Fallon Health Reviews in Worcester, MA | Glassdoor

2.8
Fallon Health Interim CEO Richard Burke
Richard Burke

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Benefits are good (including free parking - which seems unusual for a company located in a city) (in 11 reviews)

• In the past they had a good work/life balance, but there has been a backwards trend here (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • It's as if no one in management cares because there is another lackey willing to take the job, for a short time at least (in 7 reviews)

• poor leadership both in middle and upper management (in 6 reviews)

1. "It has its pros and cons"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Worcester, MA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Worcester, MA

I worked at Fallon Health full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits, Paid parking,Cafeteria onsite

Cons

Micromanagement, minimal raises, extra work with no recognition

2. "I started working for Fallon Health three years ago and love it. Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

I have been working at Fallon Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

perfect location, easy access to parking, onsite cafe

Cons

benefits are not the best

"Best Place to Work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

I worked at Fallon Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They were a flexible employer committed to employee engagement. My manager would allow me to work from home when needed and always recognized me for a job well done.

Cons

We were often very busy but it felt good to get things accomplished. I would still be there if I didn't have to move out of state to address some family things.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!!

"Fallon Health USED to be a great place to work: part 2"

Former Employee - Claims Auditor in Worcester, MA
    Former Employee - Claims Auditor in Worcester, MA

I worked at Fallon Health (More than 10 years)

Pros

The talented but unappreciated employees!

Cons

To the person who had the courage to write that very honest review; THANK YOU! If I knew who you were I would shake your hand. Everything you said was spot on accurate and true. I also worked at Fallon for almost 20 years. I left the company earlier this year. Like many other people stated in their reviews, I was transferred between directors and although my job never changed, I went from a 4 star employee having earned Employee of the Quarter at one point, to inadequate and "helpful to a fault". As we all know Fallon is so lean and for that reason I will never understand nor will I accept that helping my co-workers is a fault! Knowledge is power and the more I can share and mentor my co-workers the stronger we are as a whole. Maybe the fact that I knew far more than my director, as it pertained to my profession, was the reason I was no longer considered a valued employee. Unfortunately for Fallon management, direct reports knowing far more than their directors is the norm; not the exception. I encourage all Fallon employees, previous and current, to post honest reviews and support you fellow co-workers. If you stay silent nothing will change!
    And as to the positive reviews that are few and far between, once can only logically deduce that someone from Fallon Management is submitting them to offset thaeload and clear message that your ship is sinking!

Advice to Management

Bring back Eric Schultz! Or sell to HPHC and make this company great again.

"Wish I didn't have to give any stars"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

I worked at Fallon Health full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There are no pro's for this company.

Cons

Tons of cons. Do not apply to this company if you want a loyal, appreciative employer. I had over 10 years employment with them and they get rid of people when they have too many years in and are 100 % vested. They do not care about intelligence or experience. They keep unqualified people because they don't have to dish out the money. Look for a job somewhere else!!!

Advice to Management

Stop being so greedy!!

"REORGANIZATIONS"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Worcester, MA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Worcester, MA

I worked at Fallon Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have no PROs to list

Cons

The company reorganizes the departments, staff and/or employees frequently, resulting in layoffs and/or firings. These reorganizations often involve giving you a different job then what you were hired for. I was hired for a specific job, and thru one of the reorganizations my job was changed ENTIRELY, without notice or any say in the matter whatsoever. In another reorganization I was given the same job but with a different manager and went from being a 4+ star employee to being a 0 star employee allegedly because the new manager's expectations were different then my previous manager's expectations, even though the job was the same. BEWARE

After leaving the company I discovered that their compensation is considerably lower then what you can get elsewhere.

"Fallon Health USED to be a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

I have been working at Fallon Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Free parking, Chestnut Cafe, Night Security Guard is a kind and caring man.

Cons

I have been an employee for more than 2 decades and have had the pleasure of working with some of the most talented people I've known. I have seen many changes over the years but none as numerous and as rapid as in the past 7 years. Unfortunately the management in this company, at all levels, has chosen to bury their heads in the sand and allow one bad decision after another. And management is fully to blame for the current state of our company, which is very bleak. Our core business application has so many defects that we run hundreds of integrity reports daily/weekly to do our everyday work and yet we're still throwing money at the host company to keep telling us what we want to hear but deliver little to no results. Our provider contracts line the pockets of our providers with high reimbursement rates while we continue to lose money every single quarter. We've made payments that are so egregious and when brought to the attention of management we're always told "it's the contract". We need a strong new leader in Contracting to take control of the hemorrhaging. We also need new leadership in our Claims Department and preferably with claims processing experience. Claims employees are treated like children in kindergarten rather than being celebrated and valued for their knowledge and talents. True this department is meeting all dashboard measurements but when the quality of work is at an all time low what have we really gained? Re-work is our constant theme in every department. Contract and Benefit Configuration is constantly incorrect. I'm told that we have an auditing program in place to check this work before it's moved to production, it's just not clear what's being audited. Our overall company auditing program, Internal Audit, is in many ways our enemy. IA should be more willing to work with us, internal customers, rather than berating us. We are not offered any suggestions for resolution or corrective actions and in the long run are creating more problems for all involved. UM/Care Services has always been and continues to be a mystery to me. Why can't we ever fix this department? It's in a constant state of panic and reacting to problems when we should be proactively addressing the problems in the first place. I was optimistic when Richard Burke assumed the position of CEO but in 18 months we haven't really improved our position financially and we are losing talented long-time employees at an alarmingly high rate and it appears we are doing nothing to prevent this. We are in need of drastic change to survive. Otherwise, I'm not certain Fallon Health will still be a viable company in a year from now.

Advice to Management

20% of our employees are doing 80% of the work and your rewarding that that 20% by giving them more work. We can't get any more lean than we already are. Make some changes from the top down. Start recognizing us with actions - correct these issues that have gone unchecked by current management for far too long.

"Senior Care"

I worked at Fallon Health full-time

Pros

Local health insurance company that cares for its members.

Cons

Small organization, benefits are lacking.

"Claims Examiner"

Former Employee - Claims Examiner in Worcester, MA
    Former Employee - Claims Examiner in Worcester, MA

I worked at Fallon Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits were the only pros from this job.

Cons

Horrible executive team. Low salary. Horrible working atmosphere. Management only cares of themselves and disregards employee issues. Very hostile environment. Only snow days during state of emergency, had 13'' of snow this winter they stayed open and when people didnt show up for not feeling safe they got punished.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. You dont gain respect if you dont show any.

10. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Worcester, MA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Worcester, MA

I have been working at Fallon Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company values and easy to discuss ideas or concerns with upper management. I've worked for them for 4 years and would love to retire within the company.

Cons

Change does not happen quickly within the company.