Fahrenheit 212 Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Excellent Training Ground for Innovators"

Current Employee - Idea Development in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Idea Development in New York, NY

I have been working at Fahrenheit 212 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We work across many sectors, so you gain exposure to many types of businesses and business models. People are great and genuinely like each other.

Cons

There is an intensity to the work that is not for the faint of heart.

"Bunch of nose-up posers"

I worked at Fahrenheit 212 part-time

Pros

Nespresso coffee, free fruits and prime location next to a candy store downstairs ( was the highlight of my day)

Cons

No one really knows what they do. I worked there, and heck, I still don't know. Bunch of boogie, good looking people, who try to come off as 'hip'/cool. In reality, all about appearances (pretty office, pretty people, pretty resumes, pretty decks), and not about the actual substance. This place is not a place for someone who wants to get real things done that add real value to clients. Want to work on 'big picture/high-impact projects?" Don't come here.

Instead of trying to spin itself as a consulting firm, it's really just an advertising agency. I think.

"A place to define the career you want."

I worked at Fahrenheit 212 full-time

Pros

Fahrenheit's secret ingredient is in its uncanny ability to bring in a diverse group of people from different industries, backgrounds across varying levels of expertise. It's this seemingly hodge podge assortment of people that becomes the great driving force for creating a culture of elevating one another to their utmost potential. A potential that's tapped to deliver against complex challenges and projects, which inevitably helps any member of the firm sharpen their skills, and hone in on what one would want to accomplish in their career.

Cons

If you're less likely to take a proactive approach in both life and career, Fahrenheit would be an uphill battle to say the least. Because of the pace and the expectancy to deliver against brilliance every day, it may not be a fit for everyone. That said, you'll rarely find a moment where you're not being challenged by your peers and the projects that you collaborate on.

Advice to Management

Preserve the workplace environment and the culture above all else. It's embedded in the DNA of a challenging yet rewarding firm.

"Don't waste your time"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Fancy, modern office in a nice neighborhood. Good benefits and decent salary / bonuses. Fun holiday parties.

Cons

Culture is rotten with aggressiveness and insecurity. People spend all day in meetings, screaming and talking loudly to try and seem like the smartest person in the room. No one at this company has any real skills– they try to play that off by claiming that "our minds and intelligence are the only thing we need." In reality, no one is capable of getting anything meaningful done– a room full of generalists can only accomplish so much.

People management skills are nonexistent. As much as they preach "work life balance", expect to work the same long, miserable hours that you would at any other business consulting firm. Chances are excellent that you won't get so much as a lunch break on most days. It's a regular occurrence for people to stay at the office and work late into the night.

In addition, the job titles are jargon– they don't translate well to other companies and won't help you in landing comparable roles.

If I was in charge of a corporation and needed to hire a consulting firm, I would never waste my money hiring Fahrenheit.

Fahrenheit 212 Response

Sep 15, 2016 – Talent Strategist

Thank you for writing. We regret that we missed the opportunity to collectively make things better while you were here. If you would be willing, we would love to discuss your concerns further. Feel... More

"Great opportunity to develop innovation skills at leading firm"

I worked at Fahrenheit 212 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

+ Great client roster
    + Diversity of projects and types of work
    + Strong company culture and fun people to work with
    + Strong process driven approach to innovation that can be used in any future role

Cons

- Depending on project load work-life balance can be challenging
    - Strongly senior management led / some resistance to change

"Meh"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Fahrenheit 212 (More than 3 years)

Pros

Smart people; nice offices; good music on intercom

Cons

Still not really sure what they do

Advice to Management

Don't really have any

"Mediocre at Best"

Former Employee - Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Fahrenheit 212 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flossy website, great location in NYC, decent amount of travel opportunities

Cons

Lack of transparency, leadership and overall direction of the firm.

The partners have massive egos and love to hear themselves say big words.
    It can really be kind of cute at times.

Annual revenue is subpar, nothing special.

Advice to Management

Not applicable. Management does not accept advice from others.

"Engagement manager | Commercial Strategy"

Former Employee - Engagement Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Fahrenheit 212 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Every company has smart people, but Fahrenheit has managed to connect and combine different types of intelligence in such a way that I think each person is actually in awe of every other person on almost a daily basis.

Beyond the culture, F212 teaches you a process for how to invent. Management has broken innovation down into a defined discipline that can be taught and live-tested with some of the biggest brands on the planet. It's trial by fire at times, to be sure - but I don't think any company could have better prepared me for becoming an entrepreneur.

At the end of the day, F212 teaches you how to think in a way that I'm not sure any other company really can. I have no doubt that when I look back on the whole of my career - the five years I spent at F212 will be my most formative.

Cons

It's hard work. And I think sometimes the idea of the place going in (the brand, doing innovation work, cool clients, etc) makes people forget the fact that it is, in fact, a job. And as with any job, there are some less than fulfilling day-to-day realities (lack of 100% visibility into management decisions, the occasional menial task, etc)

But that's true anywhere. More true in most places.

Advice to Management

Raise some outside capital to scale the bottom of the pyramid in order to give greater leverage and room to grow for the middle.

"Great company, bad experience with management."

I worked at Fahrenheit 212 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smartest people alive, interesting clients and projects, great office environment.

Cons

No clear management direction, lots of turnover, no clear path to advancement.

"Advertising + Management Consulting is a nice try."

I worked at Fahrenheit 212 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smart people who work hard.
    Compensation.
    Location.
    Fantastic proposition about risk-sharing with clients.

Cons

The proposition is not true.
    No inspiration or culture.
    No respect for creative talent or process - just for production.
    All work done religiously on power point templates, and the quality suffers until it dies.
    A bankrupt advertising model trying to pass itself off as innovation consulting.

Advice to Management

Go back to advertising.