Fairview Health Services Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Fairview Health Services President and CEO James Hereford
James Hereford

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Pay and benefits is fair compared to other similar positions" (in 9 reviews)

• "Flexibility, good benefits, I like what I do" (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "Definitely have plenty of upper management" (in 12 reviews)

• "Complete lack of direction for the organization" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Great Place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Fairview Health Services full-time

Pros

Academic setting, well paid, good benefits, cooperative and supportive work environment

Cons

Parking is not free at the U of M, large corporation

2. "Interesting work"

I worked at Fairview Health Services full-time

Pros

Interesting work and great colleagues

Cons

Concerns about leadership, but some have departed since then

3. "Internal consultant"

I worked at Fairview Health Services full-time

Pros

Progressive, high integrity, mission-driven, full continuum of care

Cons

Cross-continuum work needs acceleration; divisions work in silos

4. "Health Unit Coordinator"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Fairview Health Services part-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a good position if you like to sit and not move around too much. Mostly administrative work.

Cons

Sometimes it will be hard to leave the desk, so if you need a bathroom back, you will need someone to come break you. If you sit too long, your back starts to hurt.

5. "Patient Financial Representative-Payer Follow Up"

Current Employee - Patient Financial Service Representative in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Patient Financial Service Representative in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Fairview Health Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company is very employee based and cares a lot for their employees, great benefits

Cons

Pay is not the best

Advice to Management

Focus more on your employees and what they need, we are just as stressed on a daily basis so try to ask our point of view first

6. "PSC"

Current Employee - Patient Services Coordinator in Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - Patient Services Coordinator in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Fairview Health Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent coworkers, employers, and patient interaction.

Cons

Not much room for career advancement.

7. "physician"

Current Employee - Physician
    Current Employee - Physician

I have been working at Fairview Health Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

like the clinic I work in love to avoid upper management. try to ignore their unrealistic goals as much as possible and because I am not sure they know we even exist most of the time we are left to our own devises for now.

Cons

upper management and the CEO are completely out of touch with any semblance of day to day medical practice. when I have tried to participate in changing policy , the upper management has actually talked about the doctors and nurses as if they were chattle that needed to be coddled and how they could "get them to do things" that were above what was needed , even though we were sitting in the room with them.!it was pretty insulting. so I don't bother with that anymore and just try improving my patients lives and while I continue to practice evidence based medicine , I won't just order tests to " get that check mark done!" let's get real people. you have enough pull now that you should be pushing back on the wastefulness that some of these supposed "quality measures " are supposed to be bringing. Have you noticed how many have dissappeared over the years due to lack of evidence? corporate medicine has a limited shelf life and I will be happy when it dies.

Advice to Management

Hi , I am in the room. you can't cajole me to do unethical , untested work no matter how you try to pawn it off. Think about who you would like to have your mother , father , sister , child see as a doctor the next time you make a decision about practice decisions. I expect that if you truly reflected on what you said and what truly happened , it would not be what you try to have us do to our patients. work harder on efficiency get rid of the 5 layers of administrators that have been added in the last 15 years telling the people who actually earn the money how to do their job and redirect them to something meaningful. TOO MANY MEETINGS! too many administrators replace them with social workers, home health aids , drivers people who help human beings. get rid of the town meetings not helpful, skip the rah rah junk most of the front line workers DO NOT BENEFIT you are just patting your own backs

8. "RN"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at Fairview Health Services part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Competitive pay and Great coworkers.

Cons

Management can tend to be hyper-focused and not open minded

9. "Patient Coordinator"

I have been working at Fairview Health Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good place to become an overworked, under-appreciated, employee who lacks essential resources required to succeed and enjoys working through resentments.

Cons

Management is absent, denies blatant needs for staffing increase, does not prioritize or value employees, no efforts toward employee satisfaction.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees , give them resources they need to help them succeed at their job which, in turn, establishes a greater sense of purpose and job satisfaction. Unless you're ok with huge employee turnover rates. Without this, all of the good ones will continue to leave you and your reputation will plunder.

10. "Strict"

I have been working at Fairview Health Services part-time

Pros

Great starting pay and opportunities to advance to different positions.

Cons

I guess this is only a con for employees, but they are really strict when it comes to sick calls, time off, uniforms etc.