Find jobs for quantitative research analyst

Facebook Quantitative Research Analyst Reviews

Updated Jun 24, 2020

5.0
  1. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Quantitative User Experience Researcher in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for less than a year

Pros

FB provides a conducive environment for collaboration, growth in learning, and supportive. FB has a diverse workforce and is very supportive of employee welfare and care.

Cons

So far, I have not notices any Cons.

"Heaven on earth"

Former Employee - Quantitative Researcher in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

State of the art campus with onsite gyms, spa, hair salon, arcade and more. Outstanding internal tools, both software and hardware, for work and collaboration with colleagues around the world. Top of market pay, even before you count the benefits. Free food is just the beginning. Probably the most underrated perk is a free cell phone with international data roaming. (It's a corporate phone, but personal use is allowed within reasonable limits.) Promotion cycles are twice yearly, more frequent than some other tech companies. Promotions come quick to top performers, who are lavished with "refresher" or "additional" equity awards.

Cons

Exhausting performance review process. It feels neverending. Performance ratings are a bit too formulaic, and thus can be gamed to an extent; the system undervalues certain types of work (for example long-term, risky projects) that other companies would find valuable. Traffic around the Menlo Park (MPK) HQ is atrocious. Parking is extremely constrained. Corporate shuttles are reliable and the route network covers a huge amount of the Bay Area and then some (there's even several daily shuttles to Santa Cruz) -- but the seats are often too narrow and uncomfortable. To give you a sense of the problem, most economy class airline seats are wider and more plush!

Facebook Response

March 30, 2020Global Brand Partnerships Manager

Thank you for this feedback! We're very happy you're here. It's important that you're growing and thriving in your career here and that top performers are being recognized/rewarded for their contributions. We will continue to evaluate our perks & conveniences (as well as PSC) to make sure we're hitting the mark.

"You feel valued as an employee"

Current Employee - Quantitative Researcher in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits, opportunities to work on something that matters to you and have a real impact in the world.

Cons

Things change quickly and that creates instability on teams and roles

"Amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Quantitative Researcher in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get to interact with smart people, use high-level analytical skills to solve complex problems, and access unparalleled resources, perks, and food. This is a fantastic place to work.

Cons

The company is growing quickly and a challenge will be to maintain the great culture.

"Great People, Great Mission, Feeling a bit big at the moment."

Current Employee - Quantitative Researcher in New York, NY

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture, lots of learning opportunities, good people, good mission.

Cons

Often tone-deaf to real-world (non-SV) problems; undergoing significant growing pains; lots of outside hires for upper management positions; increasing eng/non-eng/sales splits

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.