Facebook User operations Reviews | Glassdoor

user operationsCurrent Employees

4.7

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work-life balance can be an issue (in 211 reviews)

• Work-life balance: pressure to move fast (in 57 reviews)

"Great people, great place to learn, not so great salary."

Current Employee - User Operations Analyst in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - User Operations Analyst in Austin, TX

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The learning opportunity at Facebook is huge. You have so many resources available to you. For new grads, you have the opportunity to treat Facebook like a pseudo-grad-school. The people are awesome and the perks make you comfortable.

Cons

Salaries are low. People are mainly driven by passion here, but once they reach a certain skill level they leave.

Advice to Management

More incentive to keep people around would be good.

"Great culture, attitude and vision."

Current Employee - User Operations in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - User Operations in Austin, TX

I have been working at Facebook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sharp, genuine, driven people everywhere. The company and leadership truly want to make the world a better place. Healthy and fun work atmosphere enables people to reach their potential. Employees empowered take chances and make a real impact.

Cons

So far, zero. I work in a medium sized office, and I have a hard time coming up with any significant con to list.

"Transparency. Trust. Compassion. Food."

Current Employee - User Operations Associate
    Current Employee - User Operations Associate

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Facebook truly values the important things in life (to me, at least).

- The culture and dialog is open about everything. Whether it's with your manager, on your team or concerning a company wide issue.
    - The amount of power entrusted to employees is huge. You are empowered to go explore and find data, build things, and generally chose the course of action you think will have the most impact.
    - Managers force you to go home if you're not feeling well. Miss your kid's all star game to stay at work and you'll get weird looks. Perform your core function well and you have so much leeway in how you spend your time - (how it should be, right?)
    - The food is so good.

Cons

- Sometimes it's momentarily discouraging surrounded by such smart, driven, all-around awesome people. And it can be harder to stand out for excellence (despite internal commitment to acknowledging successes in public and private).
    - On occasion the community can be overly sensitive

Advice to Management

- Focus on being transparent with users
    - Simplicity should be a major pillar of the vast majority of new products
    - Keep the user first in all decisions

4. "The BEST company I have ever worked for"

Current Contractor - User Operations Contractor in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Contractor - User Operations Contractor in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

-Amazing free food, fully stocked kitchens
    -Open and transparent environment
    -Management that truly cares about their employees
    -Free bikes around campus
    -Beautiful campus that makes me want to live at work
    -A very fun and exciting workplace suitable for young people
    -The culture motivates innovation
    -High pay
    -Working for the BEST CEO of all time!

Cons

-contractors are only limited to working at FB for a year, and must wait 3 months to come back

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Amazing speed, amazing people, amazing job"

Current Employee - User Operations Analyst in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Pros

The best reason to work at FB is definitely the people who work there. I've made so many friends and everybody are friendly to each other. Also they are actually intelligent people. I mean, even the cook was a student! :-)
    BTW cook, the food is for free and I love it.
    Free food and drinks (even Red Bull and ice cream on summer).
    Nice parties on top of the roof. OMG. The bbq was awesome.

Cons

Paper plates and plastic spoons etc. I dislike!
    Salary is ok. I should have asked for more. Oh well.

Advice to Management

Cancel all meetings. :-)

6. "Best company to work for!"

Current Employee - User Operations in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's so much fun to work for Facebook. Amazing perks and benefits. Free breakfast, lunch, dinner. They respect your work style - no set start/end times. Culture built on feedback, all levels are very receptive to listen to your opinion. no bureaucracy, transparent, impactful

Cons

I really can't think of any downside. It's all I can ask from a company, there's no other place I'd rather work for.

"The best job I have ever had"

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture. Management genuinely cares about staff happiness, career pathing, growth and personal development. As the company scales, you get a sense that everyone wants to retain the hack culture, the ability to move fast and to avoid bureaucratic systems, while offering opportunities to everyone and avoid any 'hand-picking' and keeping company politics to a minimum. The working environment is collaborative, open and focused on impact.

People. Some of the smartest people I have ever had a chance to deal with. Hard-working, fun, collaborative, creative and driven. They are not all made from the same mold and diversity is important. In Dublin, I love the multicultural environment, it is respectful of everyone's culture and creates a great vibe around the office.

Perks. Alright so the initial salary is not the highest compared to other companies I have worked for. However, the 6 monthly bonuses (performance based), stock, salary adjustment every year, free healthy delicious food all day really add up. I have had higher base salaries in previous jobs, but going to work every day without fearing what the day brings, and lower stress-levels are just priceless. Also put in the Irish/Dublin context (very very grim unemployment figures), it is a solid job with career prospects.

What we do. Putting aside the people, the cool office and many perks, I really love what I do. We support hundreds of million users across EMEA/Latin America, and working on such a scale is inspiring. I feel immensely proud of what we are achieving every day.

Cons

Work life balance can be at times poor. No one is really putting a gun to my head to work this hard, but I feel a sense of duty to our teams and our users.

As the company scale, I have seen some office politics creeping up here and there. I also hate the sense of entitlement that pops up every now and then.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Please don't let us become Google.

"Awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Team Leader User Operations in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Team Leader User Operations in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are so many cool things to say about where I work. I am an ex-Googler and I have had great expeirences in both companies but I would have to honestly say leaving Google to come to Facebook has been the best decision I ever made.

We are all so busy, there is no time for politics and BS. We are solving huge problems and the work we do is played out on such a huge scale. Having this level of impact and being part of a relatively tiny team means you can really feel the value of the work you do. I love that we do not hyper hire, I love the fact that we hire such great people, people with a sense of purpose and some of the smartest people I have ever had the pleasure to work with.

WE have great amenities as well. Everything you need is here at the office. People don't mind coming into work, people are genuinely happy to be here and you cannot fake this atmosphere.

Feedback is well received and management do an awesome job of actioning this and listening to employees.

Cons

The salary is not the highest I have ever had but the perks, bonus, annual salary and stock reviews etc make this better and there is an emphasis on performance based increases, so hard work is really well rewarded.

Its a fast moving place which I also love but can be challenging as things we work on can change quickly so you need to be super adaptable but the dynamic nature of the role and the company makes it interesting and never dull.

Advice to Management

keep up the good work, keep listening and keep shipping!!! :)

"Perfect working environment"

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Talented people with very unconventional working style. People are creative, and professional. Furthermore, it keeps you out of stress and focus on the work at the highest efficiency. Everyone is friendly and the most importantly is the diversity at Facebook is the key to explore to power.

Cons

None. Because I can't find any place work better than here. this is why it is voted as the best place to work.

"Analyst"

Current Employee - User Operations Analyst in Hyderabad (India)
    Current Employee - User Operations Analyst in Hyderabad (India)

I have been working at Facebook (More than a year)

Pros

friendly environment
    amazing culture , food

Cons

not a full time position

Showing 18 of 2,401 reviews