Facebook User operations Reviews | Glassdoor

Facebook user operations Reviews

user operations

Pros
Cons
  • Work/Life balance could be better (in 174 reviews)

• Work-life balance: pressure to move fast (in 47 reviews)

"Best place to start your career"

Current Employee - User Operations Analyst

Pros

You set your own goals, you initiate your own projects, as long as you deliver all of them, you're on the right track. Apart from that, remember, you're the average of 5 people you surround yourself with. Imagine surrounding yourself with bright minded people.

Cons

Difficult to maintain work life balance

"Analyst"

Current Employee - User Operations Analyst in Hyderabad (India)
    Current Employee - User Operations Analyst in Hyderabad (India)

I have been working at Facebook (More than a year)

Pros

friendly environment
    amazing culture , food

Cons

not a full time position

"Not a place if your ever down, or suffer with mental health. You gotta be 100% positive or they'll get rid of you or simply say, you're not ready for the next level."

Current Employee - User Operations Analyst

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free food, travel and laptop... People are nice but people managers have to be rootless.

Cons

People managers don't care if your suffering with being down, if this is effecting your performance Facebook isn't the place for you. They'll push you out and won't care to listen to you.

Advice to Management

Be more HUMAN

Facebook Response

Jul 10, 2015 – Your Friends at Facebook

Sorry to hear that you didn't get the level of support you expected. Thank you for taking the time to give us your honest feedback. We care deeply about our people and go above and beyond to provide ... More

"Perfect working environment"

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Talented people with very unconventional working style. People are creative, and professional. Furthermore, it keeps you out of stress and focus on the work at the highest efficiency. Everyone is friendly and the most importantly is the diversity at Facebook is the key to explore to power.

Cons

None. Because I can't find any place work better than here. this is why it is voted as the best place to work.

"Part of the Online Revolution"

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-The diversity of the people (we have people coming from all over the world and it really helps knowing how to work with different backgrounds)
    -The culture
    -The Food

Cons

-So many things to focus on, can get you lost
    -Career opportunities inside and outside of Facebook (unless you're in Eng)

Advice to Management

Focus on Career within the company, hiring from outside of the company is killing it. We like our employees but don't focus much on building their own careers which is one of the reasons we don't have a very strong TAT in some departments.

"An average experience"

Current Employee - Analyst, User Operations in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Analyst, User Operations in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- You get to work on pretty much whatever you suggest
    - Good benefits

Cons

- Because people get to work on whatever they feel like there are a lot of resources that are wasted
    - There is a lot of core work. Eg. You have to get through x amounts of requests from users per days

Advice to Management

There does not seem to be any plan as to where or how anybody can make a career on Facebook, in particular in User Operations in Dublin as the management team seems to not have put much thought into career development.

"The best job I have ever had"

Current Employee - User Operations in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - User Operations in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture. Management genuinely cares about staff happiness, career pathing, growth and personal development. As the company scales, you get a sense that everyone wants to retain the hack culture, the ability to move fast and to avoid bureaucratic systems, while offering opportunities to everyone and avoid any 'hand-picking' and keeping company politics to a minimum. The working environment is collaborative, open and focused on impact.

People. Some of the smartest people I have ever had a chance to deal with. Hard-working, fun, collaborative, creative and driven. They are not all made from the same mold and diversity is important. In Dublin, I love the multicultural environment, it is respectful of everyone's culture and creates a great vibe around the office.

Perks. Alright so the initial salary is not the highest compared to other companies I have worked for. However, the 6 monthly bonuses (performance based), stock, salary adjustment every year, free healthy delicious food all day really add up. I have had higher base salaries in previous jobs, but going to work every day without fearing what the day brings, and lower stress-levels are just priceless. Also put in the Irish/Dublin context (very very grim unemployment figures), it is a solid job with career prospects.

What we do. Putting aside the people, the cool office and many perks, I really love what I do. We support hundreds of million users across EMEA/Latin America, and working on such a scale is inspiring. I feel immensely proud of what we are achieving every day.

Cons

Work life balance can be at times poor. No one is really putting a gun to my head to work this hard, but I feel a sense of duty to our teams and our users.

As the company scale, I have seen some office politics creeping up here and there. I also hate the sense of entitlement that pops up every now and then.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Please don't let us become Google.

"Awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Team Leader User Operations in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Team Leader User Operations in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are so many cool things to say about where I work. I am an ex-Googler and I have had great expeirences in both companies but I would have to honestly say leaving Google to come to Facebook has been the best decision I ever made.

We are all so busy, there is no time for politics and BS. We are solving huge problems and the work we do is played out on such a huge scale. Having this level of impact and being part of a relatively tiny team means you can really feel the value of the work you do. I love that we do not hyper hire, I love the fact that we hire such great people, people with a sense of purpose and some of the smartest people I have ever had the pleasure to work with.

WE have great amenities as well. Everything you need is here at the office. People don't mind coming into work, people are genuinely happy to be here and you cannot fake this atmosphere.

Feedback is well received and management do an awesome job of actioning this and listening to employees.

Cons

The salary is not the highest I have ever had but the perks, bonus, annual salary and stock reviews etc make this better and there is an emphasis on performance based increases, so hard work is really well rewarded.

Its a fast moving place which I also love but can be challenging as things we work on can change quickly so you need to be super adaptable but the dynamic nature of the role and the company makes it interesting and never dull.

Advice to Management

keep up the good work, keep listening and keep shipping!!! :)

"Awesome place to work"

Current Employee - User Operations Specialist in Hyderabad (India)
    Current Employee - User Operations Specialist in Hyderabad (India)

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We work with some of the best brains in the industry and also get to interact with highly learned and experienced people. Work culture is awesome.

Cons

Free food and calories :)

Advice to Management

Continue to be open and help in maintaining the flat org culture

"Great company to work for, good benefits and overall amazing place to learn"

Former Contractor - User Operations Analyst in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Contractor - User Operations Analyst in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Facebook as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The canteen has gorgeous food, the people are great and talented, there are company events and free t-shirts every once in a while

Cons

Some people tend to have an air of moral superiority about them because they work for Facebook

Advice to Management

Treat the contractors and permanent staff equally

Showing 25 of 1,961 reviews