KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Fairfield Residential Reviews

Updated Jun 18, 2021

Found 218 of over 221 reviews

3.8
Fairfield Residential President and CEO Gregory Pinkalla (no image)
Gregory Pinkalla
Pros
  • "Great company culture, good benefits, advancement opportunities, recognition(in 12 reviews)

• "I have worked for a hand full of property management companies and I can say hands down, Fairfield Residential is the best(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I’ve been in Property Management for over ten years and I have never worked for a company whose upper management is so full of themselves(in 7 reviews)

• "Goals are set high not unattainable though, as with all property management companies theres always the risk of your property being sold(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Love this company!

Apr 29, 2021 - Manager in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been here for quite a long time and, for me, the best part has always been the team! We have a lot of tenured people here who really care about each other and doing the right thing. We also have some newer people - especially in leadership- who are genuine, thoughtful and interested in improvement. We are growing and I can't wait to see where we will be in a couple of years!

Cons

There is always some friction that happens when new leaders come in and create positive change. There have been a couple of bumps along the way but it looks to be smooth sailing ahead.

Fairfield Human Resources

Thank you for the kind words and for providing such a fantastic review of Fairfield! We love to hear when our associates are enjoying work. We appreciate team members like you that help make Fairfield a better place to work and live.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company

Jun 16, 2021 - Leasing Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

My overall experience with Fairfield was amazing. I was blessed enough to have a really great time to work with. The pay was great, great benefits and bonus. They have pretty amazing properties as well.

Cons

Upper management can be trash depending on what region you are working for! Of course promotions are based on favoritism or who knows who. Sometimes you get great people l, sometimes you don’t!

3. 4.0

Great Place to Work

Jun 18, 2021 - Administrative Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Advancement opportunities, company culture, work/life balance, benefits

Cons

Difficult to connect with other departments at times. Hierarchical (org chart) driven. Salaries not competitive.

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Toxic culture with no support from HR, Managers, Corporate Team

Mar 29, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-There is lots of opportunity to move around and try something new as they are always restructuring. -The company itself is doing really well and has respected COVID rules

Cons

-Lower than industry average compensation -Upper management is extremely clicky, and it creates a toxic work environment for middle and entry level staff members. I know this is a common complaint at every company, but I've truly never seen this level of cattiness, immaturity, and nepotism at a professional company before. -Covers up cases of sexual harassment between superiors and their employees; will eventually fire both parties involved in the cases MONTHS after it's been legally reported and the victims have won the case. -Becomes a breeding ground for low performers, people who have been "on probation" with their jobs with MULTIPLE strikes and documented cases for firing, and company refuses to do anything about them. Just allows people to sit on the back burner for years doing the bare minimum and collect a paycheck. -Expects properties and regionals to bend over backwards to cater to the whimsy of corporate office employees. -If you're not in California and not at a lease up or affordable, your property will be ignored

1 person found this review helpful

Fairfield Human Resources

Thank you for taking time to provide candid feedback on your experience, though it was disappointing to read that you were unhappy here. Please understand that we have a deep commitment to ensuring our associates feel valued, are treated fairly and with respect. To this end, we have strict policies prohibiting harassment and other inappropriate conduct. When we become aware of behavior which violates our policy, it is investigated as promptly, thoroughly and as confidentially as possible. If substantiated, immediate action is taken to properly address the issue. Our Human Resources Department places a high value on exit interviews, engagement surveys and other feedback outlets; these are taken into account as we formulate policies and recommendations to management. Some of the allegations in your review, however, are extremely serious and would warrant immediate investigation. Please reach out to HR@ffres.com so we may better understand the specifics.

5. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

they will work you hard then let you go when they can find some to do your job cheaper

Jun 3, 2021 - Service Manager in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

none i can think of

Cons

bad management who lies to get people fired they don't want way bad upper management because if the upper management likes your boss and she doesn't like you!!!!!!! trust me you will be fired!! and they promote people who should have been fired.

Fairfield Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your experience with Fairfield. We appreciate your candidness and are sorry you felt this way. We hope you gained some valuable experience and good memories during your time at Fairfield. We wish you great success in your next venture.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee

Great place to be part of

May 23, 2021 - GAssistant in Fairfield, CT
      Business Outlook

Pros

communication, helpful, caring, responsive, amazing

Cons

Long hours, sometimes stressful, delayed reports

Fairfield Human Resources

Thanks for your review! We are happy to read you enjoyed your experience with Fairfield and wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

7. 2.0
      Former Employee

short review

Jun 6, 2021 - Staff Accountant II in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

able to work from home

Cons

management is resistant to positive change

Fairfield Human Resources

Thanks for taking the time to post your comments. We appreciate your feedback as we strive for continuous improvement. Best wishes in your future endeavors!

8. 5.0

Positive and Collaborative Culture

Apr 21, 2021 - Manager in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company is invested in your career and advancement. The managers go out of there way to engage you in order to help you achieve your goals.

Cons

No two days are the same, however that is the nature of the business.

VP HR

This is great to see! Thanks for taking a minute to provide such positive comments about your work experience with us here at Fairfield. Best wishes for your continued success!

9. 4.0

Great Employer and Career

May 4, 2021 - Property Manager in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Support team, work environment, opportunity for growth, training

Cons

Max pay and compensation package is less than some competing companies

Fairfield Human Resources

Fantastic to read that you are enjoying being part of Fairfield’s team! While we are very proud of the culture that all of us here contribute to, we continue to work hard to find new ways to support you so that you have the tools and support you need at work; especially during these challenging times! Your comments on compensation are appreciated. If you have additional suggestions, please feel free to contact us at HR@ffres.com. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great people, salary not competitive

Apr 13, 2021 - Vice President in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people. Salary could be above market rate since the company is doing so well.

Cons

Promotion based on who you know, not accomplishments or skills.

VP HR

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and suggestions and are so glad that you feel like Fairfield is a place that you want to grow with! While we are very proud of the culture that all of us here contribute to, we continue to work hard to find new ways to support you so that you have the tools you need to excel at work. If you have additional suggestions, please feel free to contact us at HR@ffres.com. We value your contributions and thank you for being a part of the Fairfield Team

Viewing 1 - 10 of 218 Reviews