FalconStor Reviews | Glassdoor

Todd Brooks
  1. "OK"

QA Engineer in Melville, NY

I worked at FalconStor

Pros

learn a lot good team

Cons

salary, hours are very long

FalconStor2011-02-11

"Lots of change needed"

I have been working at FalconStor

Pros

1. Great place to learn many new technologies 2.

Cons

1. No real career development, it becomes a sweat shop and before you know it you've worked many 10-12 hour days and have no clue where you're going 'career' wise. Management doesn't care about your future or present goals, they just want the work done. As a result, by setting false expectations about your ability to grow with FalconStor..u end up being disappointed.

Advice to Management

Change the brand, change the management style, put REAL processes in place. Stop this "DROP EVERYTHING NOW AND LETS ALL SCRAMBLE AND DO THIS" work style because it doesn't work and EVERYONE , even you management, ends up spinning wheels unecessarily. At the end of the day it does NOT pay.

FalconStor2010-10-01
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Yes there is a morale problem - it is not a smear, it is true,."

I have been working at FalconStor

Pros

Familiarity with technology - you will learn a lot if you take the time, there is a lot of equipment to learn and coworkers are good resources. Lots of good people work for the company in lower positions.

Cons

Horrible management - I don't think anyone is actually trained to be a manager, and upper management does not care about the workers at all. Long hours are expected, as is working Saturdays. Some times people are called in from vacations for customer support. No appreciation for job well done but you will hear if you did wrong. Negativity is all you will hear from your manager, because he is hering the same from... above.

Advice to Management

No matter what is said management will never learn to respect it's employees and the value they bring to Falconstor.

FalconStor2010-09-13
  5. "Review"

in Falcon, NC

I have been working at FalconStor

Pros

Flexibility of the product and excitement of an ever changing work place

Cons

Lack of direction with product and employees

Advice to Management

No advice to the management at this time

FalconStor2010-07-22
  6. "FalconStor is a Software Sweatshop"

I worked at FalconStor

Pros

good benefits and free food which is needed as you're expected to work 18 hour days

Cons

Software sweatshop. absolutely no compassion or tolerance for life threatening illness.

Advice to Management

stop feeding your employees bagels and dinner and let them go home!

FalconStor2010-08-11
  7. "Great teamwork but can be hectic at times"

Technical Support Engineer in Melville, NY

I have been working at FalconStor

Pros

Teamwork: Team members watch out for one another. If one member drops the ball another will pick it up immediately. Free Lunch for Support Engineers Free Dinner

Cons

Learning curve of the VTL, IPStor, SIR, and FDS appliances when first starting the company. Long Hours and changing shifts. Weekend Support Can get extremely busy at times.

Advice to Management

Instead of focusing on self gains, focus on your employees and clients more

FalconStor2010-04-27
  8. "Falconstor...Not Enterprise ready. Great ideas, poor follow through"

Senior Software Engineer in Melville, NY

I worked at FalconStor

Pros

Competive pay structure for engineers in a down market. For smaller companies that have fewer requirements and would prefer to have the vendor configure everything, a portion of their software offerings would work well (VLT). Developing some interesting products. Very aggresive sales force.

Cons

Falsonstor needs better upper management; most have an engineering background and have little management/executive experience. Plain and simply put, management doesn't understand the enterprise customer. The company is having problems establishing and maintaining a foothold in the enterprise space...plagued with constant software problems. Most of the enterprise customers they have had over the last five years are... moving to other vendors due to having suffered multiple failures or major outages resulting in data loss. There is little to no documentation available to distribute covering best-practices and deployment strategies. Documentation is only created upon request. Employees are not provided enough information and direction to have a chance to succeed

Advice to Management

Treat people with a little more respect. Honor is more than a word thrown out in a conversation, there is a deeper meaning. Underhanded management and sales practices never lend themselves to succeeding in the marketspace. Customers are smarter then that and should be treated as such.

FalconStor2010-04-16

"Unemployment is better than working at FalconStor"

Sales Director in Irvine, CA

I have been working at FalconStor

Pros

Because your unemployment has run out

Cons

in my opihnion they do not treat peoplee with respect, they are more interested in the short term gain than the long term gain

Advice to Management

They should look at the big picture not the transaction, you will keep your custoemrs longer. Stop selling stuff that does not worf

FalconStor2009-07-07
  10. "Positive changes at FalconStor!"

I have been working at FalconStor full-time

Pros

Compelling roadmap. Back to profitability and growth!

Cons

Startup budgets are not for everyone

FalconStor2018-12-12
  11. "Interesting Times"

I have been working at FalconStor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Competitive Products Great People to work with Engaged Management

Cons

Transformation of old to new FalconStor is difficult

Advice to Management

More on site visits, sharing your vision and helping us understand your goals

FalconStor2018-11-14

FalconStor Response

December 5, 2018Senior Director Global HR

Thank you so much for your feedback. I agree that the transformation is challenging, but it is also offering so many opportunities for all of us. I really like your suggestions and I want to encourage you to keep them coming, using all communication channels we have. Thanks again and all the best!

Found 73 reviews