Family Fare "full time" Reviews | Glassdoor

Family Fare Employee Reviews about "full time"

Updated Apr 3, 2019

2.9
Pros
Cons
  • "Starting minimum wage pay not attractive for most part-time employees(in 5 reviews)

• "You will never get full time hours, you will be either temporary/seasonal, or permanent part-time(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "full time"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Assistant Customer Service Manager"

I worked at Family Fare full-time

Pros

Great flexibility to work, almost everyone is easy to work with, lots of learning for potential advancement and also helps with future jobs I learned a lot from this place

Cons

There might be some people that you cant get along with and you will have to pretty much suck it up and deal with it and try to make the best out of it, major downside was I worked full time but was only considered part time because they kept my hours just below 35 so it wouldn't switch over to full time so no benefits

Family Fare2017-12-19
  2. "Clerk at family Fare Quickstop"

Former Employee - Clerk in Wyoming, MI

I worked at Family Fare part-time for less than a year

Pros

Team is like family. Close knit working environment.

Cons

Some workers work more if others schedules aren’t flexible enough. Limited amount of full time positions although you may be expected to work full time without the full time benefits. Extremely high turnover rate.

Family Fare2019-04-04

"Good Team, Bad Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockford, MI

I have been working at Family Fare full-time

Pros

Great team, co-workers generally get along well and work as a team.

Cons

Starting minimum wage pay not attractive for most part-time employees. Management pay isn't much better, our seafood manager made $9.50 an hr. Always short staffed, which causes current employees to burn-out quickly often times needing to skip lunches and breaks in order to meet demands of supervisors. In certain departments bottled water is prohibited. If you want to work part-time hours 15-25 a week, expect to work mostly full-time hours for most weeks except for one within the 6 weeks so they don't have to offer you benefits. This is all due to low-staff levels.

Family Fare2016-11-06

"honesty on working here"

Stock in Herron, MI

I worked at Family Fare for more than 3 years

Pros

the crew I worked with was great people. The hours I worked was a shift I enjoyed.

Cons

You will never get full time hours, you will be either temporary/seasonal, or permanent part-time.

Family Fare2016-02-18
  5. "Good for a local job."

Former Employee - Department Manager

I worked at Family Fare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good working conditions, not much of a drive if your local, overall good people to work with. Full time benefits are just okay for a company this size. not stressful unless your in management.

Cons

Training is next to non existent, Promotion from within does not happen often, never enough hours in the day/week to get the job done that they expect. Corporate buyers have no clue what they are sending stores.

Family Fare2014-09-25
  6. "Worked there for 12 years and have tried to better myself to management,but get passed over everytime."

Current Employee - Center Store Clerk in Houghton Lake, MI

I have been working at Family Fare full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Like i have full time with benefits. love working with the customers.have learned many different jobs(as cashier,vendor/receiver, stocking grocery,dairy,frozen,) .

Cons

they say they promote from within but never seem to get any farther than i am.

Family Fare2014-09-29

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 6 reviews