Family Dermatology of Lilburn Reviews | Glassdoor

Paula Nelson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "hourly"

I worked at Family Dermatology of Lilburn full-time

Pros

Great company! Great schedule and benefits.

Cons

pay could be a little more

Advice to Management

don't be so negative

2. "RUN FAR! RUN FAST!"

Former Employee - Medical Receptionist in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Medical Receptionist in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Family Dermatology of Lilburn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was 5 minutes from my house. The drug representatives you encounter are nice. It's a job although I don't think that it's worth it.

Cons

This is the most corrupt company to work for. Pretty much all the doctors left because they weren't getting paid. They pleaded no contest to Medicare fraud. All the managers left because of the criminal activities of the company. They were billing patients for services that weren't rendered or services that either the insurance and or the patients already paid for. There is absolutely no chance for promotions even if you want to stay with the company. I can go on and on but I feel this paints the picture.

3. "Management fell apart"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bensalem, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bensalem, PA

I worked at Family Dermatology of Lilburn (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility, EMR system the same at every office

Cons

Upper management fell apart, company pleaded no contest to Medicare fraud

Advice to Management

Should've had a backup plan in place for Philadelphia region.

4. "Medical assistant"

Pros

Other than some of the docs, nothing

Cons

Everything about the company, run as fast as you can if offered a job

Advice to Management

Corrupt, liars, shady. Do not work for this company

5. "Horrible Company!!! BBB RATING = F Deserves 0 stars!!!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Family Dermatology of Lilburn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The only pros to this company were the multiple locations within the Atlanta metro area.

Cons

This company is very poorly managed, highly disorganized, and financially unstable. They have destroyed the dermatology job market in the Atlanta area. COO, CFO, HR and billing managers all resigned in the past year. Many practice locations were closed/evicted from leased office spaces due to non-payment of rent and utilities(power, water). Most of the doctors left because they were going months without getting paid so now the remaining patients are mostly seen by PAs. Patient care/customer service is a joke. Billing system is faulty to put it mildly. Patients routinely receive bills for services they already paid for or for services they did not receive. Calls about lab results, medications, and billing issues are not answered in a timely manner, if at all. The list goes on...

Advice to Management

Pay your bills. Pay the doctors what you owe them. Stop sending false bills to patients. As long as the owners, their family members, or "kinfolk" are involved in management, this company will be beyond salvage.

6. "I worked in the call center for all of the Georgia offices, and I can tell you this company is very unprofessional."

Pros

Learning experience and looks good on a resume. Also a good opportunity to learn basic medical billing.

Cons

Lack of management. Work load increases constantly, but no opportunity for a raise. Doctors leaving the company left and right. Angry patients due to lack of communication from offices/nurses. Lazy employees and a complete lack of accountability of employees.

Advice to Management

Fire lazy workers and hire people who actually want to be there. I loved my job and had to leave because I was done picking up the slack of 80% of the other employees in our office.

7. "A professional and nice environment to work for. The staff is very informative in all expects of the company."

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Family Dermatology of Lilburn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company teaches you how to enjoy helping people. It's very satifying and rewarding to be able to assist patients and staff members to my best ability. Being a great asset to a company is my ultimate goal. Building work experience and ethics.

Cons

Not enough compensation or appreciation for your hard work, dedication, and dependability. Lack of career opportunities within the company.

Advice to Management

Some of the management team need to learn how to communicate with employees in a more professional and courteous manner.

8. "Great Experience."

Current Employee - Medical Office Assistant in Lilburn, GA
    Current Employee - Medical Office Assistant in Lilburn, GA

I have been working at Family Dermatology of Lilburn part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is a wonderful company with wonderful people working there. Fast people and processes were very convenient. Timely with all the people that worked there.

Cons

People are slow and very rude. Not very people friendly and it is very very very very very expensive there. Will never go there again. I had a horrible experience.

Advice to Management

You should hire better people next time.

9. "Great working for a doctor that has good values"

Former Employee - Medical Office Assistant in Menlo Park, CA
    Former Employee - Medical Office Assistant in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Family Dermatology of Lilburn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly and organized office environment, great pay and benefits for this type of position. Management does not micromanage, trusting you to use your best judgement to handle issues that come up. Doctor has always an upbeat attitude and willing to teach you anything you want to know about skin conditions.

Cons

Occasionally have to deal with difficult patients, but that just comes with the territory.

10. "Great for resume"

Former Employee - Medical Assistant
    Former Employee - Medical Assistant

I worked at Family Dermatology of Lilburn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You will have a job. Physicians allow MAs to cross train.

Cons

They have decreased starting pay. This a specialty practice, cutting workers salary to put more in your own is definitely money hungry. Decreased the number of hours MAd are able to work. Take over other offices then treat the previous doc like crap.

Advice to Management

Increase opportunities for raises. Stop discriminating against employees. Treat employees better.