FacilitySource Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Bill Hayden

Pros
  • It is serious when it needs to be but also laid back (in 6 reviews)

• FacilitySource as a whole was a great company (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • The benefits are average, no 401K, IT jobs outsourced overseas (in 5 reviews)

• The call center is held to a different standard for sick time (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Project Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at FacilitySource full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great fast growing company.
    Keeps growing for the last 10 years, despite the former recession.
    Agile environment.
    Interesting tasks.

Cons

The benefits are average, no 401K, IT jobs outsourced overseas.
    The IT infrastructure is not ideal.
    All the usual problems of the small to average company, when business is not sure what they are doing :-)

Advice to Management

Fix the IT infrastructure.

2. "Growing company"

I have been working at FacilitySource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is a lot of opportunity for growth within FaciltySource. I was lucky enough to be hired to build a new department. My direct manager and I basically laid the foundation for and created a necessary department that will play an integral part as the company continues to grow.

Cons

I do not believe that the yearly incentive raises correctly acknowledge each persons contributions. We have performance management called progress tracking. This allows us to have meeting with our supervisors to set and achieve goals throughout the year. EVEN if you hit all of your goals and EVEN if you were successful at EVEN MORE than was expected of you, you will find that the measly incentive raise is disappointing. They look at the role you hold and compare that to other roles within the company (that they say are similar) and they have already set an allowable increase percentage. How about you decide to invest in the employees that are going above and beyond to help make the company more successful instead of having a set amount.
    I understand that medical insurance is expensive in this day and age but I spend about $ 640 a month for medical/dental/vision for 3 of us.

Advice to Management

The cost of living is on the rise in our country. since our medical benefits costs to employees went up that took my incentive raise that I received last April. I want to be able to invest in our newly available 401k but after my incentive raise this April if I were to invest a minuscule amount then my pay will be even lower than it is now.

Apr 3, 2017

Sounds like you have an exciting role at FacilitySource! Thanks for all you are doing to help us grow. When it comes to annual increases, actually, it is merit-based. Our management team is asked ... More

3. "CSR"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I worked at FacilitySource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I truly enjoyed working here but management was horrible and disorganised. Hopefully they've figured out what needed to be done by now.

Cons

Unfortunately at the time of employment I was going through some personal issues and had legal documentation supporting my case of disability. The company refused to accommodate me and later fired me because of it. Since I was young at the time and didn't have enough knowledge about being discriminated i would've sued. So I suggest if you have disability issues I advise you not to work here.

Advice to Management

Provide employees with better benefits and FMLA. If you truly need people to work for you take care of your employees

5. "FacilitySource - where a "job" can evolve into a "career""

I have been working at FacilitySource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am proud to be an employee at FacilitySource in the Phoenix, Arizona office. To me, this is not a job, it is a career. If you have confidence in your abilities, great work ethic, passion for working for a growing organization, are not afraid to ask questions, and want to contribute everyday to make yourself a better person and employee, FacilitySource is the place for you. However, if you want to coast through the day and simply collect a paycheck, you should probably head elsewhere. FacilitySource is a fast-paced environment that allows employees the opportunity to substantially grow, express themselves, and make significant, real contributions to the company. FacilitySource will experience some growing pains along the way, as all companies owned by a private equity firm do, but the future is extremely bright, and I am fortunate to be a part of the evolution. Over my time here, FacilitySource also has developed a fun, transparent, informative culture, in part due to the work of HR's "People Programs" and the CEO's quarterly "Town Hall" meetings. This truly is a wonderful place to work.

Cons

Because FacilitySource is owned by a private equity firm, some of the "perks" offered by other companies are just not feasible. However, FacilitySource is rolling out a 401k plan in April, has a generous PTO policy, and, from my experience, is lenient with time off requests. Because FacilitySource is so dynamic and organically growing, and due to the nature of the facilities management industry, every day will bring new challenges to embrace and tackle.

Advice to Management

FacilitySource employees are the most important asset of the corporation. Never lose sight of that.

"FacilitySource - A place to grow"

Current Employee - Senior Manager Training and Development in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Manager Training and Development in Columbus, OH

I have been working at FacilitySource full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

FacilitySource is growing and expanding at a great rate which allows for excellent career advancement opportunities for its associates and those that are looking to join the organization . The culture is one of collaboration and team focus , fast paced driving to delivery exceptional client service to our customers.

Cons

None at this time

Advice to Management

To continue to stay connected and communicated to the employees as our growth continues. We are always excited to hear about direction, company growth and direction.

"Call center Representative Level 3"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at FacilitySource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company as whole is doing all it can to keep the employee happy with their position. It is having growing pains like any company out there today. They do all they can to keep the current Staff

Cons

The call center is held to a different standard for sick time. 10 points your fired. They think they are doing us a favor by dropping a point every 30 days with another sick call.

Advice to Management

There are a lot of people moved up the ladder because of the length of employment but it does not mean they are qualified. Some are just to young to manage people and it goes to their heads and if your not their buddy on the outside you are in for a very difficult time on the job. This needs to be fixed

"Like they say, you leave a manager not the company"

Former Employee - Account Coordinator in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Account Coordinator in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at FacilitySource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

FacilitySource as a whole was a great company. The software was great, the concept was impeccable, sometimes they over promised but anything to get a client in the door I guess.

Cons

There were some breaks in their prospectus and the path in which they wanted to go. Their management was always changing and people were constantly being moved around. They also had some sexiest men in the building which made working with them even harder.

Advice to Management

I think the company has turned around since I left since I am still in contact with people who work there. Definitely don't lose great people because of poor management.

"Really..don't work here"

Former Employee - Exterior Service Coordinator in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Exterior Service Coordinator in Columbus, OH

I worked at FacilitySource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay and starting vacation

Cons

There is not enough room. The management here in exterior department is horrible. The director and VP in particular. This is their answer to many issues is hire a director. That person just added to the overall mistreatment of employees. Forced to work extrememe hours and employees treated with zero respect. They are treated like robots with no breaking point. And they also treat vendors with zero regard.

Average tenure is 6 months in this area. Need I say more?

Advice to Management

Fire VP AND DIRECTOR and then start fresh.

Don't take on more business until you have the infrastructure to support the business you currently have.

Feb 14, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. Snow season in our Exterior Services department can be challenging and we try to be informative and transparent during the interview process regarding the nature of the ... More

"Exterior Services Department"

Former Employee - Service Coordinator in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Service Coordinator in Columbus, OH

I worked at FacilitySource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is not a single positive thought that can be inserted on this spot. The only pro about working in this department was when my last day finally arrived.

Cons

There is a severe lack of training, guidance, and management, You are set up to fail from the very first day. Everything must be in writing or else they will change their words. Over worked and under paid for the responsibilities they expect you to have. The department manager will not own up to any of her mistakes and will blame you behind your back while claiming to support you to your face. The VP treats you even worse because of the manager's quick response to blame the team and not take ownership in her own incompetence.

Advice to Management

Replace, retrain, and offer the proper leader that is needed to enable the department to grow or else there will forever be a revolving door.

Nov 17, 2016

The Exterior Services Department has gone through multiple positive changes in the past few months. A Director, Exterior Service Operations has recently been hired to manage the Operations Team. A ... More

"Service Coordinator Dispatcher"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at FacilitySource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management available and willing to, answer questions and assist when needed.

Cons

Communications between Corporate and Phoenix offices are questionable.

Advice to Management

All the department's in all the offices should be on the same page. Example: Client/company information, updates or some good advice maybe sent out; however some that would benefit are left out.

Nov 21, 2016

We appreciate the honest review and the advice. Communication is something FacilitySource is really working at and improving on.