Fairview Health Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Fairview Health Services President and CEO James Hereford
James Hereford

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "Best Management Team!"

I have been working at Fairview Health Services full-time

Pros

The management listens to staff.

Cons

Co workers tend to be too isolated.

2. "registered nurse"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Fairview Health Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of units in the hospital

Cons

eye insurance is not the best

3. "Therapist in Rehab Department"

Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Hibbing, MN
    Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Hibbing, MN

I have been working at Fairview Health Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company culture. I enjoy working in a rural community and a diverse patient population. I work across inpatient, outpatient, and home care. Fairview's policies and mission aligns with my personal values. Encouraged to assist people (patients, visitors, employees) and provide a welcoming and supportive environment. I am never approached regarding productivity and I am autonomous in my treatment decisions. Recommendations and concerns considered and acted on immediately if appropriate. Continuous improvement on procedures and environment following employee recommendations. CEO seeks interactions with employees and facility creates employee appreciation activities (i.e. Christmas tea party, outdoor picnic). I feel comfortable talking to our Supervisor, Director, and Department Manager on an individual level. We are kept up to date with Fairview policies, changes, and insurance requirements. Documentation software aids in efficiency and ease of documentation. Definitely supportive environment and highly recommend.

Cons

Working in rural community requires long drive from city or relocation to rural area with limited shopping and child care (note: not really a con against Fairview). I do not like having PTO for sick, holiday, and vacation combined and low 3% sick leave encouraged. The low 3% does not allow me to stay home if children sick and provides 3 days of sick leave a year while working 10 hour shifts. This is not enough as I frequently work with pediatrics and am ill frequently from close contact. If I had minimal patient contact or worked only with the adult population this 3% probably would not be as much of an issue for my personal health. The company is supportive if you have an illness or a family member that is ill and encourage and assist in FMLA paperwork. Pay is decent but does not involve holiday pay for all federal holidays and annual wage increases (raises) are minimal and do not consider increases in cost of living.

Advice to Management

Continue to appreciate employees and patients. Consider changing 3% unscheduled PTO for sick pay especially for employees working in direct patient care and/or pediatric population. Consider increasing holiday pay to cover federal holidays. Consider an increase in annual raises because the current wage increase does not account for increases in cost of living.

4. "Medical assistant"

Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Fairview Health Services full-time

Pros

Great pay and benefits. Great people. Training in awesome. Everyone works as a team and is always willing to lend a hand. Not much drama. Great location. Fairview cares about their employees and really try’s to show that.

Cons

Scheduling is hard because they schedule 3 months in advance. So taking time off is hard because you need to know your plans for 6 months from now.

5. "NST"

Pros

Food benefits good unit culture

Cons

None loved it here

6. "Registered nurse"

I have been working at Fairview Health Services part-time

Pros

Ongoing education and patient driven

Cons

Lack of support for new graduate nurses

7. "Rn"

I have been working at Fairview Health Services part-time

Pros

great staff to work with

Cons

not a lot of flexibility

Advice to Management

be more creative

"Cardiac Tech"

I have been working at Fairview Health Services part-time

Pros

Longevity of services for Greater Twin Cities area. Part of UM

Cons

Getting too large, forget about those who make up the workforce

9. "No respect for Nursing Assistant and support staff. Please reconsider this Company"

Former Employee - Direct Support Staff in Edina, MN
    Former Employee - Direct Support Staff in Edina, MN

I worked at Fairview Health Services part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay, clean building, insurance plan is mediocre

Cons

Egotistical supervisors, who lack people skills. Human Resources is not neutral and very bias in incident investigations. Company pits Doctors against nurses, nurses against support staff, leading to very unhealthy work environment.

Advice to Management

CEO needs to drilled down and drain the swamp. I honestly don’t think half these managers/supervisors have ever seen a black person let alone work with one. Frequent management turnover, but usually after they have lost very good employees due to bias managers. Wasted time!

10. "ERT"

Current Employee - ERT in Burnsville, MN
    Current Employee - ERT in Burnsville, MN

I have been working at Fairview Health Services part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most of management is authentic and caring.

Cons

nurses can be catty

Advice to Management

none