Facebook Reviews | Glassdoor

1,273 reviews

US - All Cities

4.4

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great work-life balance (this depends on teams)" (in 101 reviews)

• "Amazing benefits for Full Time Employees including free food, stipends for gym memberships & free dry cleaning" (in 272 reviews)

Cons
  • "Some teams have poor work life balance" (in 298 reviews)

• "Move fast culture can sometimes mean no incentives to clean up tech debt" (in 69 reviews)

1. "Fantastic workplace for motivated employees"

Current Employee - Risk Analyst in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Risk Analyst in Austin, TX

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing benefits, flexible work schedules (team dependent), fast paced, dynamic, great experience.

Cons

It's fast paced. If you get stressed easily, this workplace will burn you out.

"Fast paced company with high expectations, but incredibly fair. You won't a place that cares more about it's people."

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Incredible benefits
    - Excellent compensation that rewards strong performance
    - Lots of autonomy
    - Tons of room for growth
    - Very transparent from the top down
    - Strong leadership
    - Intelligent and caring colleagues
    - The most fair and well thought out review process you will find everywhere
    - Exciting work

Cons

- If you don't learn to make the work life balance work for you, it can be exhausting. But you'll also be given lots of support with this if you ask for it.
    - It doesn't matter how good you are at your job, chances are you're going to be surrounded by a ton of other people who are just as good if not better. Imposter syndrome is real, but if you got an offer, you probably belong here too.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, keep an eye on employee burnout, keep supporting your people and keep pushing them, and the rest of the world, forward.

Facebook Response

Apr 17, 2017 – Director, Global Recruiting Programs and Operations

Thank you for the feedback. From the Life@ benefits and conveniences to the many employee affinity and advice groups, we are all here to support you. If you need additional help, please reach out to... More

"Pleasantly Surprised"

Current Employee - Site Selection Program Manager in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Site Selection Program Manager in Menlo Park, CA

Pros

I'm a 55 year old working in a company where the average age is 28, and I've never been happier. I have always wanted to work in a company where I wasn't the proverbial square peg, and after nearly 30 years in the work force, I believe that I have found the company that complements my ideology for how a company should operate. Here are the "Pros" as I see them...

- Leadership: Mark Zuckerberg, Sheryl Sandberg, Chris Cox and the rest of the leadership team. Inspiring, smart and totally real.
    - The Culture: The openness is a real thing, we're trusted to do the right thing, mistakes are expected, being yourself is important and encouraged, humility is encouraged and expected, building trust is paramount, the mission of making the world a more open and connected place isn't just a cool phrase because it guides everything. It's not about us, it's about everyone else.
    - The People: Smart and nice is what I find. The diversity is better than any other company I've worked at and it's getting better. Those that are figuring out how to make what we do better for everyone are really good at implementing their ideas. Two years ago I didn't know what this company really was or if it had a secure future. I can clearly see now that they have what it takes to last, and it's sincere.
    - Management: Managers are hired because they're good managers and not because they're good at something else. The management track is different than the contributor track and they're equal in importance.
    - Benefits: Working in the Valley it's hard to differentiate all the benefits employees receive and Facebook is at least equal to all the major tech companies, but coming from Seattle the benefits are nothing short of incredible.

Granted, I haven't been with the company for very long and I'm still in the honeymoon period, but I can tell what's real and what's not; this place is for real.

Cons

Like any tech company, the work is big and complicated so work/life balance can suffer from time to time. The difference is that it's the passion within the individuals that drives them to work long hours and forego time off. Of course there can be times when schedule demands force the imbalance, but it's not such that 10-12 hours days become commonplace and expected regardless. We do what we do to get the job done; no one is killing themselves because there's an order to do so.

Being able to eat to your hearts/stomachs content can be dangerous to the waistline, but that's a self-control thing and not the company's issue.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and fight hard to not be complacent. I believe that humility is the key so don't ever lose that thinking. Your motives will always be suspect, but if you're able to look in the mirror everyday and know that your motives are pure, that's all that matters. Walking the talk is the best evidence there is.

Facebook Response

Mar 31, 2016 – Your Friends at Facebook

Thank you for sharing your experience here. We believe our mission-driven community is special, and bringing together people with different backgrounds to work on challenging problems makes us better.

"Transparent Meritocracy"

Former Employee - Product Manager in Menlo Park, CA
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Facebook full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Felt like I was always being judged by the merits of my arguments
    - Great managers
    - Inspiring people to work with
    - Impact

Cons

- Makes every other job feel less rocket ship y

Advice to Management

- Continue to focus on making sure great talent is listened to and heard

5. "Still a fantastic place to work"

Current Employee - User Experience Researcher in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - User Experience Researcher in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- The people are very caring and smart
    - Great culture of management
    - Great perks
    - Good work life balance

Cons

- PR cycle
    - Commute to SF

6. "Awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Top notch pay and benefits (free food, drycleaning, ample PTO, supportive colleagues). Opportunity to make an impact in a growing company

Cons

Problems are tough due to scale, but they are interesting too!

"Keeping the "Bar" high"

Current Employee - Chef in Prineville, OR
    Current Employee - Chef in Prineville, OR

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Appreciative company that is actually making a positive impact. Everything we do is dominated by the decisions to do what is "right," in a world where so many companies take the easy way out.

Cons

Obviously it is a large company with lots of moving parts so sometimes there are efficiency issues, but we are always learning and improving and I think that is the key takeaway.

Advice to Management

Keep ignoring the haters and focusing on our impact.

"AVOID FB, incompetent management, bias against women"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

all the industry perks (food, 401k matching, shuttles, etc.). Smart colleagues to learn from and work with.

Cons

It’s just awful inside FB and no one seems to be talking about it. The company is full of self-inflicted wounds and senior leadership (Mark, Sheryl) live in an absolute impenetrable bubble of privilege and cluelessness. Performance review process is painful and horribly biased and downright unprofessional. The company values intellect over being decent people and that’s led to the place being riddled with smart jerks. Senior management continuously surprised when employees vocally call out their callousness and ineptitude. It’s painful to watch and painful to work there.

Advice to Management

I don’t think any advice I could give you would help. Many people are very unhappy.

"Amazing company"

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's exciting to build new products and features that millions of people use around the world.
    Fantastic coworkers and fancy offices to hang out in. The company really makes an effort to take care of us.

Cons

The company grows and moves so fast that it's difficult to keep up with all that's going on.

"Awesome place to be"

Current Employee - Compensation Consultant in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Compensation Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at Facebook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The moment one steps inside Facebook, they immediately know something is different here. There is a positive energy within the offices and all the employees walking about them. This was the feeling I had six months ago when I joined Facebook, and still reflects my feelings today. These people practice what they preach...they are delivering platforms and tools to build community and bring the world closer together, period.

Cons

I just wish I had arrived here sooner!