Falconwood Reviews | Glassdoor

Alice Lawaetz

"Outstanding"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Falconwood full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Small company with caring atmosphere...almost like family. Owner/founder/president is very engaged, but doesn't meddle or interfere with tasks assigned to the team. Very competitive benefits package for a small firm. Very military-friendly. Great place to work for retired military.

Cons

Nothing significant comes to mind! Like any services company, work will ebb and flow and there can be long days required to met client commitments, but that is inherent in the services that we provide.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

2. "Excellent Company, Excellent People (Prior Military)"

I have been working at Falconwood (More than a year)

Pros

Most employees are incredibly knowledgeable and friendly. Felt very comfortable from day 1. I would say most of the people here are very competent and definitely carry their own weight. Most Team Leads are very passionate of their work, supporting the fleet and they dont micromanage their people. I would highly recommend this company to friends and family. Very happy here.
    They offer tuition, match 401k, dental insurance included and pretty decent vacation time.

Cons

HR on-boarding process is painfully archaic,HR is dismissive and dont help you thru the process at all. They just email you dozens of documents "fill them out good luck". Luckily my Team helped me out. Now I hesitate to contact HR I try to solve my issues on my own.
    This company runs extremely lean so youll have to find reasons to get basic programs like Adobe PDF on your workstation.
    Health insurance for family is kinda expensive but I dont think thats the company fault since it went up for everyone as soon as the affordable health law was put in place.

Advice to Management

Management keep on doing what youre doing .....Perhaps update/improve the HR on-boarding process, train HR employees to be more friendly and caring. After all HR is the first impression of the company for new employees.

3. "Shaky onboarding, iffy website, amazing company"

Current Employee - Devops in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Devops in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Falconwood full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I don't know how to avoid sounding like a shill, but this is the best (and most challenging) job I've ever held at the best company I've ever worked. As long as you exceed the expectations of management, which is actually pretty easy to do, they'll leave you alone. This company definitely isn't for clock-punchers, though. You will work until your requirements are complete or your brain hurts (whichever comes first) then go home to recuperate. Sometimes I take half days. Some days I work through sunrise the following morning.

The biggest compliment I can pay to the company goes directly to Allie. She will stand on desks in the Navy Yard fighting for your job, and when that doesn't work... Let's just say I've seen her float a guy for six months until he could be re-homed. Work hard and she will take care of you.

Cons

Expense reports are a nightmare. Expect to miss two to three pay periods before being paid back. All my coworkers think medical and dental are expensive, but it's cheaper than Covered California and Obamacare, so while it could stand to come down, I don't feel there's much room to complain.

Advice to Management

Upgrade the website and lose the .biz! You have no idea how much potential talent you're losing when that talent googles us.

5. "Overall great company"

Current Employee - Analyst in Chesapeake, VA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Chesapeake, VA

I have been working at Falconwood full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is great. Everyone I've met with at the company is really awesome. It feels like a family. In addition to good benefits, they also do extra things, like a Christmas party, Tides game, happy hours, etc. They also pay up to $2000 per year for continuing job-related education. It's pretty great.

Cons

HR has LOTS of room for improvement. Health benefits aren't very good and are very expensive. 401K match is only half of what you contribute up to 3%.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing.

"Falconwood"

Current Employee - Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at Falconwood full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A solid small business. In business for 10 years mostly Navy contracts. Competitive salary and benefits.

Cons

As a small business, some communication and internal company maturity is needed but they are trying as they grow. Sometimes the administration is slow to post 401K and leave. Having troubles with the system. Need a more mature system. However always willing to take and answer the questions to resolve them.

Advice to Management

Keeping working on the company communications level.

7. "Good Company to work for"

I have been working at Falconwood (More than 5 years)

Pros

With a small Company the goals and objectives of the Company are focused and you don't get lost in the shuffle of a big Firm

Cons

Front Office Administrative Staff not always helpful and only a limited amount of growth opportunities like management positions

8. "Good"

Current Employee - Analyst in Crystal City, VA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Crystal City, VA

Pros

Very good company. Solid pay and benefits. Feels like a family.

Cons

None that come to mind.

9. "Flying at Falconwood"

I have been working at Falconwood full-time

Pros

Forward thinking company that does try to keep talent.

Cons

Limited opportunities as a small business with limited positions

"Poor communication within company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Falconwood full-time (More than a year)

Pros

very good salary and raises.

Cons

limited contracts affect mobility within company.

"Falconwood"

Current Employee - Project Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Project Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Falconwood full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company is alright to work for depending on the contract and location that you are working out of. It is a small company.

Cons

Management is poor with few qualified individuals. Most managers are managers secondary and more concerned with their day to day jobs than their employees. Also focuses highly on promoting unqualified veterans rather than qualified individuals with no military experience.