Facebook Employee Reviews about "free food"

Updated Sep 3, 2020

4.5
Pros
  • "I mean free food tastes so much better than non-(in 376 reviews)

• "Lots of smart people to work with(in 306 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work-life balance can be challenging depending on your team(in 419 reviews)

• "No cons that I can think of at this time(in 98 reviews)

Reviews about "free food"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great perks, great people"

Former Intern - R&D Scientist in Seattle, WA

I worked at Facebook for less than a year

Pros

You get some of the best perks in the industry, from free food to free cleaner's service, shuttles to get around the offices, etc.

Cons

Work-life balance definitely seems skewed towards work. While there's nothing explicit, you'll get the feeling that you're expected to come in early and stay late. Not doing so might not get you fired if you fulfill expectations, but it might stall your advancement.

2. "Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company perks including free food, free shuttle to work,

Cons

Fast paced environment. Things are constantly changing and it may be hard to keep up

3. COVID-19

"You can't make a bigger impact elsewhere"

Current Employee - Software Engineer (IC4) in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for less than a year

Pros

* Incredible company values who value openness and acceptance of all cultures * Every employee operates at an incredibly high velocity and you feel like you can really get stuff done. It's exciting. * You can touch the lives of billions of people with your work. Not going to get that anywhere else. * Free Food * Great pay * Great perks * Ample training and help

Cons

* Currently only remote due to pandemic, so no free food * You will be responsible for more than you likely have before, Prepare to grow and ramp up quickly. You will find your optimizing small tasks so you can keep moving quickly.

"Horrible Culture"

1.0
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at Facebook full-time

Pros

Free food and fun activities

Cons

so disorganized and no one in charge

5. "Great company, even better work environment, the best benefits"

Current Employee - Critical Facilities Engineer in Altoona, IA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

free food free EV charging great health care plan (free if you're single) amazing working conditions

Cons

Nothing that I've found so far..

"Take your pick"

Former Employee - Process Engineer in Seattle, WA

I worked at Facebook full-time

Pros

free food for all the people on site

Cons

Bad ethics in this world

7. "Awesome Experience"

Former Intern - Software Engineer(Internship) in Seattle, WA

I worked at Facebook for less than a year

Pros

I love the challenge and free food.

Cons

The work is pretty heavy and not for just anyone

"terrible, toxic experience"

1.0
    Current Employee - Supply Chain Manager in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free food, clothing, beer, perks

Cons

Avoid data center/infrastructure areas of the company. Rampant turnover - Facebook hires overqualified people and places them in incredibly boring, tactical roles with very little growth. With that, my first six months on the job, I saw extremely high turnover, and not only that, but managers were angry, defensive and vengeful when people left their teams. Management sells grandiose visions of their team to team members - Management always mentions that their team is the “best” and that we are more coveted than that team.” I realize this was management’s way of overcompensating for the lack of impact and boring nature of their team as well as poor retention issues. Management thinks they’re perfect - When they receive multiple below average pulse scores, instead of trying to “solve” the underlying issue, in this case growth and fulfillment of their employees, they try to play detective and figure out who rated them poorly and then use it against them during performance reviews. You are not perfect, and you are not god. People are blocked from transferring by managers and are retaliated against during performance reviews if they express interest to leave a team. I spoke to a guy who left my team for consumer hardware, and he told me had to go to HR because the manager took it so personally. I personally was retaliated against when I expressed interest to leave a team. Warning: you cannot have an open discussion with your manager about switching teams. Managers will take this personally and then retaliate against you in performance reviews claiming you are an under performer and not committed to their team. They would rather you leave the company, then transfer as this would reflect poorly on them. Performance at Facebook is like a popularity contest. You have to talk up and chat with leaders in the company, “play the game”, and be well liked. Your rating is dependent on the number of advocates you have in the room. Your “perceived” performance is more important than your actual performance.

Continue reading
  9. "Technical Program Manager"

4.0
    Current Contractor - Technical Program Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Facebook for more than a year

Pros

Being a contractor for Facebook you receive most of the employee perks, such as free food , commuter shuttles , and attending most of the onsite events.

Cons

While being a contractor for Facebook is a rewarding experience , I found myself and other contractors feeling excluded from certain activities.

"I like it here"

Current Employee - Data Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fun and fast paced culture, interesting problems to solve, company bends over backwards to please employees, coworkers are smart and pull their weight, opportunity to have surprising influence even at the bottom of the ladder. Work-life balance boundaries are largely respected and most engineers work normal 40 hour weeks. Obvious benefits like good pay, free food, free commute, etc

Cons

Bottoms-up decision making leads to confusion and a sometimes tense atmosphere. Tech stack doesn't transfer well to other companies. If you don't set boundaries, the job can consume your life. Competitive environment, no guarantee of career progression. Not a good place to coast/slack.

Continue reading