons

Like any tech company, the work is big and complicated so work/life balance can suffer from time to time. The difference is that it's the passion within the individuals that drives them to work long hours and forego time off. Of course there can be times when schedule demands force the imbalance, but it's not such that 10-12 hours days become commonplace and expected regardless. We do what we do to get the job done; no one is killing themselves because there's an order to do so.

Being able to eat to your hearts/stomachs content can be dangerous to the waistline, but that's a self-control thing and not the company's issue.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and fight hard to not be complacent. I believe that humility is the key so don't ever lose that thinking. Your motives will always be suspect, but if you're able to look in the mirror everyday and know that your motives are pure, that's all that matters. Walking the talk is the best evidence there is.

Facebook Response

Mar 31, 2016 – Your Friends at Facebook

Thank you for sharing your experience here. We believe our mission-driven community is special, and bringing together people with different backgrounds to work on challenging problems makes us better.

"Designer"

Current Employee - Designer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Designer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Flexibility
    - Autonomy
    - Career growth opportunities
    - Challenging work
    - Smart teammates
    - Amazing benefits
    - Ability to bring your authentic self to work
    - Work rewarded based on impact

Cons

- Accelerated hiring causes growing pains
    - Lack of focus on collaboration causes work to be done in silos

Advice to Management

- Continue transparency in communication
    - Continue to share why the work we do at an individual level contributes to our mission
    - Improve internal communications

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Industry Manager in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Industry Manager in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, pay, leadership team.

Cons

High pressure at times, feels like a 24/7 job.

"Great time to work at Facebook"

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Facebook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Tons of growth, so you're tripping over opportunities to do amazing things here. I'm sure everyone talks about the great benefits, food, commuting options in the Bay, and the general awesomeness of the facilities...but it's all true. I work in the NYC office and absolutely love the building - and everything in it.

Cons

if you need a lot of structure, you're going to need to build it yourself.

"Nowhere else will you find a better company culture"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time

Pros

Freedom to share your thoughts: in fact, the culture encourages feedback and discussion on every aspect of the company. Transparent leadership: the company's leadership openly share their thoughts, and if that's not enough, you may ask about anything during the Friday QA. Strong sense of community: the internal platforms and culture enable supportive, positive discussion. Pick what you want to work on: you get to pick the team that you work on when you're hired. Take charge: if there's anything else you want changed, you are always free to do it yourself (and that includes modifying any part of the codebase)!

And that's not yet having mentioned the best company food, more than flexible work hours, beautiful campus, and a variety of other amazing benefits.

Cons

Building the platforms that enable communities is difficult to get right.

"data science"

I have been working at Facebook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great perks, great outlook, great people

Cons

none really. But the traffic is really bad.

"It's a breath of fresh air."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Facebook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Honestly, as an employee of Facebook you are pampered. They truly care about the well-being of their employees and that is evident in the number of perks and benefits given. It's a breath of fresh air from working elsewhere, especially in Chicago compared to other tech companies. The compensation and benefits are unparallel here.

It's also the most inclusive office I've ever worked in or visited, you don't just hear about the importance of diversity, you see it. And why is that? Because Facebook is so deliberate about the way they grow and they make sure the representation of its community is reflected in its employees.

Despite growing like crazy, Zuckerberg still does weekly chats with the entire company and there isn't a lot of hierarchy here among levels. Even though there has been a lot of negative press lately, there is a such a great level of optimism and forward thinking mentality that morale is still high. It's just as exciting as ever.

Cons

Sometimes it can feel like you're moving a million miles a minute, which can be overwhelming, but no one is ever set up for failure and the level of support is fantastic.

"Recruiting Coordinator (Contract converted to FTE)"

Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Amazing manager, team, and people at this company
    - Free food (lots of options)
    -Free Transportation
    - Very Flexible work schedule
    - Great benefits

Cons

- Not diverse
    - Sometimes working on our internal FB can get distracting (posts, events, etc)
    - Contract vs. FTE is extremely different. You are treated with much more respect as a FTE

Advice to Management

- Sr. Leaders are not very friendly (don't say hi, smile, etc)
    - Be open with head count
    - provide clear guidance for contractors to get converted to FTE

Showing 1,562 of 3,118 reviews