Facebook Reviews | Glassdoor

4.6

1,085 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • work life balance is pretty tough to maintain (in 247 reviews)

• s move fast and break things culture can sometimes be chaotic (in 59 reviews)

1. "🔥"

Current Employee - Product Designer in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Product Designer in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As an employee, you'll feel completely taken care of.

Cons

Fear of underperforming and some struggle maintaining work/life balance.

"Fast paced company with high expectations, but incredibly fair. You won't a place that cares more about it's people."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Incredible benefits
    - Excellent compensation that rewards strong performance
    - Lots of autonomy
    - Tons of room for growth
    - Very transparent from the top down
    - Strong leadership
    - Intelligent and caring colleagues
    - The most fair and well thought out review process you will find everywhere
    - Exciting work

Cons

- If you don't learn to make the work life balance work for you, it can be exhausting. But you'll also be given lots of support with this if you ask for it.
    - It doesn't matter how good you are at your job, chances are you're going to be surrounded by a ton of other people who are just as good if not better. Imposter syndrome is real, but if you got an offer, you probably belong here too.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, keep an eye on employee burnout, keep supporting your people and keep pushing them, and the rest of the world, forward.

Facebook Response

Apr 17, 2017 – Director, Global Recruiting Programs and Operations

Thank you for the feedback. From the Life@ benefits and conveniences to the many employee affinity and advice groups, we are all here to support you. If you need additional help, please reach out to... More

"Pleasantly Surprised"

Current Employee - Site Selection Program Manager in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Site Selection Program Manager in Menlo Park, CA

Pros

I'm a 55 year old working in a company where the average age is 28, and I've never been happier. I have always wanted to work in a company where I wasn't the proverbial square peg, and after nearly 30 years in the work force, I believe that I have found the company that complements my ideology for how a company should operate. Here are the "Pros" as I see them...

- Leadership: Mark Zuckerberg, Sheryl Sandberg, Chris Cox and the rest of the leadership team. Inspiring, smart and totally real.
    - The Culture: The openness is a real thing, we're trusted to do the right thing, mistakes are expected, being yourself is important and encouraged, humility is encouraged and expected, building trust is paramount, the mission of making the world a more open and connected place isn't just a cool phrase because it guides everything. It's not about us, it's about everyone else.
    - The People: Smart and nice is what I find. The diversity is better than any other company I've worked at and it's getting better. Those that are figuring out how to make what we do better for everyone are really good at implementing their ideas. Two years ago I didn't know what this company really was or if it had a secure future. I can clearly see now that they have what it takes to last, and it's sincere.
    - Management: Managers are hired because they're good managers and not because they're good at something else. The management track is different than the contributor track and they're equal in importance.
    - Benefits: Working in the Valley it's hard to differentiate all the benefits employees receive and Facebook is at least equal to all the major tech companies, but coming from Seattle the benefits are nothing short of incredible.

Granted, I haven't been with the company for very long and I'm still in the honeymoon period, but I can tell what's real and what's not; this place is for real.

Cons

Like any tech company, the work is big and complicated so work/life balance can suffer from time to time. The difference is that it's the passion within the individuals that drives them to work long hours and forego time off. Of course there can be times when schedule demands force the imbalance, but it's not such that 10-12 hours days become commonplace and expected regardless. We do what we do to get the job done; no one is killing themselves because there's an order to do so.

Being able to eat to your hearts/stomachs content can be dangerous to the waistline, but that's a self-control thing and not the company's issue.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and fight hard to not be complacent. I believe that humility is the key so don't ever lose that thinking. Your motives will always be suspect, but if you're able to look in the mirror everyday and know that your motives are pure, that's all that matters. Walking the talk is the best evidence there is.

Facebook Response

Mar 31, 2016 – Your Friends at Facebook

Thank you for sharing your experience here. We believe our mission-driven community is special, and bringing together people with different backgrounds to work on challenging problems makes us better.

"A place like no other"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Facebook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Quite possibly the best benefits of any company in the U.S
    - 3 meals a day
    - You get to work on challenging problems at a an enormous scale
    - Autonomy to work on the things you want
    - You work with some of amazing infrastructure tools to make your workflow as efficient as possible. If an industry tool can't keep up with Facebook's scale, they'll just engineer its own solution. I think that speaks to its engineering culture.
    - You work with some of the smartest people in the industry.
    - An extremely open culture that's very self critical of itself.

Cons

- Depending on the team you join, work life balance can be less than adequate. This is flexible however. If you seek help, you'll get it. I think its somewhat imbued within the facebook culture to work as hard as possible to make as much impact as possible. It's really up to you to communicate WLB issues, if it exists, to your team and manager to make it work for you. I don't think people here are generally working hard to outcompete one another. It's just that everyone is super intelligent and are hard workers in general before they joined facebook.

"Unbelievable company I'm proud to work for"

Current Employee - Client Solutions Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Client Solutions Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Facebook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

*Incredible upper management that inspire you everyday
    *Company truly exudes and practices the principles that are preached
    *Transparency and opportunity to voice your own opinions
    *Flexible hours and amazing benefits
    *At FB you learn something new every day and work with top-notch coworkers and people

Cons

I do not have any cons at this time

"Dream Company!"

Current Employee - Technical Sourcer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Technical Sourcer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Facebook full-time

Pros

Excellent Benefits - in particular healthcare, sabbaticals, wellness subsidy, drycleaning, adoption, childcare subsidy, the list goes one and on....
    There is plenty of good food (watch your weight tho! lol)
    Open and honest communication from Mark and Sr Leadership Team
    You work with really smart people

Cons

You work with extremely smart so there is pressure to perform - as there should since you are getting paid VERY well and receiving phenomenal benefits. The expectations at the company are reasonable, so if anything this is more self inflected.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing - you rock!

7. "Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Engineers are trusted with a lot of freedom.

Cons

It’s move fast and break things culture can sometimes be chaotic.

Advice to Management

Some important decisions should be more carefully evaluated before pushing through.

"Awesome place!"

Current Employee - Senior Production Engineer in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Production Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People are smart and friendly.

Cons

The press hates us and users don't trust us.

Advice to Management

None.

9. "Manager, Enterprise Engineering"

Current Employee - Manager, Enterprise Engineering in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Manager, Enterprise Engineering in Austin, TX

I have been working at Facebook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fantastic environment! Awesome people! Great food! Extremely supportive! Unbelievable Tech!

Cons

Large tech stack to learn that is still Facebook specific in many cases even though much has been open sourced. More outdated documentation exists than I would like.

"Amazing place to work!"

Current Employee - User Experience Researcher in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - User Experience Researcher in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work with smart, kind people and get to spend my time working on projects that i'm passionate about.

Cons

N/A - it's a great place to work!

Showing 1,394 of 2,705 reviews