Family Heritage Life Insurance Reviews | Glassdoor

Family Heritage Life Insurance Reviews

Updated March 15, 2017

2.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends

Pros
  • Great products and great training at (in 10 reviews)

• Ability to grow a business that you have an actual equity stake in, get paid very well and lock in a permanent residual income (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Door to door/B2b sales is a tough gig (in 12 reviews)

• It only benefits a few leaving many of the new hires penniless trying to live on 100% commission (in 8 reviews)

1. "Senior Agent"

Current Employee - Agent in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Agent in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Family Heritage Life Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For training and experience only

Cons

Great Cancer Plan if you don't get even shared cost from Medicaid assistance... Know a client who he and his wife lost many days from work to be beside 10 yr old son being treated for cancer...a nearly $20,000 claim check went to medicaid instead of the client...because medicaid offered only SOME assistance. Accident plan requires great detail filing claims. Clients get discouraged jumping through hoops only to get declined 2 months later they give up and drop the plan

Advice to Management

None, you already cranked the koolaid

"Control issues"

Pros

Good products

Cons

Controlling:
    Anyone having one drink at the bar will be kicked out of sales class. Never heard that one before. Felt like a cult (do I hear Scientology?)

Was put in residential (door to door) class. Supposed to be B to B. Could not rectify that issue.

Sales hotel was a dump (Wyndham Gardens in Dalls). Bugs, smelly.

No base salary...100% commission
    No start up money
    No medical insurance or any insurance offered at all.
    No gas allowance
    No car allowance (you drive your own car)
    13 hour days for the training
    Scripts are expected to be used WORD for WORD, no ad libs
    In training: Questions were not encouraged.

Their only promise? That you will make six figures if you use their system by the second year. That is at 5 sales a week., 40 weeks a year.

Advice to Management

You are not my mother. If I am in school and I want a glass of wine at night, shut the hell up.
    Drop this cult nonsense. You are way too controlling.

3. "Unsatisfied"

Former Intern - Insurance Sales Agent in Paducah, KY
    Former Intern - Insurance Sales Agent in Paducah, KY

I worked at Family Heritage Life Insurance as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Basically handed my money for license they helped me receive over to the state, to just sit on it because they wouldn't appoint and now unemployed. Wish I wouldn't of got involved

Cons

Spoke to CEO of company and got okay to start work after 6 mnths of work and getting license they wouldn't appoint me. Pretty much scammed me

Advice to Management

Practice more what you preach, say they're very family oriented but after I put all my work in all I ended being was unemployed and didn't seem to matter to anyone in the company.

"Insurance Agent"

I have been working at Family Heritage Life Insurance part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a positive atmosphere in meetings and in the field. Those experienced in sales can succeed. Also good for those who have money to live on while starting your own business.

Cons

There is not enough transparency in the training atmosphere. It only benefits a few leaving many of the new hires penniless trying to live on 100% commission.

Advice to Management

More time needs to be devoted to helping new hires develop warm leads. Honesty needs to be incorporated when it comes to the average time it takes to make enough money to live on.

"Sales"

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Corpus Christi, TX
    Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Corpus Christi, TX

Pros

Family heritage is a great company that offers Financial stability to clients when they need it. The training is amazing, the pay is wonderful and the vacations are the best. This is a hard job and not meant for everybody but for those who try and give it their full 100% are in for a journey of a lifetime.

Cons

The only cons are if you are not self-motivated if you have to answer to someone and clock in and out this probably isn't for you. But if you want a great opportunity and you're dedicated and willing to be coachable you can succeed.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

"Keep your eyes wide open"

Current Employee - Field Agent in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Field Agent in Cleveland, OH

Pros

The people are amazing. Hands down, most thoroughly upbeat culture I've ever experienced.

Cons

Everything goes on your tab. You pay for your training. Ask lots of questions and make sure you can actually afford to get past the curve. If you don't want to knock on doors all day this is not the job for you.

Advice to Management

Be straightforward. Keep up the positivity.

"Great customer service for your policyholders but your policyholders are not protected"

Current Employee - Independent Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Independent Sales Representative

I have been working at Family Heritage Life Insurance (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good place if you are semi retired and wish to work a few hours a week and build up a renewal income

Cons

Commission only. They gave a list of my policyholders to another agent who has been calling on them and selling other policies.

Advice to Management

Should not allow other agents to target another agent's policyholders. Running into another agent's policyholders on an occasional basis and selling another policy is ok.

"Not family heritages fault."

Former Employee - Salesman in Petersburg, WV
    Former Employee - Salesman in Petersburg, WV

I worked at Family Heritage Life Insurance part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Own hours. What you make us up to how hard you work.

Cons

Commission pay. Lots of driving your own vehicle with no reimbursement.

The lady that was my sponser was a money grubber. We were taught in our classes to be very concerned with the customers. She told me to just get the money and get out. She worked all the businesses and then hired me for the driving and poor parts of town. I made sales but knew most of them wouldn't last. ALL SHE CARED ABOUT WAS HER CUT!!! I believe in what Family Heritage sales. I still have a policy. I just don't like the person in charge of this area.

Advice to Management

Learn more about your "senior leaders"

"A good place to work if you already have a solid financial base."

Pros

Good opportunity to work a flexible schedule
    An ability to create residual income by selling insurance and recruiting team members.

Cons

No base salary
    Management support is lacking at times
    Recruiting anyone and everyone for a 'numbers game' approach to selling