Family Heritage Life Insurance Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Family Heritage Life Insurance President and CEO Howard Lewis
Howard Lewis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great products and great training at (in 14 reviews)

• Ability to grow a business that you have an actual equity stake in, get paid very well and lock in a permanent residual income (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Door to door/B2b sales is a tough gig (in 15 reviews)

• 100% commission, door to door sales (in 10 reviews)

1. "Best opportunity I have ever been exposed to!"

Current Employee - Regional Director in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Regional Director in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Family Heritage Life Insurance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Able to work at your own pace. If you work hard there is no cap to earning potential. Able to make my own schedule. Able to open multiple offices.

Cons

Your success ultimately is up to you. You have to be self-motivated and driven. Make sure you understand you are responsible for yourself.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

2. "Na"

I have been working at Family Heritage Life Insurance part-time

Pros

Hours,money, independence, knowledge , experience

Cons

I don’t have any cons

3. "Best Opportunity In America!"

I have been working at Family Heritage Life Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexibility: Schedule your work around your life events. If you are an employee you work around someone else's schedule, when you are a business owner you work around your schedule.

Ownership: You are truly a business owner with Family Heritage, only you decide how successful you will be.

Training: The unlimited amount of available training is here to help you be successful. Between sales school, assigned trainers, and the training events all you have to do is put the training into action!

Growth Potential: There is no ceiling on how far you can go with Family Heritage. Every one of my previous jobs was just that, a job. With this career there is no limit on how many promotions you can achieve, there is no waiting for a position to become available just don't stop.

Reward: You truly know that you are offering the best product available for any person or family out there, anyone can and will benefit from having your product.

Earnings: As I said above, you determine how your earnings will be, if you have big enough goals and a great enough purpose your earning potential is unlimited.

Cons

I truly believe that there are no Con's with Family Heritage. With that in mind I will tell you what to expect.

Expect to put in the time, every single person before you that is successful is where they are because they started at the ground level, there are no short-cuts in this business.

Expect a learning curve, you may have to forget everything else you know and start over from the beginning to be successful. Once you learn the ropes you will be able to integrate your previous training and experiences.

4. "I love my career and the opportunity that I’ve been blessed with. I am in charge of my own success."

Current Employee - Sales Agent/Territory Recruiter in Florence, KY
    Current Employee - Sales Agent/Territory Recruiter in Florence, KY

Pros

You can be as successful as you want, the commission pays within a few days of selling an application, the people I work with inspire me to greatness every day.

Cons

The work life balance and time management is difficult to get used to.

5. "Best decision I ever made"

I have been working at Family Heritage Life Insurance full-time

Pros

I have the ability to build and grow with a strong support system

Cons

I wish I would have started sooner

6. "Why want a job when you can have a CAREER?"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Rochester, MN
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Rochester, MN

Pros

Lifetime residuals, Advancement opportunities based on merit, Stock programs, Innovative policies with benefit levels AND Return of Premiums.

Cons

Would like to see more sickness coverages or income protection plans.

Advice to Management

More Spanish Materials in each state.

7. "The Best Opportunity in America!"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Columbus, GA
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Columbus, GA

Pros

We get to help provide financial security and peace of mind to families when the unexpected occurs.

There is no limit to how far and wide you can go in this company.

Cons

You have to get licensed in your home state before you can begin to work in other states. So it took a little time to expand my market.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop leaders who will develop leaders.

8. "Independent insurance agent"

Pros

Love my time freedom, the flexibility, helping g people with the products we provide, love the income and all that comes with this profession 16 yrs and going for more!!!

Cons

The hardest part about this kub is being constant at what you do and respecting your own hours to work

"Recruiter/Agent"

Current Employee - Agent in Weldon Spring, MO
    Current Employee - Agent in Weldon Spring, MO

I have been working at Family Heritage Life Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Always do what they say they are going to. Very clear career track. Opportunity for growth. You are valued. Very family-first culture. They believe in pouring quality time into quality people. They actually care about each other and supply you with the tools you need to be successful. Systems are already in place. Activity based business. Opportunity to earn what you're worth!

Cons

It's not just another job. This is an actually career choice. You have to take it seriously and commit, not just dip your toe in the water. Some days aren't as easy as you hope but that's when you put pressure on the system and not yourself. With great autonomy, comes great accountability. You can't just like the idea of becoming successful. It's a choice and you have to decide first.

Advice to Management

Let's have more team building events. Maybe, once every other month!

10. "Loved interning here"

Former Employee - Internship
    Former Employee - Internship

I worked at Family Heritage Life Insurance (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of opportunities to help

Cons

Sometimes given busy work, albeit it was important