Facebook Reviews | Glassdoor

1,653 reviews

Full-time Part-time

1,653 Employee Reviews

Pros
Cons
  • Work/Life balance could be better (in 178 reviews)

• Work-life balance: pressure to move fast (in 49 reviews)

"Facebook, absolutely by far, my favorite place to have ever worked!"

Former Employee - Assistant in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

Everyone talks about the free food, fun environment, etc but I definitely think the most valued benefit to working at facebook is the ability to basically set your own hours, freedom to work from home when you want and as much as you want/can, and all this with little to no interference from management. It's just great to know that if you're not feeling well but not necessarily "too sick to work" you can stay home and work (they provide laptops)....oh and...sick days are not counted against your vacation if you really needed to take a real sick day anyhow.

Cons

Because of the work from home policy, you do find yourself basically working all the time in a way. Some say it's a downside, I personally loved it! As long as I got my work done my boss didn't care how much I was actually in the office. However, I do have to say, that I did NOT abuse this. I really only worked from home when I absolutely needed to. I'd say out of a year I probably worked from home maybe about 2wks worth.

Advice to Management

Develop a fair company-wide bonus structure where all employees can work towards and feel rewarded for accomplishments. A review process is also needed, but one that actually results in employer/employee feedback and raise/bonus.

"It's okay in the short-term"

Current Employee - User Operations Analyst
    Current Employee - User Operations Analyst

Pros

Although hours a bit long and it takes much time for me to commute from home to office, other things that Facebook offers all make me love this place - salary, bonus, not to mention the excellent benefits. It is also both satisfying and challenging to work with very smart colleagues. The people are young, passionate, and intelligent. The culture is very open internally were projects are discussed and ideas flow. They have amazing R+D and projects happening all the time, because people dare to dream, pursue challenges, and are generally incentivized to be innovative

Cons

Facebook is not a hot start-up that it used to be. When you look at the blogs, people now get excited about twitter. There is not anymore the pioneering spirit and enthusiasm that you see in a startup. In short, Facebook is getting old

Advice to Management

None.

3. "Great place to work."

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

Pros

Smart people and big problems. You can make a big impact quickly.

Cons

You work pretty hard and there isn't a great work/life balance. Most of my friends are people I work with.

Advice to Management

None

"Seriously an amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

* Incredibly smart and intensely motivated peers.
    * Immense opportunity. There a ton of growth and a lot of things that can be done. People with initiative do really well here.
    * The world sees the impact of what you're working on. All my friends and family use the product and it's rewarding to work on something that keeps us all connected.
    * Amazing food. We get breakfast, lunch, snack, and dinner served up by the best chefs around. Menus change daily and my favorite to date has been the Willy Wonka themed lunch menu. Sushi day is legit too.
    * Flexible work schedules. 9 to 5 is dead, work the times that best work for you and your job.
    * Fun (Game Day, random toga party, RipStiks, cool people, etc.)

Cons

There's some growing pains because of the fast company growth and the office can get a bit noisy at times. My last job was at Google and I have to say that facebook is a far better place to work.

Advice to Management

Keep being open and transparent to employees. This is one of the best parts about working at facebook and it's important that employees all are informed of why we're doing things the way we're doing them.

"Great place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

Open atmosphere.
    Intelligent people.
    Good food.
    High level of respect for employees.
    Always get the equipment we need.
    No complaints.

Cons

There aren't that many downsides so far. I occasionally find it hard to complete work on fridays, due to happy hour though ... :)

Advice to Management

Stay open. Listen to the technical perspective. Overall, they do a very good job. Hopefully as we grow we can maintain that.

"I have been working for over 10 years and Facebook is BY FAR the best place I have ever worked."

Current Employee - Finance in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Finance in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

Facebook has incredible camaraderie as well as benefits. Everyone is friends here, we work hard, but also have a great time and love coming to work every day. We get free gourmet breakfast, lunch and dinner daily from an amazing culinary team. We play basketball every week, have free beer on Friday and get to ripstick around the office. We even have games rooms and a ping pong table! The people who work here are incredibly high caliber individuals. The recruiting process is tough!

Cons

Some of the younger folks here (and there are many) have never worked anywhere else and they have no idea how good the place is. This often leads to a sense of entitlement which would never fly at another Company. Having said that, we all benefit from the extra perks that get put in place. Philz Coffee!!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, the long term vision and the continuous improvement in the user experience. Never rest on your laurels!

"The best place to work, period."

Current Employee - Platform Product Marketing in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Platform Product Marketing in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

3 meals + snack a day. Micro kitchens with fresh fruit, boxed lunches, and every beverage imaginable. All free. Flexible work hours, work from home, 21 days of PTO.

Cons

In Palo Alto, CA -- a bit suburban for city dwellers.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

"I feel lucky every single day that I work here."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

Everyone seems to genuinely be invested in making the product better. People are smart, like what they do and strive to do it better than anyone else anywhere. There are so many perks and benefits, it's ridiculous. Everyone is really taken care of (and spoiled).

Cons

Distracting, loud environment. The open-desk style doesn't work for everyone (like me), I find it hard to concentrate and end up working at home more than I would like to, just to catch up.

Advice to Management

Keep moving fast and hiring the best. Thanks for the transparency and also for the awesome perks. Also, please consider some sort of cube system!

10. "What more could you want?"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

- coworkers are smart, dependable, and genuinely enjoy what they do
    - management cares about empowering employees and helping them develop
    - benefits and perks make life fun
    - chance to have a huge impact and not be just another cog in the machine
    - other people understand and appreciate what you're working on

Cons

still working through some growing pains

Advice to Management

sometimes there needs to be a clearer product vision earlier in the process

"Still love it"

Pros

the company offers outstanding benefits

Cons

ripsticks hurt a lot when they hit you

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Showing 1,653 of 2,002 reviews