Family Heritage Life Insurance Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Family Heritage Life Insurance President and CEO Howard Lewis
Howard Lewis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great products and great training at (in 14 reviews)

• Long-term financial opportunity with residual income and ownership (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Must be ok with going door to door in areas that aren't the greatest (in 16 reviews)

• 100% commission, door to door sales (in 11 reviews)

"Give it a try"

Former Employee - Insurance Agent
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent

I worked at Family Heritage Life Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If youve always wanted more out of your career, this may be the right place. You can make whatever income you desire as long as youre willing to put in the efoort.

Cons

Since you will be self employed, no benefits and no base salary. 100% commision so be sure to have funds to back you up for 6 months. Working on your own .

Advice to Management

Groups are so set on growth that they dont really put in the time to help individuals. Try to put more emphasis on growing the team you have.

2. "Objectively Compare"

Current Employee - Salesman in Owensboro, KY
    Current Employee - Salesman in Owensboro, KY

I have been working at Family Heritage Life Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

When you objectively compare this to other opportunities, FHL is tough to beat. What we do matters. Our products actually matter. The people who "make it" are strong, good people. So if you "make it" you will be working side by side with strong leaders (so important). You have unlimited opportunity for professional and personal growth, and you get to do this at your own pace. You can work 60-80 hours a week to make $200k right away. Or you can work 40-50 hours per week for $80-$100k right away. Or you can work 20-30 hours per week for $40-$50 k per year. Your income goes up every year as long as you are consistent. The system works. Its truly amazing how consistently our system works. And they allow you to own part of the company because of the residual income and Torchmark stock. Plus, you can be a sales professional (part or full time) or you can get into growth and leadership and build your own multi-million dollar agency. The company has an incredible track record of success. We are A+ rated with the BBB and have an A+ superior credit rating from A.M. best. The customer service department has won multiple national awards. And the leadership of the company all started as agents so we develop and promote leadership from within. Nothing is given to you here so you have to earn it, so everyone starts at zero and you get out of this exactly what you put into it.

Cons

No cons. True American success story. YOU have to be a professional and stick to the system even when it's tough. This is NOT for everyone. This is the perfect place for someone who wants more out of life than a "normal."

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

3. "Hard work, but rewarding"

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Family Heritage Life Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-You get to make your own schedule.
    -You get out of it what you put in, so if you want to be successful you need to put in the work and time.
    -The products are truly amazing and help so many people.

Cons

-Completely commission based so there is no steady income.
    -No health benefits.
    -Must be ok with going door to door in areas that aren't the greatest.

4. "Challenging Position"

Current Employee - Licensed Health Agent in Billings, MT
    Current Employee - Licensed Health Agent in Billings, MT

Pros

Own your own business. Be your own boss. Set your own schedule. Potential to make six figures. Helping to protect families and their assets.

Cons

Straight commission. No benefits. Unless you have a developed clientele of your own, then you will be making cold calls to residences and/ or businesses.

Advice to Management

Do more to help agents with leads. Advertise. Particularly in smaller markets. Offer assistance and training to agents on how to own and operate their own businesses.

5. "Great culture"

I have been working at Family Heritage Life Insurance full-time

Pros

Everyome is there to hep you what ever you need.

Cons

It is hard work but worth it.

Advice to Management

Thank you.

6. "Best opportunity I have ever been exposed to!"

Current Employee - Regional Director in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Regional Director in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Family Heritage Life Insurance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Able to work at your own pace. If you work hard there is no cap to earning potential. Able to make my own schedule. Able to open multiple offices.

Cons

Your success ultimately is up to you. You have to be self-motivated and driven. Make sure you understand you are responsible for yourself.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

7. "Na"

I have been working at Family Heritage Life Insurance part-time

Pros

Hours,money, independence, knowledge , experience

Cons

I don’t have any cons

8. "Best Opportunity In America!"

Pros

Flexibility: Schedule your work around your life events. If you are an employee you work around someone else's schedule, when you are a business owner you work around your schedule.

Ownership: You are truly a business owner with Family Heritage, only you decide how successful you will be.

Training: The unlimited amount of available training is here to help you be successful. Between sales school, assigned trainers, and the training events all you have to do is put the training into action!

Growth Potential: There is no ceiling on how far you can go with Family Heritage. Every one of my previous jobs was just that, a job. With this career there is no limit on how many promotions you can achieve, there is no waiting for a position to become available just don't stop.

Reward: You truly know that you are offering the best product available for any person or family out there, anyone can and will benefit from having your product.

Earnings: As I said above, you determine how your earnings will be, if you have big enough goals and a great enough purpose your earning potential is unlimited.

Cons

I truly believe that there are no Con's with Family Heritage. With that in mind I will tell you what to expect.

Expect to put in the time, every single person before you that is successful is where they are because they started at the ground level, there are no short-cuts in this business.

Expect a learning curve, you may have to forget everything else you know and start over from the beginning to be successful. Once you learn the ropes you will be able to integrate your previous training and experiences.

"GOOD JOB ONLY IF...."

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Dallas, TX

I worked at Family Heritage Life Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Products. Great training. Decent pay

Cons

Be prepared to starve for awhile. One thing I noticed, after struggling for the first weeks, was that 9 out of 10 people were in their early to mid-20’s. Many of them quite successful in a short time and a young age but I discovered most of them were not the breadwinner for a family. They had apartments with shared rent, they had some of their bills paid for by parents, they lived with their parents or had financially well off parents to provide when it got lean. Most of them did not have mortgages, felt no need for healthcare, only one car note (if it wasn’t already paid for), no kids that needed braces or glasses. You get the picture. There were some hardworking, older (35-38) agents that hD families and did quite well but this company is mostly a young persons game. The person that recruited me did not give me an accurate picture. If you have no family commitments or you’re not the breadwinner then I suggest this job if you got the skills. If you’re the provider or your family depends on your income I would not suggest this company.

Advice to Management

Some kind of base salary for the first 3 mos. as well as benefits.

"Not your full time job"

Former Employee - Filled Underwriter in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Filled Underwriter in Tampa, FL

I worked at Family Heritage Life Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training, products are great back up Office underwriting very helpful in many ways better than you territorial

Cons

Abandonment, area managers and territorial managers loom for themselves and not for the "Team" too many messages and old style daily reports, short notices on meetings and angry outburst from Territorials , daily emails and texts so get ready to be a Slave and not a 1099

Advice to Management

Help people grow, stop been greedy, too many lies and broken promises, stop back stabbing stealing clients and prospects (area manager ) does not speak English husband helps but he's not certified to advised nor sell insurance.