Fairfield Residential Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.1
Gregory Pinkalla

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great Benefits and Company Support (in 8 reviews)

• Great company as far as pay, vacation and overall (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Extremely heavy workload that makes work-life balance difficult (in 5 reviews)

• No work life balance or support from Regional Manager, spoke of employee retention but did not "walk the walk" (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great Training"

Former Employee - Leasing
    Former Employee - Leasing

I worked at Fairfield Residential full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fairfield takes the time to properly train their employees so they can promote them from within the company.
    I’m finding out that not every companies do that.

Cons

They tend to put a lot in your plate and it can get challenging to keep up with all the work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

2. "Assistant Manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Fairfield Residential full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They are a established company.

Cons

There are very few properties left in Denver at this time which limits growth.

3. "Fantastic!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Fairfield Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Incredibly supportive leadership with recent big changes/additions and a focus on giving staff opportunities to grow. Close to no micromanagement. Friendly office and cheerful camaraderie. Great work/life balance. Outlook is extremely strong. Absolutely love Fairfield!

Cons

Building is shared. Adding a SO to benefits makes them expensive. PTO earn could use significant improvement. A little behind the times in process. Commute can be bothersome.

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job training leaders of the future! Focus on developing workforce best practices and implementing those changes.

"Accounting"

Former Employee - Accounting Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Accounting Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Fairfield Residential full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent healthcare and good bonuses. Allowance for expenses for staff and staff functions better than some companies.

Cons

Micromanaged excessively. Inflexibility in the department and inconsistencies in procedures. Many employees that have been with the company for years have difficulty with change. Many process improvements are needed but management has difficulty with change. They need to work on moving to a paperless system. Many procedures require hand signatures on documents and hand delivery. PTO was very average. No input on employee bonuses.

Advice to Management

Reevaluate employees with seniority to determine their value. My experience was that these employees think they are indisposable and have become inflexible, difficult to work with and rude. Individuals with these attitudes should not be in Managerial positions and leading teams. Provide surveys anonymously for Individuals in Management positions to determine issues. Forward thinking and experienced employees do not stay long term.

5. "Service Manager"

Former Employee - Service Manager in Newark, DE
    Former Employee - Service Manager in Newark, DE

I worked at Fairfield Residential full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I loving work for FF. I love the training . Most of all I loved when I met the staff at head quarters they were very warm . I hope one day that an open will happen close to where I live so I can return. I miss the family already great place to work.

Cons

Just need more properties in the Delaware area

Advice to Management

Just keep up the good work FCX

6. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Fairfield Residential full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Exciting pace if you like to be challenged, senior management is open to new ideas and innovations and great co-workers/team

Cons

The fast pace means you never have enough time to get it all done!

Nov 9, 2017 – Fairfield Human Resources

We love your 5- star review! Thank you for recommending Fairfield as a great place to work! We enjoy hearing that Fairfield is providing you with a challenging environment. It is true, our senior... More

7. "Great management and company culture"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Fairfield Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company culture is great. A lot of the employees have been at the company for over 10 years. Management is really cares about their employees and the product. A lot of opportunities to learn, you just have to dive in and ask questions. Everyone is willing to help.

Cons

PTO vacation could be better. You need at least a decade to even get 3 weeks vacation. Tuition reimbursement is also minimal.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Nov 9, 2017 – Fairfield Human Resources

Thank you for sharing and leaving us your 5-star review! We love to hear how supportive our associates are in creating a positive learning environment, and that the management team really cares... More

8. "Great Company"

I have been working at Fairfield Residential full-time

Pros

Great opportunity to move up in the company.

Cons

Turn over rate is high... But property management will always have a high turnover rate

9. "So far so good"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant

I have been working at Fairfield Residential full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

So far, everyone has been very laid-back, and genuinely seems to enjoy one another's company, which makes for a positive enjoyable work day.

Cons

I was told at the interview there was a housing discount, which was a huge plus for me and one of the reasons I left my old job. On my first day, I was told "there is no more room in the budget for discounts." While I would have likely still taken the job, it really rubbed me the wrong way. It is not industry standard for there to be no housing discount.

Advice to Management

Management team has been very pleasant.

Nov 5, 2017 – Fairfield Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It is great to hear your experience with Fairfield has been good so far, and that your associates and management team are positive and enjoyable... More

10. "Property Manager"

Pros

The benefits are great! The company as a whole is wonderful, very supportive executive management. Because FF is a large company, there are more resources available to provide support.

Cons

There are A LOT of software programs to navigate, learn and use to complete simple responsibilities.

Nov 5, 2017 – Fairfield Human Resources

Thank you so much for leaving us this 5-star review. We love hearing how supportive our executive team has been of you, and that Fairfield is providing you with the tools to do your job. We believe... More