Facebook Finance Development Program Reviews

Updated Mar 7, 2019

2.1
  1. "Highlight of my career"

Former Contractor - Finance Consultant in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Facebook for more than a year

Pros

I only worked here as a contractor for two years but it was the best work environment I've been around. Most perks are shared with contractors with few exceptions (no gym, no laundry and contractors weren't typically invited to offsite after work events)

Cons

None that I can think off

Continue reading

"Don't be fooled by the name and 'glitz' of facebook !"

1.0
    Current Employee - Finance Manager in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Facilities and benefits are excellent

Cons

Bad atmosphere, poor senior management, extremely bad work-life balance and no recognition or reward.

"The rumors are true - Contract worker dont convert untill 2 years"

Current Contractor - Finance in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook for more than a year

Pros

Great on resume, and products to work with. People are nice but they will lie to you and make you work .

Cons

They will lie to you about conversion and let you apply and at the last moment tell you they cant hire you. average I hear of ppl who get converted is 2 years. So if you decided to take a contract offer remember you have to wait two years.

"Finance analyst"

Current Employee - Finance Analyst in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

Motivating, Mission-driven, perks (food, gym benefit, laundry, etc), high responsibility, 21 vacation days, unlimited sick days, easy to switch between roles

Cons

long commute and long hours

"Awesome company on a mission to connect the world"

Current Employee - Finance Manager in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

Competitive compensation package (base salary, bonus, equity) Great benefits (free food) Open culture (weekly Q&As with Zuck and other executives) Helping build a product that people regularly use Great experience to build your resume 4 month paternity/maternity leave fully paid

Cons

No slacking off allowed! Teams run lean and move fast. Despite how young the company is overall, there still seems to be an age bias for older, more experienced employees, rather than more impactful employees, regarding recognition and promotions. At least in Finance.

Continue reading

"Extremely cliquey, political, poor culture, lacking in communication and career growth."

1.0
    Former Employee - Finance in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing food, great campus and latest technology.

Cons

Management lacking in leadership and communication. Blamed is passed down to front line employee's. Very poor work life balance. Half the department left due to politics.

7. "Best company I've ever worked for and I've worked at several"

Current Employee - Finance in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for less than a year

Pros

Really smart and great people to work with! Management is not snooty and willing to listen to inputs. Managers have the attitude of pulling their sleeves up to reach common goal...very collaborative!

Cons

Things are constantly changing and sometimes you never know what's coming... but you know you have to get it done. It could be exciting but could also be a bit tiring sometimes...

"I have been working for over 10 years and Facebook is BY FAR the best place I have ever worked."

Finance in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

Facebook has incredible camaraderie as well as benefits. Everyone is friends here, we work hard, but also have a great time and love coming to work every day. We get free gourmet breakfast, lunch and dinner daily from an amazing culinary team. We play basketball every week, have free beer on Friday and get to ripstick around the office. We even have games rooms and a ping pong table! The people who work here are incredibly high caliber individuals. The recruiting process is tough!

Cons

Some of the younger folks here (and there are many) have never worked anywhere else and they have no idea how good the place is. This often leads to a sense of entitlement which would never fly at another Company. Having said that, we all benefit from the extra perks that get put in place. Philz Coffee!!

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 8 reviews