Fairway Independent Mortgage "branch level" Reviews | Glassdoor

Fairway Independent Mortgage Employee Reviews about "branch level"

Updated Jun 18, 2019

Found 171 reviews

3.3
Steve Jacobson
Pros
  • "Great company - Lunches provided at end of month- Management is super -(in 11 reviews)

• "Great culture and get loans closed quickly(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Most people at the branch level are either too busy to help mentor/guide/coach, or are not willing to be 'hands-on(in 5 reviews)

• "There are no cons working for this company(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "branch level"

Return to all Reviews

"Senior loan partner - LOA"

Former Employee - Senior Loan Partner in Plano, TX

I worked at Fairway Independent Mortgage full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good culture at the branch level, company attempts to support branches with various departments (underwriting scenarios, product help etc)

Cons

Pricing is terrible not even in the same ballpark as competitors Fairway tries to help branches with support departments but most of the time they tell you things you already know or completely miss other products we have that could work. Begs the question of why branches are required to pay for pointless services... Payroll (miscalculation of commission), licensing (FORGOT TO SUBMIT NMLS RENEWAL?!?!) and HR (forgot...

Advice to Management

Try another company, you may luck out and get a good branch but even the good ones are forced to shut down or do layoffs from corporate

Fairway Independent Mortgage2019-01-03

Fairway Independent Mortgage Response

January 7, 2019HR - Employee Engagement/Onboarding/Social Media

Hi there - Thank you for taking the time to provide us some feedback. This is valuable information to help us improve our overall company structure, policies and coaching opportunities all around. One of our core values, as you know, is "Foster Growth and Knowledge". Your feedback ...

2. "Loan Officer"

Current Employee - Loan Officer in Frisco, TX

I have been working at Fairway Independent Mortgage full-time for less than a year

Pros

Leadership at the very top is focused on supporting the LOs. Even though it is a large company, it is not bureaucratic. A lot of autonomy

Cons

Onboarding for people new to the industry is inadequate. Most people at the branch level are either too busy to help mentor/guide/coach, or are not willing to be 'hands-on.'

Advice to Management

The branch will be more successful when branch leadership are engaged with the LOs.

Fairway Independent Mortgage2018-07-30

Fairway Independent Mortgage Response

August 13, 2018Recruitment Sourcing Specialist

We appreciate your feedback as it is very valuable in improving our onboarding process. We strive to create an amazing experience for all. This will be shared with the appropriate group for continuous improvement and necessary coaching.

"Used"

Former Employee - Management

I worked at Fairway Independent Mortgage full-time for more than a year

Pros

Really nothing positive comes to mind. They will tell you whatever you want to hear to join their sinking team.

Cons

Management from the branch level all the way to the leadership team is awful. If you are a Regional Manager or Sales Manager looking to move your team over STOP NOW! You will be without a job shortly after your team gets onboard. Fairway does not care one bit about anything other than volume. Fairway is very proud on being voted the #1 best company to work for four years in...

Advice to Management

Won't do a bit of good. You don't listen anyways!

Fairway Independent Mortgage2018-03-06

"A Truly Refreshing Place to Work"

Current Employee - Citrix Engineer in Carrollton, TX

Pros

Very supportive work environment with a very technical team from the VP level on down. There is almost no micromanagement due to a very exhaustive interview process. Management at all levels really seem to care about what you have to say and on the other side of that, understand that life happens and that sometimes personal issues arise that need to be addressed.

Cons

The lack of standardization (especially at the branch level) is sometimes frustrating.

Fairway Independent Mortgage2015-06-02

"Former Corporate Employee"

I worked at Fairway Independent Mortgage full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I truly enjoyed working with and serving Fairway's originators. Almost everyone I worked with at the branch level was incredibly kind and gracious.

Cons

-The "everything is an emergency" attitude -Poor leadership at the corporate level. Employees were either heavily micromanaged or thrown to the sharks with no happy medium. -There was very little regard for employees' privacy regarding performance issues. There were often emails shared to large groups that detailed concerns with specific peoples' performance. I found this to be incredibly inappropriate.

Advice to Management

Be present as a manager! Part of management is mentoring and guiding your employees and making sure that expectations are clearly communicated.

Fairway Independent Mortgage2015-05-17
    • "Corporate support is awesome!"

Current Employee - Senior Loan Officer

I have been working at Fairway Independent Mortgage full-time for more than a year

Pros

Corporate Office while out of state has systems in place to help individual loan originators succeed.

Cons

Management at a branch level varies in terms or effectiveness do your research and speak with the loan officers of each branch before make a decision.

Advice to Management

Corporate, Regional / VPs should get feedback from loan originators about their branch management to make sure that the branch management is inline with the company's philosophy.

Fairway Independent Mortgage2014-01-30
    • "Corporate structure is great, individual branch experience may vary"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in

I have been working at Fairway Independent Mortgage

Pros

Great information sharing from Executive Team. Fantastic support staff at corporate that truly support the every move of folks in the branch network.

Cons

Individual branch managers can be inconsistent. Sweat shop atmosphere does exist for some, but not all. Compensation changes can occur swiftly and with little warning. Typical environment of a small locally owned mortgage company at the branch level. Expectations exceed capacity to meet the expectations.

Fairway Independent Mortgage2012-05-02