Fairfield Residential Reviews

Updated Jun 11, 2020

3.9
Fairfield Residential President and CEO Gregory Pinkalla (no image)
Gregory Pinkalla
Pros
  • "Great company culture, good benefits, advancement opportunities, recognition(in 11 reviews)

• "they get paid a lot and dump all the work on the property management maintenance staff(in 11 reviews)

1. COVID-19

"Leadership That Walks the Talk"

Current Employee - Regional Supervisor

I have been working at Fairfield Residential full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are rare moments in your career where you come across someone that walks everything they talk. I am proud to work for and with four strong women that lead through kindness, positivity, and truth. I have read some reviews in the past that say the organization is clicky, but I tend to disagree. There is a genuine spirit of inclusion and accessibility to almost anyone in the company. When the VP team makes a site visit, which is about once to twice a year, they take great care in knowing our associates and making connections; everyone has a voice, and every voice matters. When the COVID crisis hit, I was impressed with the way our leadership team responded. Information was sent out and to create an environment where everyone felt confident and comfortable; the VPs and Operations Director held weekly calls for questions and ensured an open dialog. When the time came to start reopening, the strategic thoughtfulness continued. Our world is going to look and feel very different since COVID. I'm glad I work for a company that puts careful thought into how we will navigate through it all. I would be remiss if I did not mention our Asset team; they dig into data with a common-sense approach that allows open and honest communication on how we partner to manage our assets. They understand that properties cannot be profitable if they are not well-maintained and customers are unhappy. They do what they can to ensure our assets are well maintained which makes our properties and our Property Managers successful.

Cons

Third-party management can be difficult based on the owner but overall Fairfield Leadership and Asset Management teams do a great job navigating and managing those relationships.

Continue reading
  2. "Pretty solid company"

Current Employee - Service Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Fairfield Residential full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Competitive pay Good company culture Tends to promote from within

Cons

Not a lot of opportunities in certain regions Very strict adherence to SOP can cause issues when getting 3rd party vendors Lack of work life separation

3. COVID-19

"Feeling Appreciated"

Current Employee - Property Manager in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Fairfield Residential full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Their commitment to their employees that have confirmed their CORE VALUES!

Cons

I hope they acquire more assets in the West Palm Beach area.

4. "Room for Growth!"

Former Employee - Property Manager

I worked at Fairfield Residential full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They have a great support system and there is always room for growth.

Cons

Some of the systems can be a little over-whelming to a new-hire.

Continue reading
  5. "Hands down the best company ever!"

Current Employee - Property Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Fairfield Residential full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have worked for a hand full of property management companies and I can say hands down, Fairfield Residential is the best! Our company truly has its employees best interest at heart. They are always ahead of the curve providing us with the latest and greatest of everything, the opportunities at Fairfield are endless. I was able to advance my career very quickly in the first few months due to the growth of the company and training provided. I have been able to relocate multiple times as well as travel to provide additional support. Fairfield listens to their employees needs and wants as well as they provide us with the proper tools to allow us to be more efficient. At Fairfield it is family, the support and kindness that is experienced daily genuinely comes from the top. I am honored to be a part of such an amazing team.

Cons

Any cons I have ever encountered, I have always addressed them and were able to get them resolved.

6. "Great upper Mgmt"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Kalamazoo, MI

I worked at Fairfield Residential full-time for more than a year

Pros

Overall a great company, great way to earn more money, like to motivate, higher ups know your name and make you feel appreciated.

Cons

Sometimes someone being recommended for a position isn't based on experience, hard work or ethic, its because they are friends with someone who gave them the job.

7. "Loved It"

Former Employee - Assistant Community Manager in Silver Spring, MD

I worked at Fairfield Residential full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits and friendships Experience Knowledge of budgets

Cons

I loved the experience and dont have any cons

8. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Property Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Fairfield Residential full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love the culture! It's a TEAM environment! The company is professional and has the experience to teach you everything you need to know to grow in your career. Everyone from upper management is nice and easy to interact with. I feel like they really care about their employees. Great benefits! If you are good at managing your time you can have a good work - life balance. This company has a great reputation, produces results and will make you detail oriented if you already aren't.

Cons

There is alot of responsibility for a Property Manager. More than some companies that I've worked for. If you aren't a strong property manager you may not make it in this company. Also, they buy and sell alot so if you get comfortable somewhere your property may get sold in a few years.

February 27, 2020Fairfield Human Resources

We appreciate your detailed review and comments about working at Fairfield. While we have things to improve on we're glad that you sensed the culture we've worked hard to create as well as the training and development program to support our associates at all levels of our company. We understand we ask a lot from our associates at times and appreciate your hard work. Thank you for taking the time to submit your thoughts on working at Fairfield Residential. We appreciate everything you do for us and look forward to working hard to make Fairfield the best place possible to work and build a career. Thank you again for your review

9. "Great place to work."

Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Lynnwood, WA

I worked at Fairfield Residential full-time for less than a year

Pros

They have some good benefits.

Cons

I had no complaints working there.

February 27, 2020Fairfield Human Resources

Thanks for taking the time to submit your thoughts on working at Fairfield. While we have things to work on, we're glad that you have been able to experience the culture we've worked so hard to create here. We know we have room to grow and appreciate your feedback. Thanks again for leaving this review

10. "100% recommend"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Fairfield Residential full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This is the first property management company I have worked for and it's been great. I work with such a fun and amazing team, we've totally become like a family. Job stability is great and I feel that there is a ton of support from upper management.

Cons

I haven't come across any cons. :)

February 27, 2020Fairfield Human Resources

Thank you for your review and comments on working at Fairfield. While we know we have room for improvement we're glad to see you've sensed the hard work we've dedicated to supporting our associates in their careers through our culture, training and development programs. We've worked hard to make sure our employees feel valued and supported. We appreciate everything you do for us and look forward continuing to make Fairfield the best place possible to work and build a career. Thank you again for your review.

Found 183 reviews