Facebook Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

1,984 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work-life balance can be an issue (in 217 reviews)

• Work-life balance: pressure to move fast (in 58 reviews)

"community standards team"

I worked at Facebook full-time

Pros

none. they allowed many things that were not good and that was why i left

Cons

they allowed team members to descriminate against members.. to punish members for violations of community standards, that were not violations, because friends of theirs had reported posts, yet allow their friends to post obvious violations with absolutelyno repurcussions.

Advice to Management

stop allowing community standards team members to practice favoritism when friends report others or are reported. i have seen it firsthand. it happens every day.

"Work life balance is bad"

Pros

good free food, good campus, good perks, good show off :P

Cons

too much work. People work too much. Some people are arrogant as well. Full of people who like to show off on FB by having pic on like button or some personality

Advice to Management

Don't be harsh on employee. Please understand there is life outside work

"Program Manager"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Menlo Park, CA

Pros

Good Benefits, Beautiful Campus, Good Food. The company really does a good job of providing every resource you need to do your job.

Cons

If you want to devote 50+ hrs a week to helping your Aunt Ginny post photos of her cat all so that Frito Lay can sell more Cheetos; then it's where you need to be. Nothing more than a sophisticated digital billboard slinging crap we don't need. Working at Facebook is like shoving a handful of Jolly Ranchers in your mouth while drinking orange soda; sickeningly sweet and eventually regrettable.

Advice to Management

Invest in leader development programs. Facebook is a prime example of Putt's Law in action.

"facebook software developer"

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in San Jose, CA

Pros

I think the employees there are prominent, the salary is good and I learnt much. I like its product and creativity.

Cons

but the hr is not so good. The food there is so-so. The environment is not charming. So I decide to other companies.

Advice to Management

hr should be good to us. manage should not be too hashed. The managers are not honesty enough, sometime they can't do sometime they promise to.

"Software Engineer"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No Pros for the people join in after ipo.

Cons

No work life balance, culture is so bad. It almost squeezed you all your time and give you a great pressure.

Advice to Management

Need to change the culture to be more friendly to the engineer.

"Intern"

Pros

Big Name. Big Name. Big Name. Big Name. Big Name.

Cons

Not good employees, rude managers, just so so cultures.

"Not a Diverse Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great employment brand and perks

Cons

Was attracted to FB because of its Diversity message but it was a sad illusion. I'm HIspanic and women and since I joined the company they put me this HIspanic tag. Don't feel included by my peers and even by my manager, who is a global leader. Internally the company believes they include the people but never dare to deeply talk about the non inclusive culture we have here (Maning Bias training and tribes are only the top of this iceberg). Some Latinos friend already left the company and I might be the next.

Advice to Management

Be honest to yourselfs and face the true, we are not ready to bring diverse to the company.

"Great company, terrible recruiting organization"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Menlo Park, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Menlo Park, CA

Pros

Great for young kids with almost no experience, where they can program you into their FB cult. Terrible place if you are a mature, serious professional. The environment rewards people who like to brag, boast, and broadcast their awesomeness. If you work hard but humble and quiet, you will not succeed here. Also, management in general, refuses to fix problems with the process. Performance reviews are geared towards those brown nose the best.

Cons

It feels like a cult for young, single people. Mature professionals with families need not apply. If you do manage to join, be prepared to be surrounded by rah rah rah, lots of brown nosing, politics, eating, drinking, and going to the gym with your co-workers is almost required if you want to get ahead here. If you don't join the herd with a smile on your face, you'll certainly feel like an outcast and will be on the black list. Manager smile to your face, tell you what you want to hear, then will stab you in the back. Extremely immature organization. They also make it nearly impossible to hit your goals once you are at a senior level, and then they will fine a way to phase you out and replace you with someone younger.

Advice to Management

Provide management/leadership training prior to promoting someone to a leadership role.

"Unethical employer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people in Engineering and Product organizations,
    Learning how Facebook has scaled/ growth strategies was rewarding especially once I left Facebook

Cons

Week I moved across the country for the job, I was told the team I joined to be on no longer existed. Forth manager I had in my first four months later kept from me that the work I was hired to do was being removed from Facebook's objectives.

Some seniors managers keep secrets and are horrible to work for. There's lots of truth to the saying, "I joined for the company and left because of my manager." Facebook a really, really good at selling its kool-aid story to employees. (It's why they have great ratings on Glassdoor IMO.) If you are in a position or team that is dissolved, you only have 4 weeks to find a new job, which isn't much time at all.

Advice to Management

Don't ever offer someone a job and have them move only to tell them the job doesn't exist.
    Hire more ethical people. Not cool that the person that hired me left in my first two months because he saw the writing on the wall.

"HR Admin- Austin"

Former Employee - HRIS Analyst in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - HRIS Analyst in Austin, TX

I worked at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun, exciting, challenging, dynamic, a lot of smart people, good training offered, free food and amenities. Good growth opportunities, some genuinely good people there

Cons

The people in the Austin office are brutal. I felt like I was in high school again. They bash each other, gossip and belittle 'outsiders' or people they don't know. I overheard the 'senior' employees belittling me and making fun of a physical condition I have SEVERAL times. They smile to your face but they are passive aggressive and outright mean. And I performed very well at my job, loved my team in CA, and loved the company. But some of those 'lifetime' FB people are poisoning the culture. I had to leave after a year. And good luck telling anyone. It's career suicide

Advice to Management

Hold everyone accountable for how they treat others, especially people who are different, people coming from different cities and people with physical and social challenges.

Showing 1,984 of 2,458 reviews