Facebook Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

1,745 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance is hard to manage (in 190 reviews)

• Work-life balance: pressure to move fast (in 50 reviews)

"By far the BEST place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

Every employee has the ability to change the world everyday. It's an exciting place to work, with the smartest professionals in the industry, and awesome perks. Management is very hands off. If you are proactive you can work on any project that adds value to the company. The culture is awesome, my job is fun, and I am friends with the people I work with...I think that says a lot!

Cons

I eat, sleep, and breathe Facebook...however, this is entirely by choice. Work life balance can be difficult, if you aren't passionate about the companies mission then it might not be a place for you. With that said, most people love their jobs and choose to work long hours.

Advice to Management

Keep the company open and maintain our culture as we grow. Continue training younger managers and develop for career paths employees.

"Great working environment !!!"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

Attractive salary, friendly employees and perfect working conditions !!!

Cons

Not much, it's real fun to work here !!!

Advice to Management

MZ is doing good job, no need is there to advise him !!!

"Facebook is the best place I have worked in my 12 years in tech."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

The ability to take an idea and turn it into a reality without the need for level after level of approval. Only really massive changes require any significant oversight at all.

People are expected and trusted to do good things for the company.

Projects are launched quickly, and road map cycles are very fluid. there is extreme urgency without the need for hard deadlines

Cons

the main downside is the long hours, but, truthfully it is fun, so I don't really mind that much.

Advice to Management

Keep empowering folks to do the right things.

"excellent"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Pros

The environment is very very good. This is an awesome community which can inspire your creativity. It is good for your career.

Cons

Sometimes you may feel the pressure, but actually I think it is OK. You can easily get used to it.

Advice to Management

We can be more aggressive and extend our business. It is will be good to get out of our comfort zone.

"Pretty amazing place"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

I've worked at 5 different companies before here, from investment banking, CPGs, to 3 other tech companies and nothing beats this. People are amazing not to mention wicked smart. You'll be surrounded by the most talented people in the world all with a mission to change the world.

Cons

Extremely difficult to get in given number of application submitted and competition. Also the company tries to stay small so limited job openings.
    Work can get stressful but that's because there aren't enough people internally to do the stuff that needs to get done. If you don't know how to prioritize you should seek other large tech companies.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and try to promote from within. Outside hires bring a complete different management flavor.

"Best. Job. Ever."

Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

What I love most about working at Facebook:

- The people. I get to work with some of the most talented and passionate people in the world.
    - The culture. I love the fact that we get to take big risks and 'move fast and break things'. It's very empowering.
    - Impact. All my friends and family use Facebook (+800M people around the world), so it's great to know that people I care about love to use the product that I'm a part of.
    - The culinary team. best. food. ever.

Cons

- growing so fast makes it so you don't know everyone at the company anymore, but that's just a product of rapid growth and hiring enough people to sustain and grow the business.

Advice to Management

- thank you for sticking with the mission and keeping the company open and transparent. Please keep this up as we continue to grow.

"Learn to swim or you will sink"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

My coworkers are the smartest people I have ever worked with. They love their jobs and they work hard. But they keep a balance in their lives.

Also, the management team is a group of good human beings. They really want to harness the power of what they've created to accomplish something they believe in. They know that if people across the globe can connect - good things will happen. And they have.

Cons

It can feel very chaotic, fly by the seat of your pants, always on the go. It's growing so quickly it's hard to tell who owns what project etc.

"Won't ever have an opportunity like this ever again in my career - phenomenal company and people"

Current Employee - Staffing in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Staffing in New York, NY

Pros

Smartest and most passionate people I have ever worked with
    Company means so much to so many - humbled to be an employee here

Cons

High expectations - good problem to have

"It is a wonderfully rewarding place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

The direction of the company is innovative. The people are smart. The projects are challenging. The benefits and compensation are great.

Cons

I don't believe there are any major cons to working at this company. I plan to work at this company for a long time.

Advice to Management

Keep moving the company in the direction that you are moving it. In 50 years we will be able to look back on the work now and be proud.

"Amazing!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

It provides you with the best possible space and to divulge into your specialties. The only thing you are required to do is to do what you have been asked to do in a completely pressure free atmosphere. Its more like work at home!!!

Cons

There are none. Its a fantastic place to work for people willing to make money by enjoying.

Advice to Management

Keep the workforce small and efficient.

Showing 1,745 of 2,125 reviews