Falconwood Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Business Analyst"

Current Employee - CDRL Management Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - CDRL Management Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Falconwood full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hard-working and helpful co-workers, salary is excellent and the work is challenging.

Cons

There are no cons that I know of.

2. "I had been with Falconwood just after its beginning."

Current Employee - Senior Information Assurance Manager in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Information Assurance Manager in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Falconwood full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Uses a model to keep overhead low (no extravagance) which allows the to make competitive bids while still providing competitive salaries.

Cons

Poor Recruiting department, claim to provide the small company family feel, but fall well short.

Advice to Management

More to follow

3. "Flying at Falconwood"

I have been working at Falconwood full-time

Pros

Forward thinking company that does try to keep talent.

Cons

Limited opportunities as a small business with limited positions

"Overall great company"

Current Employee - Analyst in Chesapeake, VA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Chesapeake, VA

I have been working at Falconwood full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is great. Everyone I've met with at the company is really awesome. It feels like a family. In addition to good benefits, they also do extra things, like a Christmas party, Tides game, happy hours, etc. They also pay up to $2000 per year for continuing job-related education. It's pretty great.

Cons

HR has LOTS of room for improvement. Health benefits aren't very good and are very expensive. 401K match is only half of what you contribute up to 3%.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing.

"Meh..."

I have been working at Falconwood full-time

Pros

Small Business - Advancement Opportunities Prevalent

Cons

Above Average Turnover - Front Office / HQ Personnel Incompetent

"Shaky onboarding, iffy website, amazing company"

Current Employee - Devops in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Devops in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Falconwood full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I don't know how to avoid sounding like a shill, but this is the best (and most challenging) job I've ever held at the best company I've ever worked. As long as you exceed the expectations of management, which is actually pretty easy to do, they'll leave you alone. This company definitely isn't for clock-punchers, though. You will work until your requirements are complete or your brain hurts (whichever comes first) then go home to recuperate. Sometimes I take half days. Some days I work through sunrise the following morning.

The biggest compliment I can pay to the company goes directly to Allie. She will stand on desks in the Navy Yard fighting for your job, and when that doesn't work... Let's just say I've seen her float a guy for six months until he could be re-homed. Work hard and she will take care of you.

Cons

Expense reports are a nightmare. Expect to miss two to three pay periods before being paid back. All my coworkers think medical and dental are expensive, but it's cheaper than Covered California and Obamacare, so while it could stand to come down, I don't feel there's much room to complain.

Advice to Management

Upgrade the website and lose the .biz! You have no idea how much potential talent you're losing when that talent googles us.

"Excellent Company, Excellent People (Prior Military)"

I have been working at Falconwood (More than a year)

Pros

Most employees are incredibly knowledgeable and friendly. Felt very comfortable from day 1. I would say most of the people here are very competent and definitely carry their own weight. Most Team Leads are very passionate of their work, supporting the fleet and they dont micromanage their people. I would highly recommend this company to friends and family. Very happy here.
    They offer tuition, match 401k, dental insurance included and pretty decent vacation time.

Cons

HR on-boarding process is painfully archaic,HR is dismissive and dont help you thru the process at all. They just email you dozens of documents "fill them out good luck". Luckily my Team helped me out. Now I hesitate to contact HR I try to solve my issues on my own.
    This company runs extremely lean so youll have to find reasons to get basic programs like Adobe PDF on your workstation.
    Health insurance for family is kinda expensive but I dont think thats the company fault since it went up for everyone as soon as the affordable health law was put in place.

Advice to Management

Management keep on doing what youre doing .....Perhaps update/improve the HR on-boarding process, train HR employees to be more friendly and caring. After all HR is the first impression of the company for new employees.

"Proceed with caution"

I have been working at Falconwood full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fellow employees wonderful. Pay good as well as benefits although costs just went up significantly. Challenging work with some horrible navy clients.

Cons

Need to hire people in office who actually want to work like the rest of us. HR couldn't answer questions even if they took calls or could read an email. Only 2 people there seem to work but not supported. Ops deaf ear nothing more than lip service.

Advice to Management

Hire competent people and stop protecting pets regardless the costs to everyone else.

"Good company; serving the worst client in Washington DC ever!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Falconwood full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They pay very well for your position and have good benifits.

Cons

The government client they support in Washington DC is ineffective, discriminatory, and even abusive at times. If it weren't for the security that the high pay gives me, I would have left a long time ago.

The main client site in Washington is appalling as well. AC/heating is never working, no windows to open either.

Advice to Management

Try to be more of a buffer to your employees and the client. Working so close to the client is driving people away.

"Falconwood Review"

I have been working at Falconwood full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Provide you with a laptop if you ask for one
    Their Xmas parties are nice
    Most of my fellow employees are very nice and easy to deal with

Cons

Lack of support to their own employees and cater to the customer way too much
    Falconwood corporate extremely difficult to deal with and not familiar with the current contract requirements or the government employees
    Employee benefits are beyond terrible
    Questionable upper management capabilities
    Struggling to get other worthwhile contracts as a small business company

Advice to Management

Need to be more objective with the customer and draw the line between customer support and employee support. Need to get rid of most of the corporate folks and get people that are more attentive to their job. Provide better employee benefits.