Facebook Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 1362 reviews

4.3

"Technical Sourcer"

Current Employee - Technical Sourcer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits and work perks. Fantastic people and free breakfast, lunch and dinner isn’t bad either! Also, metrics are very reasonable, “offers extended are the expectation for sourcers not offers accepted which is great.

Cons

Sourcing here can be challenging, as we are regionalized in a sense and almost all great candidates in your regions are “claimed.” I recruit senior software engineers and they’re hard enough to come by as it is. I understand this long cycle of 6 months is for candidate experience but it makes it difficult for a new recruiter to ramp up and basically have to wait for “shared” candidates to come around or be extremely creative...

Facebook2019-06-10

"Fast paced company with high expectations, but incredibly fair. You won't a place that cares more about it's people."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Incredible benefits - Excellent compensation that rewards strong performance - Lots of autonomy - Tons of room for growth - Very transparent from the top down - Strong leadership - Intelligent and caring colleagues - The most fair and well thought out review process you will find everywhere - Exciting work

Cons

- If you don't learn to make the work life balance work for you, it can be exhausting. But you'll also be given lots of support with this if you ask for it. - It doesn't matter how good you are at your job, chances are you're going to be surrounded by a ton of other people who are just as good if not better. Imposter syndrome is real, but if you got an offer, you probably belong here too.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, keep an eye on employee burnout, keep supporting your people and keep pushing them, and the rest of the world, forward.

Facebook2017-02-17

Facebook Response

April 17, 2017Director, Global Recruiting Programs and Operations

Thank you for the feedback. From the Life@ benefits and conveniences to the many employee affinity and advice groups, we are all here to support you. If you need additional help, please reach out to your HR Business Partner.

"Pleasantly Surprised"

Current Employee - Site Selection Program Manager in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

I'm a 55 year old working in a company where the average age is 28, and I've never been happier. I have always wanted to work in a company where I wasn't the proverbial square peg, and after nearly 30 years in the work force, I believe that I have found the company that complements my ideology for how a company should operate. Here are the "Pros" as I see them... - Leadership: Mark Zuckerberg, Sheryl Sandberg, Chris...

Cons

Like any tech company, the work is big and complicated so work/life balance can suffer from time to time. The difference is that it's the passion within the individuals that drives them to work long hours and forego time off. Of course there can be times when schedule demands force the imbalance, but it's not such that 10-12 hours days become commonplace and expected regardless. We do what we do to get the job done; no...

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and fight hard to not be complacent. I believe that humility is the key so don't ever lose that thinking. Your motives will always be suspect, but if you're able to look in the mirror everyday and know that your motives are pure, that's all that matters. Walking the talk is the best evidence there is.

Facebook2016-02-17

Facebook Response

March 31, 2016Your Friends at Facebook

Thank you for sharing your experience here. We believe our mission-driven community is special, and bringing together people with different backgrounds to work on challenging problems makes us better.

"Still Awesome Place to Work"

Current Employee - Manager in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Worldclass benefits and perks; super smart colleagues; flexible work environment; challenging projects with immense benefits

Cons

Building consistent methodologies as the company grows

Advice to Management

Keep things smooth

Facebook2019-06-05

"great place to work at"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at Facebook full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You get appreciated for the work you put (through feedback, bonuses and promotions). Relatively low level of b.s.. Impact driven company

Cons

work life balance. 6 months evaluation cycle that pushes people to focus a lot on short term impact

Facebook2019-05-29

"Great experience, very dependent on team/manager"

Current Employee - Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time

Pros

- Fast paced environment that instills ruthless prioritization into you veins - Interesting projects/challenges that you'll probably encounter across many teams - Perks + benefits are hard to beat -- they really do try their best at making you not worry about anything else

Cons

Nothing company wide but if you end up w/ a mediocre manager/lead, be prepared to fight your own battles(something you'll find in almost every job w/ a company of this size)

Facebook2019-05-17
    • "Worth it"

Former Employee - Associate Director in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Facebook full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work with really bright people You're given a lot of opportunities for growth

Cons

It's becoming more and more corporate Regulations has management on edge

Facebook2019-06-14

"Great company to give you experience and a big career boost, but not sustainable long-term"

Former Employee - User Experience Researcher in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

- The benefits: free food, laundry, shuttle transportation, business class on international flights, full health, dental, vision, decent 401k plan w/match - The things that you will learn and trainings you can take, you can learn from the best in the business. -Depending on your team and manager, you can have a lot of autonomy on projects.

Cons

- Bad press affects the entire company and morale (morale is really low right now) - Researcher pay is a joke (especially when considering equity). - Recent culture shift as they are hiring more and more people who are not authentic and expect too much. - They care more about the business needs than they do about the employees.

Facebook2019-05-22

"bad time to be here."

Current Employee - Design Manager in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

You can coast along and go with the flow. nice offices and food and benefits

Cons

- frantic, reactionary leadership - chaotic & random decision making - hard if you want to actually want to accomplish something and have not been there a while to understand the messy org - senior long time entrenched leaders are so political and not super competent. - lots of great people leaving now - most employees are quite junior in skill, generally just do what they are told and have to be guided.

Facebook2019-05-29
    • "Great place to learn and grow. Fast paced but it can take its toll on you"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

Fast paced learning Great coworkers Good career progression

Cons

High stress Bad work life balance Company has bad press

Facebook2019-06-08