Faithlife Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Faithlife CEO Bob Pritchett
Bob Pritchett
Pros
Cons
  • "401K match is light relative to other tech employers(in 9 reviews)

• "Cost of living in Bellingham is increasing faster than compensations(in 9 reviews)

"I get excited to go to work"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at Faithlife part-time for more than a year

Pros

I feel so blessed to be able to work for such a great company. The mission statement is clear and makes even my small role feel like it’s part of a bigger picture: equipping the church to grow in the light of the Bible. The customers are, for the most part, incredibly kind people to deal with and we are given the freedom and flexibility to do what’s best for them and not just follow set in stone rules. I... love my team and the people I get to work with. Management is flexible, kind, and laid back. If you are seeking growth, you will find it. Initiative is rewarded if you put in the work. I have seen many people move from customer service into other positions in the company. There are tons of fun perks: free soda and coffee, the outdoor center, access to a library of books and games, department lunches, Read for Cash where we get paid per page for reading business books, company picnic, free Logos bible software (!!), just to name a few.

Cons

The customer service department can sometimes feel closed off from the rest of the company. Not really something that could be improved due to the nature of the department with people on the phone and lots of remote reps.

Faithlife2019-07-28

October 8, 2019President/CEO

Thanks for being part of our team! CS is the front-line of serving our customers, and you're the reason customers say we provide the best service they've ever received from any company. (One emailed me to say that!) And it's awesome to see you quote our mission statement; it's the heart of what we're doing -- and why!

2. "Positive experience, I guess"

Current Employee - Accounting Clerk

I have been working at Faithlife full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lots of activities and community building opportunities if you are not in the call center.

Cons

Some hard working people are overlooked.

Faithlife2019-10-02

October 8, 2019President/CEO

I'm sorry to hear that you feel some people are overlooked. I miss the days of knowing everyone well (before we hundreds of team members!), and I know that it's easy to give more attention to what's new or needing help, and to under-appreciate the departments that just keep running smoothly year after year. I will take this as a reminder to look for the overlooked.

3. "Amazing company"

Current Employee - Sales in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at Faithlife full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Market leader in bible study software Great vision for future with expansion into church products and SaaS Visionary CEO who cares deeply for customers and employees

Cons

401K match is light relative to other tech employers

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, hold people accountable for results, continue to focus on the mission of the company

October 8, 2019President/CEO

Thanks for taking the time to review us, and for being part of our team! We'll continue to work on improving the 401(k), and to focus on the mission!

4. "Great place to learn, work hard and be rewarded"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at Faithlife full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Learn some great skills, meet and work with amazing people and sell an impressive and important product!

Cons

sometimes we move desks. more than necessary.

Advice to Management

Keep on hiring great folks!

October 8, 2019President/CEO

Thanks for the review, and for being part of our sales team! I'm sorry about the desk moves!

5. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at Faithlife full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Good values and company culture - Flexible schedule - Very approachable leadership - It's very satisfactory (at least for me) to work in a company that benefits the Church in great ways

Cons

- The 401k match is ridiculous - Raises capped since a couple of years ago (with some exceptions) - Cost of living in Bellingham is increasing faster than compensations

October 8, 2019President/CEO

Thanks for writing a review! We did increase the 401(k) contribution, but there's more to do, and it's something we'll continue to revisit. Raises aren't capped, though there's a default pattern we use, and managers have to fit into an overall budget, with some exceptions for exceptional growth. I'm glad to hear you consider Faithlife a "great place to work" -- thanks for being part of our team!

6. "I love working at Faithlife"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at Faithlife full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Amazing people, flexible hours, great benefits and perks, fun company events, passion about our products, vision for growing our company

Cons

Employees must be self-motivated, which is good, but some need more direction and training. Lack of or poor communication between teams- although improved from the past, it's still bad at times.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work- I know that much effort is going into making improvements, as I've seen this over my years here.

October 8, 2019President/CEO

Thanks for acknowledging the progress we've made. Communication between teams continues to be a challenge with nearly 400 people, but we've come a long way. We've made some progress on training, too, but have more to do in that area. You're right -- we're still a place well suited to self-motivated people.

7. "Important Mission, Well-Run Company"

I have been working at Faithlife full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Our mission to use technology to equip the church to grow in the light of the Bible is personally important to me, and I work in a department full of people for whom it is also important. This makes my work significant, and it makes teamwork enjoyable. The work is challenging, the opportunities are ever-growing, the leadership is visionary, and the little perks are quite nice. Free coffee, the nice summer picnic and... Christmas party—all have become rituals for me and/or my family. I have many friends and respected colleagues. I couldn't be happier.

Cons

Occasionally I feel like we are too eager to launch new things rather than putting in the time to bring prior new things up to the quality level we could reach. But I also really like having a CEO that is so full of ideas.

Advice to Management

Never lose sight of the company's mission. I don't think you have, not in the least, and I'm grateful.

October 8, 2019President/CEO

Thanks for mentioning the mission! I love it, and how perfectly it encapsulates -- and motivates -- what we're doing at Faithlife. I agree that work with significance is more enjoyable, and appreciate your pointing that out. Your note about new things makes sense -- maybe it is too many -- but if you've been around long enough for the picnic to be a familiar thing, you've probably heard my defense of why we launch so many new things. :-) We'll keep working to get the balance right. Thanks for taking the time to write a review!

"Good Team Culture, Lacking when it comes to Corporate Culture."

I have been working at Faithlife full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Faithlife’s aspirational goals and values align with my own. Individual healthcare is incredible. I enjoy spending time with my coworkers. My time at Faithlife has been flying by and I have enjoyed the majority of my time here.

Cons

I often find myself at odds with the pace of the development culture, which is highly resistant to changing the status quo. Heavy reliance on Microsoft’s C# hinders development time. 401k match is terrible, I was told during my job offer that it was a specific percentage rate of my salary. Turned out to be a percentage of that percentage of my salary so that was frustrating. I have never worked for a company... that did not offer a 100% match up to at least 5% so it feels like Faithlife does not feel like it wants to keep me around for the long haul. Teams feel very siloed from one another. There always seem to be Employee wellness events but most employees feel they are unable to attend them.

October 8, 2019President/CEO

Thanks for taking the time to write a review; I'm sorry to hear you find yourself at odds with the pace of development culture. Yes, we use C# a lot -- but that's because we have a large investment in it, and a large existing code base. But if you look around, you'll see current Javascript frameworks, Python, Swift, and Kotlin, among others. I'm all for faster development, and I would be curious to hear your recommendation for what would speed us up vs. C# in development time. I don't know that we're choosing it for new 'from scratch' projects, unless they are tightly connected with existing code, and I'm not sure how any other language would be a silver bullet if it meant re-writing large amounts of code, or losing access to so much shared platform. But change my mind! I am always interested in faster development.

9. "Faithlife was a great place to work. Great people, great products, great company culture overall."

Former Employee - Project Manager in Bellingham, WA

I worked at Faithlife full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Combines the best of working for a mature, established company and an exciting startup with big ideas at the same time. Great work/life balance and company culture. CEO has good company vision and also stays well connected with employees and employee satisfaction. Highly recommend!

Cons

Employees' experiences and satisfaction do vary by team. Not all teams are equally good to work on (but that is probably true at any company).

Advice to Management

Avoid having two managers of a given team. Make sure it's always clear who has responsibility for managing a team's operations.

Faithlife2019-04-05

October 8, 2019President/CEO

Thanks for the kind words and for posting a review! I'm glad you enjoyed your time at Faithlife and recommend us!

"Incredible Company with Incredible Employees"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Faithlife full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Company Culture: It's fun and relaxed, yet we accomplish big results. -Competitive Pay: I am truly blown away by how generous Faithlife is with their compensation structure -Thoughtful Hiring: Faithlife is obsessed with hiring quality people, and the culture reflects this -Unlimited time off (this is a two-edged sword.. see Cons) -Amazing Management: I know with certainty that my managers care deeply for... their employees and truly look out for them.

Cons

-Healthcare is amazing for individuals but nearly impossible to afford for families. The coverage is comprehensive, but the amazing coverage is definitely reflected in the price tag. This has, however, improved in the past year and I know the company is trying to improve this as -Unlimited time off: It's... confusing. While I can't speak to other departments, unlimited time off is somewhat confusing in inside as... it is often frowned upon to take advantage of this as the department has big goals to meet and taking time off can significantly hinder these goals. In some ways, it's harder to take time off under this structure because you're not actually sure how much is too much, where if there were set guidelines there would be no ambiguity. Also, taking time off as a sales rep does not mean that you would be getting paid as normal-- if you don't sell you don't make money, regardless of the time off policy. -In the sales department there is no clear career growth path. I don't want to say it's a "dead end", because you could certainly make a career out of sales. However, if you wish to grow and stretch yourself, the options are limited.

Advice to Management

-Keep being amazing. -Try to speak clearly about what time off means so that there is no ambiguity -Continue to strive for clear communication between the two sales locations

Faithlife2019-02-22

October 8, 2019President/CEO

Thanks for taking the time to post a review. I'm sorry the unlimited time off is creating tension for you; I'm always reluctant to provide guidance, because people 'turn it into a rule', and we're trying to avoid that. But if you reach out to me directly, I'll give you explicit permission to take more time off than you have been. :-) It's one of our goals that people DO take time off, and a team goal / need shouldn't cause anyone from being discouraged from using the benefit. I'll make sure that message is re-communicated. We're big on Initiative -- it's one of our values! -- so if you want to find a career path beyond sales, just ask. We love to see people Grow inside the company (another value!), and I and many others could help you explore ideas and options. Promotion from within is a highly encouraged.

Found 185 reviews