Facebook Reviews | Glassdoor

US - All CitiesFull-timePart-time

4.5

1,166 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Good work-life balance and flexibility" (in 89 reviews)

• "An AMPLE amount of free food is another great perk" (in 243 reviews)

Cons
  • "Tough to find a good work-life balance" (in 263 reviews)

• "Expect to Work Hard in line with the Move Fast mantra that pervades the company ethos" (in 62 reviews)

1. "Best talent/Best place"

Current Employee - Technical Sourcer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Technical Sourcer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Facebook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free breakfast, Free lunch, Free dinner- Only place in Chicago that does this
    They give you all the tools needed for you to be successful in your role.
    You are encouraged to be innovate and bring your ideas to fruition
    You are working for the best recruiting organization in the world.>> So yes! You will have to earn your awesome salary and benefits

Cons

Work Life balance- You are hiring the best of the best. You have to make yourself available for candidate contact if you want to hit goal
    Talent Camp doesn't prepare you for the real role.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to us as we are scaling. The cream of the crop always rises to the top and listen to those who are invested into this company as you are.

"Fast paced company with high expectations, but incredibly fair. You won't a place that cares more about it's people."

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Incredible benefits
    - Excellent compensation that rewards strong performance
    - Lots of autonomy
    - Tons of room for growth
    - Very transparent from the top down
    - Strong leadership
    - Intelligent and caring colleagues
    - The most fair and well thought out review process you will find everywhere
    - Exciting work

Cons

- If you don't learn to make the work life balance work for you, it can be exhausting. But you'll also be given lots of support with this if you ask for it.
    - It doesn't matter how good you are at your job, chances are you're going to be surrounded by a ton of other people who are just as good if not better. Imposter syndrome is real, but if you got an offer, you probably belong here too.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, keep an eye on employee burnout, keep supporting your people and keep pushing them, and the rest of the world, forward.

Facebook Response

Apr 17, 2017 – Director, Global Recruiting Programs and Operations

Thank you for the feedback. From the Life@ benefits and conveniences to the many employee affinity and advice groups, we are all here to support you. If you need additional help, please reach out to... More

"Pleasantly Surprised"

Current Employee - Site Selection Program Manager in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Site Selection Program Manager in Menlo Park, CA

Pros

I'm a 55 year old working in a company where the average age is 28, and I've never been happier. I have always wanted to work in a company where I wasn't the proverbial square peg, and after nearly 30 years in the work force, I believe that I have found the company that complements my ideology for how a company should operate. Here are the "Pros" as I see them...

- Leadership: Mark Zuckerberg, Sheryl Sandberg, Chris Cox and the rest of the leadership team. Inspiring, smart and totally real.
    - The Culture: The openness is a real thing, we're trusted to do the right thing, mistakes are expected, being yourself is important and encouraged, humility is encouraged and expected, building trust is paramount, the mission of making the world a more open and connected place isn't just a cool phrase because it guides everything. It's not about us, it's about everyone else.
    - The People: Smart and nice is what I find. The diversity is better than any other company I've worked at and it's getting better. Those that are figuring out how to make what we do better for everyone are really good at implementing their ideas. Two years ago I didn't know what this company really was or if it had a secure future. I can clearly see now that they have what it takes to last, and it's sincere.
    - Management: Managers are hired because they're good managers and not because they're good at something else. The management track is different than the contributor track and they're equal in importance.
    - Benefits: Working in the Valley it's hard to differentiate all the benefits employees receive and Facebook is at least equal to all the major tech companies, but coming from Seattle the benefits are nothing short of incredible.

Granted, I haven't been with the company for very long and I'm still in the honeymoon period, but I can tell what's real and what's not; this place is for real.

Cons

Like any tech company, the work is big and complicated so work/life balance can suffer from time to time. The difference is that it's the passion within the individuals that drives them to work long hours and forego time off. Of course there can be times when schedule demands force the imbalance, but it's not such that 10-12 hours days become commonplace and expected regardless. We do what we do to get the job done; no one is killing themselves because there's an order to do so.

Being able to eat to your hearts/stomachs content can be dangerous to the waistline, but that's a self-control thing and not the company's issue.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and fight hard to not be complacent. I believe that humility is the key so don't ever lose that thinking. Your motives will always be suspect, but if you're able to look in the mirror everyday and know that your motives are pure, that's all that matters. Walking the talk is the best evidence there is.

Facebook Response

Mar 31, 2016 – Your Friends at Facebook

Thank you for sharing your experience here. We believe our mission-driven community is special, and bringing together people with different backgrounds to work on challenging problems makes us better.

"It's not only talk"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Facebook hires extremely intelligent, driven and kind people who truly buy into the vision to only do good things in the world. So happy I joined the Facebook family.

Cons

The only cons are that there aren't more remote working opportunities and no onsite childcare.

Advice to Management

Consider more flexible working options.

5. "The honeymoon never ends at FB!"

Current Employee - Talent Scout-University Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Talent Scout-University Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Facebook has a great culture and even better values. They encourage their employees to be bold, move fast and be their true selves at work.

Cons

No complaints or cons with FB

Advice to Management

Less meetings, but you can't really get around those.

6. "Challenging work with incredible growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

We work on problems that impact over 2 billion people and given how much we are growing, the scaling issues are second to none and so you grow your kills and careers here much more quickly than elsewhere.

Cons

While challenge can be great, it can be tiring but i feel recognized and satisfied by the impact I am having here.

Advice to Management

keep hiring the world's best for us to work with!

7. "Great place to be at"

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Highly encouraging environment and great benefits. They take good care of their employees.

Cons

You wont be able to like any other place

8. "One of the better big companies"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Facebook full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

High caliber coworkers. Great benefits. Smart and dedicated leadership.

Cons

It's become a big company so it's increasingly difficult to move fast.

"Best place to work!"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Menlo Park, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Transparent company
    - Great pay
    - Flexible schedule
    - Overtime for admins
    - Best benefits!

Cons

- High pressure
    - Can be long hours

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Facebook takes care of everything for you so you can focus on your job. Free food, gyms, wellness benefits, onsite wellness centers, amazing maternity/paternity benefits, dry cleaning and the list GOES ON. The work is challenging and growth potential is high.

Cons

Like at any company, it all depends who you report to. Some managers are better than others and some employee are better suited to work with certain managers.

Showing 1,492 of 2,934 reviews