Familia Development Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Front Desk Lead"

Current Employee - Front Desk Lead in Amarillo, TX
    Current Employee - Front Desk Lead in Amarillo, TX

Pros

Familia Dental is a great place to learn new things everyday.
    Love talking and meeting with patients and taking care of their needs, love to see them walk out with a big smile in their face & satisfied with our staff & doctors.

Cons

Sometimes our patients have to wait little bit longer than what want them too, but we try to communicate and comfort as much as we can

Advice to Management

We are satisfied with our management she motivate us everyday to push for our goal.

2. "The absolute worst company to work for."

Former Employee - Billing Specialist in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Billing Specialist in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Familia Development full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get 40 hour work weeks and they offer benefits after 90 day probation period, and they start you off at $12

Cons

No respect or communication at all, they play favorites, no room to get promoted unless you are apart of the "cool clique".

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect and the might put a little more effort in their work.

3. "A place for everyone"

Current Employee - Call Center Agent in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Call Center Agent in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Familia Development full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's easy to get a job there, since the only real qualification they seek is a pulse. This job is great for young single moms with histories of showing up high to work and walking out three weeks after being hired. The only real pros are that it's technically a job and it pays in American dollars.

Cons

They depend on high personnel turnover so they don't have to distribute bonuses. Management uses bogus warnings and write-ups to deflect attention from their own terrible performance. Managers are the only employees who stay more than six months, and the average employment period is two months. There is basically no training, they just have you watch six hours of badly-formatted computer-based modules, then they sit you at a phone and let you go. The environment is hostile and toxic--near constant yelling to "speed it up!" and "push it, girls!" The bathrooms are unspeakably filthy, and you need a doctor's note to use them more than three times per shift to avoid a write-up. It's basically a kindergarten classroom.
          For a company that claims to care for patients, they do an awful lot of dirty deeds to them. Dental assistants regularly break off tips of instruments in the patient's gums or jaws, causing the patient to need to be referred to an oral surgeon to retrieve the foreign object. The dentists are either straight out of dental school or can't get hired anywhere else, so they regularly break the teeth they are extracting. One dentist accidentally stitched a patient's cheek to their gum.
         I should note that Familia Dental focuses on Medicaid patients, who are generally on hard times and are easily taken advantage of. Also, Medicaid is rumored to be cutting dental benefits in July, so this place should self-destruct in no time.

Advice to Management

If training in the billing department was better, there would be fewer fraudulent charges to patient's insurance. If call center training were thorough there wouldn't be such high turnover and call center reps would actually know what they're doing. Also, sucking on vaporizers from behind the management podium is tacky and sets a bad tone in the office.

4. "Call Center Manager"

Current Employee - Call Center Manager in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Call Center Manager in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Familia Development full-time

Pros

I have been working with Familia Dental for 3 years...Familia Dental has been so rewarding and I am so blessed to be a part of this growth. I can say that if you show that you are a hard worker and truly care you can have a great opportunity for you to grow with this company.

Cons

Not being able to help every patient with there dental needs......

5. "Horrible"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Familia Development full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Met great People
    Good short term experience

Cons

Under mined
    Not appreciated
    Extremely short staffed
    Unrealistic expectations

6. "Dental assisting for this company was great."

Former Employee - Dental Assistant in Addison, IL
    Former Employee - Dental Assistant in Addison, IL

I worked at Familia Development part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked with a dynamic team in Addison. I worked a little under full-time and the environment was fast-paced, which I loved because it made the day fly by. I didn't go to school to be a dental assistant nor had I any experience, yet the staff all helped ease my transition into it.

Cons

They were short-staffed and so flexibility was an issue. That is all.

Advice to Management

Consider not putting the same people to work every weekend. Saturdays are valuable to many.